Storm Storms Into Bangkok As Millions Reel From Flooding

snoop1130

Storm Storms Into Bangkok As Millions Reel From Flooding

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

hedyuth-696x464.jpg

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha on a boat in a flooded area in Sakhon Nakhon Wednesday.

BANGKOK — A Wednesday afternoon storm heralded what could be a relatively wet week for the capital, though nothing to cause the level of devastation still being felt across much of the country, where severe flooding has killed 11 people.

Forty percent to 60 percent of Bangkok will see rain now through Sunday, with temperatures between 24C and 35C. Monday and Tuesday will see rainfall drop to 30 percent, according to state meteorologists.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/08/02/storm-storms-bangkok-millions-reel-flooding/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-8-2

Flooding - a regular feature. The storms you cannot control but you can mitigate the flooding that happens on a regular basis. Unfortunately it seems that no one learns or is prepared to do something meaningful about it!

If I were a sceptic, I might be thinking that the regular flooding provides an opportunity for the country's leaders (not just the current ones) to show how much they love their people and with their "rescue efforts" the people will love and worship them, for those efforts. :whistling: 

Edited by lvr181
Correction

as long as Thai people don't change their attitude and stop dumping piles of trash into the waterways and block drains (fat / cooking oil) at every Soi, nothing will change.

Will that happen? Not during my lifespan for sure.....