Sky news blacked out

Griffo63

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

started last evening.  Thought maybe it was the Junta trying to cut out outside media but can not get it through a UK VPN either so seems to be a Sky issue perhaps ?

I use 2 IPTV streams no problem with sky news or any news channels

Edited by jeab1980

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well the issue is one where we are getting the internet feed from Sky news.com/live

Yes we get ours live so not to sure what you mean. You log into sky itself and stream is that what your saying

No problem with Sky News on TMN in Patts, having awful trouble trying to get BBC Radio 2 on my LG TV, if any one else has one can you try for me and report back ?

It's never been a problem before, thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread.

It is blocked on YouTube. I've written to them asking why (no commercial clashes, surely?) but have had no response during the 24 hours since. A friend in Dubai has the same problem so yes, as others have said, it's geo-blocked. Of course, I can still watch it courtesy of Nord, so really, what is their point in blocking it.

18 hours ago, rbkk said:

Sky News Live on Youtube and on their website does now appear to be 'geo-blocked.' This free handy extension for Chrome fixes the annoying problem. Hola (set to UK...) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unlimited-free-vpn-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

I did a bit of research yesterday on free VPNs, and all the ones I looked at limit the speed and amount of data allowed. I decided to pay for Nord on the laptop I use for tv. I've used Avast on my regular laptop for over a year but i'm getting tired of their endless prompts to upgrade the antivirus software I also have with them so will drop them when my subscription runs out.

I noticed that Sky News is not working from their own channel, so I used IPTV and it didn't work either. All the other British tv stations worked.
Arrived in my office and tried the same IPTV today and Sky News worked fine.

Can it be True blocking it?

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not when it's also blocked in Dubai. Sky News don't want you to see the programme they produce, which is strange.

Im watching Sky news right now on Youbtube with free VPN.