worried that wife is taking our 8 yr old daughter to thailand

pumpjack

well i know the answer to my question allready as im not going to let her,   but really the topic was aimed at any of you who are  in the same position as me with a wife who does not seem to care of the dangers of bringing up children.   is it a thai thing as my other 2 long term farang  partners would never dream of letting their children out of their sights . 

just after reading about the 2 child rapists on the run in koh pang nan too, seems everyday there is something on tv about animals

It happens everywhere in the world , I personally find Thailand very safe , except the roads .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read what the opinions of the other posters about your situation.Now read mine.

The very thought that your wife wanders off i s horrifying. What if she does it when alone with the child. This, as said,could be a ploy to return to Thailand with the child and never return. For you to allow your child to go some 8000 miles away with this doughnut is a recipe for a possible disaster,for which you would be to blame,  and would never forgive your self for. There is only one way around this, and that is to refuse to let the child out of the UK. You have to go with her, end of. If you love your child, you would not put her at this terrible risk. For you to even consider it, makes me think that you are not completely all there. If your wife makes it hell on earth for you and your decision, so be it. Your wife may not return, but you will still have your daughter.

I was a single parent of my daughter because my wife was proved unfit. I thank the lord for British Justice in my case. But once parted by miles of ocean, you will have none.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Give her a nice world class brand cellphone with updated covert surveillance software installed that will enable you to monitor all her phone, sms, email activity at a distance...and you will be fixed. :crazy: You find these lovely gadgets all over the internet. Naturally I am joking? ..or am I not?...up to you :jap:

Do not hesitate either to hire a reliable private eye for a week or so to get a deeper idea on what she is up to.

Nothing worse in life when you have doubts and hesitations on the loyalty of someone.

You have a fixation with surveillance you need to see a shrink pronto

8 hours ago, vandv said:

I think some of you either live on islands or in cities and have failed to spot the amount of devious characters that roam around rural thailand in pickup trucks.

real wild looking types......I've seen lots of them and I don't mean the farang ones.

I've seen them - they're called farmers.

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

OP will not let / allow his wife to go to visit her birth country and he won' t go with them because of 'work'.  Sounds a very happy family.  

How exactly can he stop his wife going on holiday alone?  Is she chained to the kitchen sink and needs his permission to make her own decisions?  

no but im sure hes the one paying for it. 

You got two kids not one.

If your wife can be trusted to get her to Thailand I think the kid will be pretty safe here, likely with a multitude of relatives watching over her.

Perhaps you need to schedule time off work and come with her.

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:
7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:
9 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Hell Fire PJ ... you live an active life.  

In January, if I remember correctly, you were saying that you are trying to get you GF/Wife a business to give her some income whilst you were back in the UK trying to earn some money ... someone, brother in law whatever had a car business ...and something about a noodle shop etc etc for your GF/Wife ...

In April you were back here renting a car to travel around ... wondering whether gasoline or diesel would be a better bet and how much it would cost to get to Hau Hin

Now you wife is not in Thailand  at all with this car business/noodle shop or whatever but with you in the UK and has a daughter... gee I can't keep up with these fables ....

Thank you.  Someone else noticed too. PJack has been on one adventure after another.

Off my head:

Disrespect me or not - funny thread TBF.

Then he got back with his Mrs in Issan like last month and he was concerned the house he deserted would be in ruin

In between that he had a car biz with gf BF making 30k a month

That's a lot of time you been spending with never a mention of your uk family. 

And then you didn't even look at his other profiles, Dirtycash, Asiansun, and a few more.

The guy is a right out troll, who separated from his so called wife years ago.

YES, I remember some of his other posts ... in fact in one post I commented that someone else would be doing the pumping for him if he wasn't careful .... 

Sometimes I'm amazed at how people look at the first post and ... BANG ...give their opinions without even reading through the thread ...  although I have to admit ... seven pages is quite something to peruse. 

We should have a pole on how many more will continue to comment on or advise this TROLL .....:smile:

Wonder what his next fable will be ...............................   breakfast time now

:sad:

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And of course you are Mr Perfect?:cheesy:

Well yes as i dont need to track my wife my kids any anyone else you decide to track. Have you got part shares in some traker company?:smile:

Edited by jeab1980

Unless your wife's family in Thailand,  has an equally,  (I don't care attitude) I agree with the poster who said that

her Thai family will spoil your daughter rotten while she is there, And your daughter will be

speaking much better and modern Thai when she gets back from the holidays.

Geezer

16 hours ago, Here2008 said:

Any Thai lady faced with some ignorant foreign 'farang' is entitled to stomp, scream and batter the miscreant !  :smile:

Did you walk to work of bring your lunch?

Asked chowny77's if he thought all Thai women acted that way. Do you think the OP is some ignorant farang?

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

And then you didn't even look at his other profiles, Dirtycash, Asiansun, and a few more.

The guy is a right out troll, who separated from his so called wife years ago.

Perhaps the different profiles are for different wives ?

On 8/6/2017 at 2:27 AM, chickenslegs said:

<deleted> work - If what you say is true you are not being paranoid - you should not entrust your 8 year old daughter into the control of someone who can't even be bothered to look after her properly.

Get down to the Citizens Advice Bureau and find out how you can make sure that Your daughter can't leave the UK without your permission.

Good luck.

If you are really concerned, check this link: https://www.gov.uk/permission-take-child-abroad

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You still don't understand what he wrote, which was that he wasn't going to let his wife take their daughter to Thailand. He didn't write that he wasn't going to let her go alone. Read carefully. Like I said, before you criticise the OP of wanting to chain her to the kitchen sink, it's a good idea to make sure you understand what he actually said.

I understand that.  What are you arguing about?  

On 8/6/2017 at 1:08 PM, pumpjack said:

mother worked in a bar in bangkok from her late teens ,    came fro m a very very poor family.

yes  i think that has affected her parental skills.  

she does love her daughter of course but she is just so bloody blind to the dangers of leaving my kid in other peoples hands.

once in the village, i looked out the window to see an old guy walking away from my house with my 3 year old in his hands, i ran out grabbed her and shouted at him,    then confronted my wife " who to hell is that taking my daughter "  she replied     " oh, he is friend of husband sister , he good man  , he ok "   

can you see my concern ?   

Er, no, not really.

I'd be more concerned of that type of situation back in the UK...

Just now, thaiguzzi said:

Er, no, not really.

I'd be more concerned of that type of situation back in the UK...

Guys on another planet. His example is from 5 years ago.

Do you think your UK based wife deserves this. You were moaning about your new GF disrespecting you 8 months ago?

She's been in the UK a long time if she was a problem you would know as schools would indicate this to agencies like social services.