New immigration form goes into effect in October

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pravit" signed the cancellation of the entry into or out of the Kingdom (tm 6) originally changed to a new format to fill. Reduce waiting time and reduce congestion of arrivals and departures. Effective from October 1, 60.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=th&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pptvhd36.com%2Fnews%2Fประเด็นร้อน%2F61933%3Futm_source%3Dline%26utm_medium%3Dlinetoday_original%26utm_campaign%3Dnews

tm6 opphør.png

Edited by Trollmann

Ministry of Interior to clarify the ministerial regulations did not cancel the 6 m just change the format to fill. Hope to reduce airport congestion in airports.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=th&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pptvhd36.com%2Fnews%2Fประเด็นร้อน%2F61933%3Futm_source%3Dline%26utm_medium%3Dlinetoday_original%26utm_campaign%3Dnews

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1032997

So no more yearly income and occupation field (and all the other nonsense that was on the backside on the old one)?

I don't think anyone ever checked that I was a left-handed bagpipe tuner earning £756892 a year....

The juvenile and insecure mentality of the Thai military government never fails to amaze.

PM Prayut has decided he will become indecisive and simply have the same form printed in a different format. 

What hope Thailand?

This is like the the change of the 2 baht coin to the same color (and practically same size) as the 1 baht coin. Some idiot thinks that this is a step in the right direction. Must be a Chula grad in charge, form over substance.

1 hour ago, Trollmann said:

I wonder why it is needed to write the birth date on both the enter and exit part. With 60 million forms every year, how many of the travellers change their day of birth before leaving the country?

More to the point, how many people even read this info?  There must be a veritable paper mountain of these things hanging around.

22 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The juvenile and insecure mentality of the Thai military government never fails to amaze.

PM Prayut has decided he will become indecisive and simply have the same form printed in a different format. 

What hope Thailand?

Such a sad life that you must have to gratuitously swipe at the government over such a simple matter.

1 hour ago, Trollmann said:

I would prefer a requirement of installing a 24/7 gps tracking app in my phone instead of filling out that form for the 100th time...

Careful, GPS also calculates altitude.  If they see you going up, down, up, down at a love hotel location, you might get raided!  :smile:

When I come on holiday! I do not give out my e mail or telephone number to anyone who asks for it, especially when they do not tell me what they want it for.!!!!

They will get an old freeserve address(that is no longer valid) and a telephone number of 10 random numbers.

On the old form just ticked any three income numbers each time (made it three just to confuse them).

In ten years, no one ever queried it.

Tell me why you want my e mail and telephone number and I might give you the information, dont tell my why, and you are getting nothing

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

Thailand's way of embracing the digital age: there's a space for email address (though probably not enough room to write it legibly).

Digital age pray tell what is that Mrs TAT will ask

Just tested the TAT website

154 Errors 22 Warnings on page one ref w3c

SEO 67/100 naff

says it all

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

So no more yearly income and occupation field (and all the other nonsense that was on the backside on the old one)?

none of that was compulsory anyway and only fed into the machines of TAT (separating quality tourists from piss-cutters...)

23 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

When I come on holiday! I do not give out my e mail or telephone number to anyone who asks for it, especially when they do not tell me what they want it for.!!!!

They will get an old freeserve address(that is no longer valid) and a telephone number of 10 random numbers.

On the old form just ticked any three income numbers each time (made it three just to confuse them).

In ten years, no one ever queried it.

Tell me why you want my e mail and telephone number and I might give you the information, dont tell my why, and you are getting nothing

Well did you miss the personal information form they were "requesting" and in some cases mandating people fill out?  Bank information, multi media frequent pages, etc?  Of course many people put down false information

2 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Really, was that stuff there? I never noticed.

Yes it was.  Now I don't mind them collecting some statistics.  They can be useful.  But in this modern age, I don't want any body to know what I make o what my profession is.  I am sure the databases are totally unsecure and the information can be easily read.  Just imagine some bad guys seeing that you make xxx hundred thousand dollars per year.  A possible target?

28 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Such a sad life that you must have to gratuitously swipe at the government over such a simple matter.

I enjoy a good swipe at a delinquent and incompetent government. It is not so much a simple matter when it causes so much grief to those who stand in the queues for hours on end,  You obviously live the cosy life where it does not affect you. Other neighbouring S.E Asian countries have done away with this type of form for years. Thailand is living in the dark ages when it come to immigration processing. 

15 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Yes it was.  Now I don't mind them collecting some statistics.  They can be useful.  But in this modern age, I don't want any body to know what I make o what my profession is.  I am sure the databases are totally unsecure and the information can be easily read.  Just imagine some bad guys seeing that you make xxx hundred thousand dollars per year.  A possible target?

I really mind, after 20 hours of travel my eyes are so sore i can hardly read or hold a pen! and its only for statistic purposes and it seems to have nothing to do with the immigration or security.

Edited by Trollmann

20 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I agree. I just maybe never turned the form over and I have used it dozens of times over 20 something years.

22 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

I do not go anymore to any ridiculous hotel where I am supposed to fill a stupid form.

Soon I won't visit countries where I have to fill a stupid form.

11 minutes ago, Trollmann said:

I really mind, after 20 hours of travel my eyes are so sore i can hardly read or hold a pen! and its only for statistic purposes and it seems to have nothing to do with the immigration or security.

Please understand. People makes a lot of money from printing these forms. There are gazillions of them produced and used.

The corruption chain has to continue so the printing profit filters back to those who ultimately decide the fate of the FORM.

Thus the form will continue so as to ensure the money flow to the top is ongoing. Not hard to figure.