Good quality grilled chicken, where to eat it or take away? What is a good quality chicken ?

bberrythailand

Hello,

I am not expert but wonder where someone who likes to eat good food would buy a grilled chicken, or at which restaurant he would go ?

When I see chicken in Thailand they always look greasy and not healthy, so I guess that they all come from farms where they haven't seen a ray of sun since they are born until they are killed ?

Do naturally fed chicken exist in Thailand ? The kind that is not eating more medicine than grain ?

Please help me find the best quality chicken in Bangkok or Pattaya.

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyfez said:

I buy from the '5 star chicken' kiosks in some shopping centres and larger petrol stations.

I love the rolled chicken breast.

I think 5 Star is the best for size, taste and value. I always buy 1/2 a chicken for 64bht and the seller cuts it into 2 x 1/4, which is plenty for 2 good servings. The garlic & black pepper flavour is delicious IMHO.

Grilled Flattened Whole Chicken Breast on a Stick Outside Saphan Taksin BTS: 90 Baht

Very good.

Same deal restaurant next to Mall Thaphra: 90 baht...also great with other itens

Whole Roasted Chicken: Suttishan-Winichai road in front of 7-11: 120 baht

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Grilled chicken in Thailand is just as good as in the USA and a lot cheaper. I like that you can just buy the portion that you want.

Sorry but USA is not a reference about any kind of food ! ... oh sorry, yes, maybe about hamburgers :-)

I guess that in USA chicken never see the sun also, but it seems that you don't know :-)

• Like 1

You all come from USA right ? How can you even imagine that she shiitee that you call chicken and that is sold everywhere around Thailand is good ? I am not sure that my dogs would it eat...

So I understand that we are among good food experts here :-)

If somebody knows what is a real good chicken, please keep posting !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone who has eaten free-range chicken in France or elsewhere will know that the difference is like night and day compared to factory chicken. The price is a lot different also.

Exactly ! But it seems that these people are not the ones reading this thread...

2 hours ago, joebrown said:

I think 5 Star is the best for size, taste and value. I always buy 1/2 a chicken for 64bht and the seller cuts it into 2 x 1/4, which is plenty for 2 good servings. The garlic & black pepper flavour is delicious IMHO.

Bought it from several different 5 Star stalls; always very good.

On the whole I find the chicken here awful, stringy and watery or rubbery. The only time I ate good chicken here was free range when I stayed for a few days on a farm. I eat much more pork here as I find the quality much better than the chicken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tesco chicken is the pits. Injected with water and hormones. Cardboard. Villa is a bit better. Some of the chicken in the street stalls is excellent, but you need to find a favourite.

Vietnam has different grades of chicken. In some restaurants one can order black country chicken or top notch plump white chicken. As good as Ive had in French villages.

Eddy

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, elwood said:

Bought it from several different 5 Star stalls; always very good.

Isn't 5 star a CP subsidiary? I know the smoked breasts come right out of a CP bag. Cheaper to by them at the market. 

6 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

You all come from USA right ? How can you even imagine that she shiitee that you call chicken and that is sold everywhere around Thailand is good ? I am not sure that my dogs would it eat...

So I understand that we are among good food experts here :-)

If somebody knows what is a real good chicken, please keep posting !

Nandos, born in RSA but available in other countries now, excel. Always good quality.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Sorry but USA is not a reference about any kind of food ! ... oh sorry, yes, maybe about hamburgers :-)

I guess that in USA chicken never see the sun also, but it seems that you don't know :-)

Sounds like you don't know anything about the USA or food. There is all kinds of free range and organic meat, but it does not usually taste any better than some of the more commercial stuff - it is just more expensive and pretentious. :tongue:

Five Star is the place I used a lot in Thailand - very tasty and convenient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Look for the ""Thai chicken"" which will not have lost it's head and are usually free range although you will probably have to cook it yourself. Found at most food markets

That's the key.

Purchase local at local markets.

Not the "Western-style" supermarkets.

Most outsiders still don't get it.

• Like 1