Police summon van owners for ferrying Yingluck supporters to court

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a "government" that gets repeatedly slammed for lack of advance planning on so many issues, they are showing they know how to do when it counts, to them. The smaller the crowd the better when the verdict gets passed down as far as they are concerned.

OMG or rather OM Buddha.  Guilt by association, because you drive a hired van. What a complete and utter load of cobblers.  If it wasn't potentially very serious for drivers, financially, you'd have to laugh. The pathetics that are running this country are getting more and more pathetic.

Just now, mikosan said:

OMG or rather OM Buddha.  Guilt by association, because you drive a hired van. What a complete and utter load of cobblers.  If it wasn't potentially very serious for drivers, financially, you'd have to laugh. The pathetics that are running this country are getting more and more pathetic.

The drivers where either driving within the terms/conditions of their licence/permit or they were not.

If not they must accept the consequences. 

Just now, Here2008 said:

The drivers where either driving within the terms/conditions of their licence/permit or they were not.

If not they must accept the consequences. 

Of course, a minor technicality, but do you seriously think that is the reason?  Whatever....

Just now, mikosan said:

Of course, a minor technicality, but do you seriously think that is the reason?  Whatever....

I think there are too many foreigners commenting about Thai politics -- Something they will never understand. 

3 minutes ago, mikosan said:

And you're not a foreigner?

I am a foreigner who has lived in Thailand for a long time and I challenge you to find any overtly 'political' comment I have made in relation to any colour of Thai government. 

Depressing state of affairs.  I bet the person who thought of this way to prevent buses from contibuting to  a public gathering like this in the future gets a big bonus.  

I sure hope regular Thai's get sick of this type of thing. 

A few more news stories of this type and my exploration to retire in Thailand will be dead. 

13 hours ago, Here2008 said:

Its is clear that "rent a mob" can still be hired in the NE for a few Bht and free transport ! 

So this is you being "politically neutral" is it?

I thought we furriners weren't supposed to comment on Thai politics since we can't possibly understand it.

8 hours ago, Here2008 said:

I think there are too many foreigners commenting about Thai politics -- Something they will never understand. 

So it's your opinion that Thai politics is something difficult to understand? Clearly for some this is the case, but if you observe long enough, speak the language, have a range of Thai friends, colleagues and acquaintances with whom one can discuss these things, it becomes much easier. I'd recommend you try it.

8 hours ago, Here2008 said:

I am a foreigner who has lived in Thailand for a long time and I challenge you to find any overtly 'political' comment I have made in relation to any colour of Thai government. 

You could be doing it all covertly, no?

13 hours ago, Here2008 said:

Its is clear that "rent a mob" can still be hired in the NE for a few Bht and free transport ! 

21 hours ago, Becker said:

After their fine work in getting "Boss" brought to justice the junta is keen to show that it's not only the old elite hi-so's who can expect swift justice but also anyone possibly connected with the reds.

The junta are again showing they're the best junta in a long time and that Thailand is swiftly and inexorably heading towards full reconciliation!

Isn't that the job of the police, office of attorney general?

Neither this or the previous government seem particularly bothered about it.

9 hours ago, DoctorG said:

petty

But that's exactly why you have vague laws, lots of rules, processes and procedures; and delegate lot's of discretion to officials immersed in the bureaucracy.

So you can be seriously petty - but only when it suits. 

And of cause that spurns an equally petty defense profession.

Used to think India had this off to a fine art, but they're not in Thailand's league!

18 hours ago, coulson said:

What permitted *use* and *route* comes with the purchase of an 11 person people carrier????

I suspect it may have something to do with the licence granted.

If it was granted to run on a certain route only and for no other reason then I can understand their convoluted reasoning. OTOH if the van was licensed as a private hire with no fixed routes then that would be different.

It is a bit like hiring a taxi in BKK. Normally they ply the streets of BKK but they can take to almost anywhere in the country and in most of them on the back of the front passenger seat there is a price list to various other destinations.

Having said that the government, (any government that is) can change the rules, should it wish to do so.

13 hours ago, mikosan said:

Of course it is a minor technicality, but almost every government (no matter what colour) thrives on little things like this, whilst missing the big picture.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Isn't that the job of the police, office of attorney general?

Neither this or the previous government seem particularly bothered about it.

It certainly is the job of the police and prosecutors but they take their orders from the junta and despite their assurances that they're in power to "fix" Thailand they are as unbothered by this as any previous government.