Do you dye your hair?

sawadee1947

Hello All

Need the guy's who have partners to ask them of their experience & cost

Reason being the other half (after me deliberating on price ) for the past mth finally went down to our local hairdresser in front of the Moo Baan to have her hair died - was quoted 2400 bht using 2 pkts of die ( I reckon 600 bht total ) going of prices at the big Mall

So of she goes all happy & the process was

* trim hair ( has long hair ) hence the 2 pkts of dye

* Put some stuff in hair & then under the steamer 

* Put the dye in

At this stage she comes back home to get more money (can't believe ) as she now mentioned it is now 3000 bht since the 2400 was supposedly a promotion (wasn't mentioned at the time )

So what's your partners thoughts

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2017 at 8:37 PM, Beechboy said:

The 'Just for Men' range is super ... I use the medium brown for my sides and even my mother doesn't notice.

Furthermore they now have a new product called Control GX which is a shampoo which reduces grey gradually with each wash ... and forever.

Where is that sold in Thailand ?

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where is that sold in Thailand ?

Answer doubtful that was 14 months ago !

I know... I wasn't going grey 14 months ago though !!!... 

Just wondering if anyone has seen this in Thailand.... I was given a bottle and it seemed to work well with rather a natural appearance... the wife likes and it knocks me back into my 30's rather than propelled into my 50's !.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know... I wasn't going grey 14 months ago though !!!... 

Just wondering if anyone has seen this in Thailand.... I was given a bottle and it seemed to work well with rather a natural appearance... the wife likes and it knocks me back into my 30's rather than propelled into my 50's !.... 

Here ya go sir.........199 baht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/just-for-men-shampoo-in-haircolor-natural-dark-brown-i10694791-s13383469.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.32.154e443chFHz74&search=1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Thanks Charlie...  Thats not the same stuff though... 

Just for Men - Control GX Shampoo (for lighter shades) is what I'm after...  just use it as a normal shampoo once or twice a week... 

image.png.0bb5c547fd5c27679f6298397795bdac.png

8 hours ago, Small Joke said:

Which goes to show, you still realised it was dye. Even after loong shelling out extra!

Its down to personal preference, but its interesting that most of the A list celebs either, shave, or just grey gracefully, Connery, Baldwin, Ford, Clooney. Hanks, Wegener, Charlie Watts, etc.

The general staff and most of cabinet are vain and vainglorious poltroons. Whod want to imitate that shower?

Well said.

8 hours ago, Small Joke said:

Which goes to show, you still realised it was dye. Even after loong shelling out extra!

Its down to personal preference, but its interesting that most of the A list celebs either, shave, or just grey gracefully, Connery, Baldwin, Ford, Clooney. Hanks, Wegener, Charlie Watts, etc.

The general staff and most of cabinet are vain and vainglorious poltroons. Whod want to imitate that shower?

You know what they say about making assumptions ? They can make an ass out of you. The reason i knew they were dyed was because i was told. 

My ex was a professional beautician back in the States, and colored my hair 15 years. No one knew it was colored because (1) she was a real pro with training, and (2) there are real professional color lines available in the U.S. The only thing I see in Thailand is that off the shelf, cheap, DIY home product. Absolution garbage.

I think male dying of hair is much more common in Asia than in the West.
I’m genetically predisposed to not have grey hair, but got the usual receding hairline thing.
My Thai hairdresser couldn’t ever get his around the fact that I didn’t care, he always wanted to do some comb over thing, baffles me.
Couldn’t count the number of times I was in the chair next to some middle aged Thai guy having his colored
Women the world over seem unable to let their hair go grey, until the point where give up sometime in their 60’s
I’ve had this discussion with my ex wife who went totally grey in her 30’s and my current wife, that I actually think most men kinda find it quite attractive

Edited by GinBoy2