In blustery call, Trump pressured Mexico on border wall payment

webfact

5 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

I seriously doubt anyone who voted for Trump actually believed Mexico would  pay for the "Wall"

Any sensible person knew he was just blowing smoke.

Don't take Trump's words literally but, tale him seriously.

Trump certainly believed they did take him literally, which is why he was desperate to enlist Peña-Nieto's help in keeping the fiction going. 

Read the actual transcript of the phone call. Don't rely on Fox or Breitbart reporting of it.

Read how "the great negotiator"...eh, let's call it "negotiates"

T

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

But he ran his campaign promising he would do all these things and people took him at his word and voted for him.  Then he failed to deliver on the pledges.  On which bit do you suggest we take him seriously?  Promising he would do something or failing to do it?

Obama Care will be dealt with, that's not over. The "Wall", immigration, reduced regulations, reduce business taxes. Everyone is to busy talking about Russia to see what's actually going on.

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:
14 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

I seriously doubt anyone who voted for Trump actually believed Mexico would  pay for the "Wall"

Any sensible person knew he was just blowing smoke.

Don't take Trump's words literally but, tale him seriously.

But he ran his campaign promising he would do all these things and people took him at his word and voted for him.  Then he failed to deliver on the pledges.  On which bit do you suggest we take him seriously?  Promising he would do something or failing to do it?

"I voted for Trump because he says it like it is"

"Don't take t.rump's words literally"

?

7 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Obama Care will be dealt with, that's not over. The "Wall", immigration, reduced regulations, reduce business taxes. Everyone is to busy talking about Russia to see what's actually going on.

Not me.  I am watching everything very closely but not getting my "facts" from Fox News.

26 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Everyone is to busy talking about Russia to see what's actually going on.

The only ones who need "to see what's actually going on", are the uninformed Trumpeteers.

And indeed, many are talking about Russia.

Including:

The House Intelligence Committee

The Senate Intelligence Committee

The Senate Judiciary Committee

The House Oversight Committee

Special Counsel Mueller.

And the now convened Grand Jury in Washington D.C.

(Who have already issued subpoenas)

Because:

The White House is under criminal investigation for obstruction of justice, collusion, fraud, racketeering, money laundering and espionage.

And:

The occupier of the White House' son, along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected Trump campaign director,

had a clandestine meeting with agents from a hostile foreign adversary.

Russia.

There is not one policy that Trump has advocated that anyone with any sense can agree will work for the betterment  of America.  The transcripts show just how incompetent this man is and he is surrounded by an alt right advisor such as Bannon and Miller that push his buttons and seem to e manipulating Trump.  

Now they are pushing an Immigration policy based upon 'merit'- to be issued a Visa for the US one must speak English; one must be educated; one must have certain needed skills.  Under these rules my grandparents would have been rejected as they could not speak English; were uneducated and were poor.  They landed at Ellis Island and eventually became fluent in English; had families and good jobs; paid taxes and were responsible citizens.

The Statue of Liberty  which sits in New York harbor is a beacon to the World that America welcomes those who are oppressed or poor- but the Trump Administration is making a mockery of everything my family believes in and that my father fought a war to preserve.

The greatest danger America faces is Donald Trump and his alt right agenda which must be resisted and defeated.

1 minute ago, iReason said:

The only ones who need "to see what's actually going on", are the uninformed Trumpeteers.

And indeed, many are talking about Russia.

Including:

Special Counsel Mueller.

(Who have already issued subpoenas)

Because:

The White House is under criminal investigation for obstruction of justice, collusion, fraud, racketeering, money laundering and espionage.

And:

The occupier of the White House' son, along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected Trump campaign director,

had a clandestine meeting with agents from a hostile foreign adversary.

Russia.

Going to be a rough road for a short while, no doubt. It's not so much Trump the man as it is the ideals Trump stands for. He is a rascal, no doubt.

9 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Can't justify our own people leaking private phone conversations between world leaders. What Trump did or didn't do seems to be just speculation by bitter people.

The leaks are most likely coming from his own staff. Even they  hate his guts... 

In a normal situation- people should not be leaking, However, this is not normal because Donald Trump is a clear and present danger to the United States.  In this case, the leakers are patriots who do not want to see America destroyed by a narcissistic megalomaniac like Trump. And the more we see of his incompetence- the closer we get to his removal from office.

If it were truly dangerous, the FBI would be rooting out the leakers, a la Ed Snowden.  Thus far, nothing that's truly secret or a danger to national security has been leaked.  The only danger is for Trump.  I don't remember Obama, Clinton or the Bushes having this level of internal leak problems.

Edited by attrayant
typo

'Hey Senor Mexico Presidente, como estas?  Pretty good, huh, I speak Mexican.  

You got somebody who can make tacos?  I need an hombre to make tacos.  Send one over, thanks in advance.  Oh, and Melania needs someone to mop the floor, and some one else to trim her hedges.  I'm very very rich, so payment is no problem.  I'll just garnish their wages against the cost of my great big beautiful wall.  Everyone will love me, even the wetbacks. You'll see.  Hasta la vista.'

19 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Going to be a rough road for a short while, no doubt. It's not so much Trump the man as it is the ideals Trump stands for. He is a rascal, no doubt.

'rascal' ?   The kid who took her clothes off and got a shower under the eave of the roof during a rainstorm is a rascal.  Calling Trump a rascal is like calling ebola an inconvenience.

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

'rascal' ?   The kid who took her clothes off and got a shower under the eave of the roof during a rainstorm is a rascal.  Calling Trump a rascal is like calling ebola an inconvenience.

You have to see the big picture.

18 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

It's dangerous no matter who did it. No one should have the ability to do this.

I tend to believe that a President's private phone conversation with a foreign leader should remain private.  But honestly, if I worked for the federal government and came across information such as this, I would believe it to be my solemn duty to leak it to the press.  It's called patriotism.  Americans need to know what the heck is going on at the highest levels of our government!

42 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Ideals? What Ideals?

1 hour ago, thehelmsman said:

A rascal?  When I was a kid and got into trouble my mother called me a rascal.  I think Trump possibly deserves a slightly more serious description however.. we in England are waiting for Trump to address the people at the moment and as usual the BBC are covering it live!  Now where did I put that popcorn!

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

A rascal?  When I was a kid and got into trouble my mother called me a rascal.  I think Trump possibly deserves a slightly more serious description however.. we in England are waiting for Trump to address the people at the moment and as usual the BBC are covering it live!  Now where did I put that popcorn!

Oh dear not Trump but Sessions just with hot air and a warning to leakers... "Don't do it!"  So just a nothing burger I guess.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I tend to believe that a President's private phone conversation with a foreign leader should remain private.  But honestly, if I worked for the federal government and came across information such as this, I would believe it to be my solemn duty to leak it to the press.  It's called patriotism.  Americans need to know what the heck is going on at the highest levels of our government!

Whatever the reason for the breach of security, patriotism was not the reason. Blind hatred with no regard of consequences most likely.

8 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Whatever the reason for the breach of security, patriotism was not the reason. Blind hatred with no regard of consequences most likely.

Are you aware that;

By:

Special Counsel Mueller.

(Who have already issued subpoenas) ?

And:

had a clandestine meeting with agents from a hostile foreign adversary,

Russia ?

53 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

He does put on a good show. Enjoy...

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Are you aware that;

By:

Special Counsel Mueller.

(Who have already issued subpoenas) ?

And:

had a clandestine meeting with agents from a hostile foreign adversary,

Russia ?

Focus please, the leaked phone transcripts have nothing to do with your comment. Different animal

5 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Conservatism, a better America for the people.

Conservatism as in upholding traditional moral values? Dismissing decent behavior? Having a troublesome relationship with the concept of truth? A better America for the people, by working to cancel Obamacare without a working alternative?

Covfefeism, more like.