Traffic hell when terminal 21 opens ?

bert bloggs

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, the working professional Thais with money don't have lots of time during the week to shop or eat at the fancy places.  Many come to Pattaya on the weekends for holiday and spend money at the malls and restaurants.

Exactly.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, newnative said:

So right--amazing how it has changed in those years, and continues to change rapidly.  And, this despite all those many postings proclaiming the city has died or is dying. 

The much better version of Pattaya-Jomtien that existed in the recent past has been destroyed! Compared to what it was 15-20 years ago, the current version of Pattaya-Jomtien is like a toilet bowl with crap floating around.  Pattaya-Jomtien is like a terminally ill patient with cancer cells that are rapidly growing.  It is a shame that the vast majority of people are unable to understand that growth is not always a good thing.  Instead, they think just like cancer cells:  all growth is good, all growth is good, all growth is good.  And, eventually, that type of thinking kills the host.

Well this, Ladies and Gentlemen, explains, what the city administration wants to do away with the round-about at the dolphin square and install traffic lights instead. Rest assured, the traffic jam will be absolutely ferocious. 

Well this, Ladies and Gentlemen, explains, what the city administration wants to do away with the round-about at the dolphin square and install traffic lights instead. Rest assured, the traffic jam will be absolutely ferocious. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Awohalitsiktoli said:

The much better version of Pattaya-Jomtien that existed in the recent past has been destroyed! Compared to what it was 15-20 years ago, the current version of Pattaya-Jomtien is like a toilet bowl with crap floating around.  Pattaya-Jomtien is like a terminally ill patient with cancer cells that are rapidly growing.  It is a shame that the vast majority of people are unable to understand that growth is not always a good thing.  Instead, they think just like cancer cells:  all growth is good, all growth is good, all growth is good.  And, eventually, that type of thinking kills the host.

Different strokes for different folks.  The nice thing about Greater Pattaya is there are a number of quieter outer areas to live if Pattaya, itself,  has grown too big for your tastes. But, you're still close enough to take advantage now and then of what a bigger city has to offer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johng said:

I would suggest that there are many more "shoppers"
(ok aircon bathers and window shoppers) than there are hotel guests so the majority should get priority.... ?
also they could have designed a separate entrance/exit linked directly and exclusively to the hotel parking levels.
Originally it was planed to have 2 hotel towers maybe in the redesign the parking lot situation got overlooked.

The majority of paying customers (not window shoppers of those seeking free air conditioning (who actually cost the business money)) will get priority. In this case it may well be the hotel guests. There won't be too many free of charge hotel rooms.

The majority of paying customers (not window shoppers of those seeking free air conditioning (who actually cost the business money)) will get priority. In this case it may well be the hotel guests. There won't be too many free of charge hotel rooms.

Even the "window shoppers" buy something...most probably food and drink....I hear that the hotel room rates start at 5000 baht per night ,it would be interesting to know the occupancy rate of such a 5 * hotel in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

You only have to look at the number plates on the cars at weekends , masses of  Bangkokians with Bangkok plates ,then there are the Rayongians  and the Satahipians etc etc .

True, Bangkokians have Krungthep number plates and Rayongians have Rayong number plates but Sattahipians have Chonburi provincial number plates... same as Pattayans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ICUJUKKA said:

After living in central BKK for 28 years and now in Pattaya for last 6 years,traffic here in Pattaya is piece of cake.
Short distances compares to BKK so normally max 30 mins is all what U need to move from A to B here in Pattaya by car and by motorcycle even less.
All the cities have traffic jams and if U don't like city life, U have option to move and live in the countryside with buffaloes.
I like city life and sometimes part of that is traffic jamsemoji4.pngemoji4.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Seems like half the population is bleating about global warming and the other half are sitting in traffic jams causing it.

If anyone does believe in global warming they shouldn't be using a car when public transport is available.

It's time, IMO to ban all private cars in cities and force people to use public transport.

Life will be better for everyone.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA.  Maybe I will find the love of my life there.  Who knows??

Anyway, after it opens i'll be happy to buy you a coffee there.

If it's like the Bkk one it will be full of totty. However, as they will probably actually have money, and be worth a million + baht sin sod I doubt they will interested in the average Pattaya farang.:smile:

• Haha 1

If it's like the Bkk one it will be full of totty. I doubt they will interested in the average Pattaya farang.:smile:

Yes but we can still gawk at them while pretending not to.
Once in Central festival a very attractive young lady looked at me and said "ohhh handsome man"
It made my day....lucky my wife didnt see :P
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2017 at 3:40 PM, impulse said:

Gotta say, I don't know anybody that leaves BKK on weekends to go shopping, or to find yet another franchise restaurant or food court like we have in dozens of malls on the MRT and BTS.  When I go to Jomtien for the weekend, about the only stores I visit are the TESCO or BigC to stock up the hotel fridge, or 7-11 because I forgot to pack something.

It's a common mistake to assume that the bulk of weekenders are from Bangkok. Most come from the other side of Sukhumvit, near where they work in the big industrial estates and are probably 35-40 minutes from the beach. Yes, a lot of vehicles have Bangkok plates but that's got nothing to do with where they live. National holidays do bring down the genuine Bangkokian... whatever that is.

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nakula will be the worst of all.  Last I checked that is a one lane road going toward the T21.  It backs up no just wait it will be a back up the likes never seen.   Those who are there good luck, would be best to invest in a motorbike if they want to go any place. 

Naklua Road isn't a main road to anywhere so T21 visitors won't be coming/going up and down Naklua Road. Yes it is already congested but that's solely from local traffic (and big buses). However, it is a wide road and maybe the penny will drop and they will repaint some lane lines that actually enables 2-lanes each way. Right now there's stuff (badly) parked kerb-side and then a single line of traffic in a lane that is easily wide enough for 2 cars side-by-side.

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

To many seaside malls in pats terminal 21 should have been built in Jomtien big mistake.

They are all waiting for Foodland to go first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

You can say that again...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's like the Bkk one it will be full of totty. However, as they will probably actually have money, and be worth a million + baht sin sod I doubt they will interested in the average Pattaya farang.:smile:

Speak for yourself, sunshine.?

Edited by champers

Clearly an overkill of seaside malls in Pattaya.Becomes hilarious if again the next one is built in Pats instead of Jomtien.If ever they built a seaside mall in Jomtien then it will become empty in Pats because no more reasons for Jomtien tourists  going to Pattaya.

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Nah

Think you underestimate the power of Sex for sale

Pattaya is changing fast, there will always be sex for sale your right, but not right in your face at 4pm in the afternoon on a main link road from the beach to one of the biggest investments that Pattaya has seen in years, if not ever

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Clearly an overkill of seaside malls in Pattaya.Becomes hilarious if again the next one is built in Pats instead of Jomtien.If ever they built a seaside mall in Jomtien then it will become empty in Pats because no more reasons for Jomtien tourists  going to Pattaya.

Well, strap yourself in to your breakfast nook.  Asiatique Prime, which seems to have been delayed for the moment, is also slated for Pattaya on land Chang Beer owns.

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Beyond the fact that the vast majority of the local shoppers at Pattaya's 'seaside malls' are not tourists, doesn't Jomtien need tourists first?

Edited by NanLaew

17 hours ago, Encid said:

True, Bangkokians have Krungthep number plates and Rayongians have Rayong number plates but Sattahipians have Chonburi provincial number plates... same as Pattayans.

Sir ,i bow to your greater knowledge , but dont forget the holiday makers like the Roietians and the Phitsanolokians .:smile: