‘Missing link’ section between MRT stations resolved

webfact

‘Missing link’ section between MRT stations resolved 

By The Nation

d800feda00a299c8cee50b5cfc97e12f-atwb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The one-kilometre-long “missing link” section between the Purple Line’s Tao Poon Station and the Blue Line’s Bang Sue Station has been solved and the service will be operational on Friday.

MRT passengers will be able to transfer directly between the Blue Line and Purple Line at Tao Poon Station from noon on Friday.

Passengers who hold an MRT value card or an MRT Plus card can travel on the two lines with one ticket.

The existing shuttle buses used between the two stations will cease operation on Saturday.

The gap between the two stations resulted in fewer passengers using the service than expected.

In December, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha invoked his absolute power under Article 44 of the interim charter to resolve the issue.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323153

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-08

Yes I do wonder how planned this but now I am quite happy that it is functioning. I might even consider using it. Normally I took my big bike and drove to mochit and then took the BTS to where I wanted to go. I might now use the purple and blue line. Though I doubt it would beat the speed of my bike (plus I still need to have my bike parked at the end of the purple line). 

But for many people this will be a great thing to have. Can't thank the goverment enough for getting more of these lines all around Bangkok it was severely needed.