Do you dye your hair?

sawadee1947

22 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Yeh yeh and dont take salt. Dont drink beer every second month as its bsd for you every other month they suddenly say its ok.

Dont eat red meat. In fact stay locked in your house for the rest of your life because some boffin has to spend his grant money and make shit up.

4 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yeh yeh and dont take salt. Dont drink beer every second month as its bsd for you every other month they suddenly say its ok.

Dont eat red meat. In fact stay locked in your house for the rest of your life because some boffin has to spend his grant money and make shit up.

I was always happy to get grant money.  I was Chief Investigator on 2 NIH grants.  Both studies were HIV/AIDS treatment related.  I always told the truth based on my best clinical observations.

I think you may be on to something  with, " stay locked in your house for the rest of your life" thing though.

Edited by joeyg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joeyg said:

I was always happy to get grant money.  I was Chief Investigator on 2 NIH grants.  Both studies were HIV/AIDS treatment related.  I always told the truth based on my best clinical 

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:
4 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I was always happy to get grant money.  I was Chief Investigator on 2 NIH grants.  Both studies were HIV/AIDS treatment related.  I always told the truth based on my best clinical 

?

On 8/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, thequietman said:

Good ones you say ................. names please. I am partial to some dye but the ones available make the scalp and hair black and don't last. A more natural black would be nice not jet black which is available here.

The imported brands, Garnier, L'Oreal, etc. are much better than the cheaper, local products. 300 baht vs. 35 baht, but you can mix partial batches. I have short hair and get 5 or 6 dye jobs per package.

Many colors are available. I have very dark brown hair, but use a medium brown dye. This keeps my hair from looking too uniform and presents a more natural appearance.

• Thanks 1

No.  I've got a very full head fortunately at 65.  I was buzzing my head for a couple of years.  Then one of my GFs asked me to grow it out.  Was a great suggestion.  It's grey/white and blond.  The girls like it.  That's what matters.  Nothing like the cool feel of a #1 buzz though.

So the OP spends his days wondering why some people dye their hair.  In other words, the OP doesn't believe people should try to change the way they look...natural is best.  Following that logic, the OP also believes:

--No one should wear make-up, or even powder

--No one should shave their head...just let it grow out.  Natural is best!

--No one should get a tan.  Also good for your health.

--Why buy expensive clothes?  And jewelry?  Expensive watches?  What's the point??

--Shut down beauty shops...we don't need them!  Why should women even bother with a perm?

--Plastic surgery should be illegal.  Shaving too.

Etc.  Of course I disagree.  I tend to mind my own business.  Heck, if the President of the United States can dye his hair, why can't everyone else?

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

So the OP spends his days wondering why some people dye their hair.  In other words, the OP doesn't believe people should try to change the way they look...natural is best.  Following that logic, the OP also believes:

--No one should wear make-up, or even powder

--No one should shave their head...just let it grow out.  Natural is best!

--No one should get a tan.  Also good for your health.

--Why buy expensive clothes?  And jewelry?  Expensive watches?  What's the point??

--Shut down beauty shops...we don't need them!  Why should women even bother with a perm?

--Plastic surgery should be illegal.  Shaving too.

Etc.  Of course I disagree.  I tend to mind my own business.  Heck, if the President of the United States can dye his hair, why can't everyone else?

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Its an understandable vanity as most prefer to look the best they can.

As a female, I realised a few decades ago that gold/blonde suited me far better than mousey-brown - and so dyed/highlighted my hair.

Its only recently that it 'hit me' that it was a waste of money/time/ patience nowadays!  Having no interest in attracting a 'partner' - I only need to appeal to my own vanity, which doesn't include hiding my age :smile:.  (Having said this, I'm lucky that grey isn't that far from gold/blonde/white!)

I added "patience" - as spending hours at the hairdresser was always a dreaded chore....

For me seeing a bloke with gray roots is a ..........sad-face.gif.ad3e4430a24ddbeae84010cf7499e926.gif

• Like 1

My hair started to turn grey in my twenties. Its runs in the family. But it is a nice silver grey. Couldn't be bothered with the dye thing. I think I would just look like a old guy with dyed hair. At least I have a full head of hair. The only problem are swimming pools or sea water that can turn it a bit yellow or greenish.

But there are shampoos for this.

And the girls like the silver grey.

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I doubt you really believe this.  If it were true, guys would be dyeing their hair silver grey right and left. 

Why not, this guy has no ploblem with the ladies for sure....:stoner:

Clooney.jpg.6a0a1d0d50c4dbedf62a4623c9c66b9a.jpg

I Do the Donald trump method, Comb the hair on my arse forward , make a quiff and dye it blonde. Before the Mods remove this supposedly jovial remark,  I have not had my sense of humor  removed yet as mandatory on Thai Visa,

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

Why not, this guy has no ploblem with the ladies for sure....:stoner:

Clooney.jpg.6a0a1d0d50c4dbedf62a4623c9c66b9a.jpg

George Clooney was a serious stud back in his younger days and still has the goods in his 50's.  But honestly, if he wasn't famous and wealthy (imagine some unknown guy who looked like Clooney), he'd be just another older expat in Thailand.  In other words, he'd have to pay for the company of young hotties just like everyone else.  Women would not be interested in George Clooney for his gray hair.  They would be interested in him because he's George Clooney.

Edited by Berkshire

13 hours ago, Berkshire said:

George Clooney was a serious stud back in his younger days and still has the goods in his 50's.  But honestly, if he wasn't famous and wealthy (imagine some unknown guy who looked like Clooney), he'd be just another older expat in Thailand.  In other words, he'd have to pay for the company of young hotties just like everyone else.  Women would not be interested in George Clooney for his gray hair.  They would be interested in him because he's George Clooney.

There is a number of film and rock stars that have kept their natural hair colour when older, there is also a huge number that want to go to the hairdressers every couple of days to colour their roots after dying their hair.  They have the time and money to keep it up.

But I reckon every aging Thai bloke I know except one does the black rinse thing, the white root brigade, seems here it is quite normal stuff. But then I have never seen natural colour dyed hair on a farang, just sticks out a mile, together with the white roots. Old farangs forget that seldom does a young mans hair colour job ever match the age of their face. And as for wigs.....Crazy stuff....

I saw a pic the other day on FB of a Thai lady with her farang bloke, he must have been about 70, he had a rug on his head that had more pile than an Axminster carpet and had a totally unnatural colour..Now surely this bloke must look in the mirror and see there is something wrong..:sad:

There is a number of film and rock stars that have kept their natural hair colour when older, there is also a huge number that want to go to the hairdressers every couple of days to colour their roots after dying their hair.  They have the time and money to keep it up.

But I reckon every aging Thai bloke I know except one does the black rinse thing, the white root brigade, seems here it is quite normal stuff. But then I have never seen natural colour dyed hair on a farang, just sticks out a mile, together with the white roots. Old farangs forget that seldom does a young mans hair colour job ever match the age of their face. And as for wigs.....Crazy stuff....

I saw a pic the other day on FB of a Thai lady with her farang bloke, he must have been about 70, he had a rug on his head that had more pile than an Axminster carpet and had a totally unnatural colour..Now surely this bloke must look in the mirror and see there is something wrong..:sad:

I always figured " if Elton John , with all his money, can't afford a decent syrup , then I sure as hell can't "

Of course there may be guys out there with really good wigs and we don't know it ...................[emoji848]

But I think not !
  • Like 1