Video: Pattaya cops in fitness drive to "improve efficiency"

webfact

Video: Pattaya cops in fitness drive to "improve efficiency"

6pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

Pattaya's station chief Apichai Krobpetch is taking a leaf out of the prime minister's book and encouraging his men to get fit.

Every Wednesday he is leading his valiant men in dance for fitness and stress reduction.

Yesterday they were doing the first of their routines along the lines of a Zumba workout, said Tnews who posted a video of the event.

Some of the hip gyrations were a tad interesting but there were plenty of smiles.

Though it is unlikely that twerking dancer Lamyai has anything more to worry about.

Apichai said: "Being fit is an important part of being a cop. It will help with the efficiency of the men under my command and raise the quality of their lives".

Should you wish to see the spectacle it will be a regular feature at 4.30pm each Wednesday in the car park out front of Pattaya police station on Beach Road.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has encouraged his civil servants to get fit with weekly sessions at government house.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-10

Pattaya cops are naturally evolved to be efficient, windmilling about will not improve on that, however, it will displace some air. Therefore: good job and three gyrations for k. Apichai.

On second thought, this might help save a cop's life when the next Lambo takes aim, one could nimbly swivel aside.

Edited by klauskunkel

1 hour ago, monspencer said:

So now the thieves know they will be safe to get on with their "work" at 4.30pm every Wednesday :ph34r:

Thieves are safe almost every day in Pattaya.  Look how many taxi drivers there are flouting the meter rules.

I remember going on a package tour holiday a good few years back to Spain. There was one particular family who spent their whole holiday finding fault with every single thing.....I mean everything.....they never had at any time a good word to say about anything. It transpired that the rest of the tour holiday makers avoided them like the plague......it was as if they had some sort of mental sickness.

Many of the posters on here when it comes to stories about the police remind me of that family.

I for one have read many stories on here where people owe their lves to the Thai police force.

Thailand needs to grow up and start doing things right

These knee jerk programs must be thought of in the middle of the night as a good idea and then implemented the next day with full approval by more uneducated people, with no sense of reality or consideration of stupidity

The problem is not their fitness.. its their lack of ethics and work habits...

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I remember going on a package tour holiday a good few years back to Spain. There was one particular family who spent their whole holiday finding fault with every single thing.....I mean everything.....they never had at any time a good word to say about anything. It transpired that the rest of the tour holiday makers avoided them like the plague......it was as if they had some sort of mental sickness.

Many of the posters on here when it comes to stories about the police remind me of that family.

I for one have read many stories on here where people owe their lves to the Thai police force.

In fairness to you man that is a good point .. whilst a lot of Plod here don't do much to enhance the R T P reputation there are some who will try and act like feds .. Sometimes it's also overlooked the language barrier they face with folk of many different tongues here especially when they have to deal with the p*ssed up .. 

Arobic dancing once a week - yeah, that'll really get them in shape!

I remember in the UK 20 years ago when the Chief Constable of West Mercia police was a fitness fanatic. They had an ex RAF PTI training them, excellent gym facilities, physical tests and all officers body mass index was checked regularly. Whereas in neighboring West Midlands police anything went - usually all round McDonald's! 

You'd imagine some sort of national standard for law enforcement personnel, but seemingly not. 

"Every Wednesday he is leading his valiant men in dance for fitness and stress reduction.

Some of the hip gyrations were a tad interesting but there were plenty of smiles."   (My italics)

Valiant AND  stressed? :whistling:

And hip gyrations (same same as twerking?) will earn an attitude adjustment holiday! Or, maybe better, a fully paid no work 'inactive post' :smile:

Get rid of all those in 'inactive' posts and you would have the funds to buy another submarine!