Recommend a nice beachfront restaurant Jomtien

giddyup

My partners birthday tomorrow and I want to take her to lunch somewhere nice on the beachfront in Jomtien. Good food obviously, with a pleasant atmosphere, can be indoor or outdoor, no price restrictions. Thanks in advance.

Probably wouldn't go to any of them on Jomtien Beach (unless someone knows a gem that I've missed).

I'd go to Cabbages and Condoms at Pratumnak. Lovely sitting outside overlooking the sea.

Edited by lou62

The problem with Jomtien beachfront is that you always have the road and traffic between you and the sea. The only exception is when you get to the Thai seafood place right down at the far end, though the traffic does tail off once you get past Chaiyapreuk. Dongtan is nicer but doesnt have much in the way of good food that I know of.

So I would agree that Cabbages and Condoms would be a good option. Also on Pratumnak the Royal Cliff would be nice, as would the Intercontinental.

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The problem with Jomtien beachfront is that you always have the road and traffic between you and the sea. The only exception is when you get to the Thai seafood place right down at the far end, though the traffic does tail off once you get past Chaiyapreuk. Dongtan is nicer but doesnt have much in the way of good food that I know of.

So I would agree that Cabbages and Condoms would be a good option. Also on Pratumnak the Royal Cliff would be nice, as would the Intercontinental.

Can't argue with any of that.

Cabbages & Condoms is in a great location, superb views, and I particularly like the ethos of the place (encouraging the use of condoms - providing alternatives to prostitution). I have dined there dozens of times and it's one of those places I always take visiting friends/family.

But, for somewhere a little bit more romantic to take the g/f I'd suggest The View or The Glass House at Na Jomtien, where you can actually sit at a table on the beach.

Go to the eatigo app.  The Sheraton has a great oceanview restaurant with some really good specials.  Food and service are very good.

Otherwise, like chickenlegs above says, go to The Glass House or Bacco Beach in NaJomtien.  Bacco has some great italian food and very good service.  Both have stunning settings.

The View has changed hands and is now View Talay.  We've not been there in some time.  A bit hit and miss, IMHO.

I'm not going to name the restaurant concerned here. Last week we ( four of us) fancied a meal along Jomtien Beach, in a restaurant we had been too several times, but not for a while.   Right opposite the restaurant was a pick-up truck, playing music with a heavy bass beat.  We decided to eat inside, rather than outside, although we had been looking forward to a nice outside meal. The music got louder, and the bass got heavier. We asked the staff if they could do something, and they said they would call the police. They didn't. When we left, I spoke with the guy taking care of customers outside, and told him that In wasn't happy, and that we would not be returning to the restaurant in the future. However, my wife (Thai) had been speaking with one of the staff inside, and was told that the restaurant had called the police on a previous occasion, and the police had moved the pick - up on.  After the police left the pick - up returned, and the occupants threatened the staff with a gun, telling them never to call the police again. They return most nights to continue playing loud music. 

So, the restaurant staff's story may, or may not be true, but in view of the fact that these pick-ups playing loud music continue to do so, without any apparent complaints, or action, from restaurants  or the police, possibly the story is true ?   If you intend to eat in one of the open restaurants along Jomtien Beach, I would suggest not choosing one that has a pick-up playing  loud music nearby (unless you like loud bass music with your meal, of course).

2 minutes ago, Tony M said:

I'm not going to name the restaurant concerned here. Last week we ( four of us) fancied a meal along Jomtien Beach, in a restaurant we had been too several times, but not for a while.   Right opposite the restaurant was a pick-up truck, playing music with a heavy bass beat.  We decided to eat inside, rather than outside, although we had been looking forward to a nice outside meal. The music got louder, and the bass got heavier. We asked the staff if they could do something, and they said they would call the police. They didn't. When we left, I spoke with the guy taking care of customers outside, and told him that In wasn't happy, and that we would not be returning to the restaurant in the future. However, my wife (Thai) had been speaking with one of the staff inside, and was told that the restaurant had called the police on a previous occasion, and the police had moved the pick - up on.  After the police left the pick - up returned, and the occupants threatened the staff with a gun, telling them never to call the police again. They return most nights to continue playing loud music. 

So, the restaurant staff's story may, or may not be true, but in view of the fact that these pick-ups playing loud music continue to do so, without any apparent complaints, or action, from restaurants  or the police, possibly the story is true ?   If you intend to eat in one of the open restaurants along Jomtien Beach, I would suggest not choosing one that has a pick-up playing  loud music nearby (unless you like loud bass music with your meal, of course).

When we first came here, we loved a restaurant near the end of Jomtien Beach Road, south end.  Sadly, they started running big tour buses up and down the road and disgorging dozens of tourists to eat in the area.  The buses would idle for some time letting passengers off, blocking the view and spewing diesel fumes.  We've not been back in years.

Head just a bit further south.  Near the Pinnacle are 5-6 good restaurants.  All prices, all styles.  Right on the beach.  Paradise.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

The Sheraton has a great oceanview restaurant with some really good specials

That's the Intercontinental I mentioned. It has rebranded or changed management or something. Both their outlets have good views.

I was completely unaware of it also for several months in spite of driving past several times a week!

12 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

That's the Intercontinental I mentioned. It has rebranded or changed management or something. Both their outlets have good views.

I was completely unaware of it also for several months in spite of driving past several times a week!

We use to go there for their wine tasting parties.  Great fun.  But yes, seems to have been rebranded! 

http://www.4hoteliers.com/news/story/15504

The pic shows the restaurant with the sea view.  Quite nice.  Especially with 30% discount at 12:00!

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Head just a bit further south.  Near the Pinnacle are 5-6 good restaurants.  All prices, all styles.  Right on the beach.  Paradise.

What is the best way to get to these - can you drive up to them all or how much walking is required if you are coming by car?

10 minutes ago, topt said:

What is the best way to get to these - can you drive up to them all or how much walking is required if you are coming by car?

You can drive to them all!  Just cruise around the various roads near the Pinnacle.  You'll see the big signs for Glass House and Bacco Beach.  I believe Bacco has a special with free prosecco with your meal.

Just north of the Pinnacle is a road that goes along the beach.  Drifters is fantastic for a pizza and a sundowner.  Sea Falcon is pretty good also.  There is also a restaurant just south of The Glass House that is right on the beach.  Lovely.  Good prices, but a bit hard to find.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

You can drive to them all!  Just cruise around the various roads near the Pinnacle.  You'll see the big signs for Glass House and Bacco Beach.  I believe Bacco has a special with free prosecco with your meal.

Just north of the Pinnacle is a road that goes along the beach.  Drifters is fantastic for a pizza and a sundowner.  Sea Falcon is pretty good also.  There is also a restaurant just south of The Glass House that is right on the beach. 

You dont even need to drive there to see them.

The Google Street View car has done the job:

https://goo.gl/maps/saP9zHiuC7p

https://goo.gl/maps/Aiipw9j1XWR2

On 8/7/2017 at 8:28 AM, Tony M said:

If you intend to eat in one of the open restaurants along Jomtien Beach, I would suggest not choosing one that has a pick-up playing  loud music nearby (unless you like loud bass music with your meal, of course).

Yes you should follow your own recommendation...

Dee Varee roof top - good lounge music, good food and view.

Cafe Le Mar (Near Cetus condo, najomtien) - good food and house wine.

Phu Pen seafood (Place with a crab statue) - seafood

Glass house- right on the beach, need to book the table

just tried Cabbages & Condoms, waited 5 min no service, full of Chinese loud and unpolite people, left without order to Ruffinos  Centara Pratamnak - the opposite expirence  , great service and location on roof top with breeze, seafood bbq and buffet (incl.e.g. imported oysters) 699 + 600 free flow wine(chile) and beer - great value!!!

8 hours ago, MrJ said:

just tried Cabbages & Condoms, waited 5 min no service, full of Chinese loud and unpolite people, left without order to Ruffinos  Centara Pratamnak - the opposite expirence  , great service and location on roof top with breeze, seafood bbq and buffet (incl.e.g. imported oysters) 699 + 600 free flow wine(chile) and beer - great value!!!

Sorry to hear of your recent visit to Cabbages and Condoms.

It never used to be like that, however the Chinese are having a growing influence over here, and not always for the better.

Lung Sawai 1 is the restaurant the further down the Jomtien road, in Na Jomtien. But there another Lung Sawai 2, in the fishing village just a bit further south. But you have to go all the way around to get to it.

I prefer the food in Lung Sawai 2. 

History; https://www.ceediz.com/en/travel/chonburi/pattaya/sp/r/lung-sawai-seafood-restaurant.16205/

Lung Sawai 1, followed by Lung Sawai 2;

SawaiSeafood-01.jpg

S6300540.JPG

S6300541.JPG

• 2 weeks later...