Midweek rant: The Right to Rant – it’s not bashing Thailand to criticize

webfact

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

hahahahha.....if you show him that his work is unsafe and wrong....he would lose his face. Reaction is the same. He would never work for you again. Or....following your statement you can sponsor him to study and offer high salary. Later.

(An Australian friend started to build his "palace" recently in Chaipra...He's an engineer. And told his workers every day what and HOW to do. At the end he got already his fourth gang trying to finish his house) What would have been your advice in his case???

Don't build a house there as you will never own it, so P>>>>> your money out the window

15 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Don't build a house there as you will never own it, so P>>>>> your money out the window

there???? what do you mean? In Thailand? Well if he does in Australia and married there it's all the same. The house doesn't belong to him (alone). Same in Thailand.

37 minutes ago, David Walden said:

What a lot of rubbish all the Thailand beer is excellent. I've tried it all (in moderation) 

I have reported this post to the Belgian immigration authorities.

They have reserved a room for you in the attitude adjustment camp in Rochefort.

Meanwhile, it is now saturday afternoon, and the weekend rant has still not started properly yet.

I wish posters would take ranting more seriously.

Standards are slipping.

Everywhere.

I blame the younger generation for that.

They never had a war. Not a proper worldwide war.

They are spoiled.

And the weather was better too before, with real winters and real summers.

And the ranting.... don't get me started on that one.

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

After being advised earlier in this topic that I am one of those types that "never really fit in here", I am still trying to determine "fit into what?"

Well gives you something to think about eh....:smile:

Well I don't know that I even want to fit in (even though on an earlier post I said that I fit in just fine to the person who said that I would never really fit in) but while some seem to think that they are and pride themselves on being renown in their area, some would prefer just to remain un-renown an least in their immediate Thai environs.

4 hours ago, JLCrab said:

After being advised earlier in this topic that I am one of those types that "never really fit in here", I am still trying to determine "fit into what?"

Wouldn't be too put out, as such suggested accusations might be round-about beneficial.

Not fitting in, by way of banal homogeny,  is certainly not what it's cracked-up to be.

On 8/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, oldhippy said:

I have reported this post to the Belgian immigration authorities.

They have reserved a room for you in the attitude adjustment camp in Rochefort.

I'm from Australia...where is that tiny little place is it somewhere near the North Sea???

On 8/18/2017 at 3:44 PM, Justgrazing said:

Eh .! Give up bargirls .! And pray tell me Sir who then would be on hand to offer succour to the poor unfortunate daughter's of farmers who like ants to the sugar bowl have made the pilgramage here .. Are you not aware of the constant bad luck that afflicts these people .?  The tales of devasting woe like sick water buffalo , distant sisters suffering multiple motorcycle accidents with no way of funding medi' expenses , Mamma's getting banged up in the local monkey house for little more than gambling debts .. What will become of them if we no longer heeded their heartfelt cries of  " welcum hansum man " and " take care you longtime  " And how else could they buy Land for the future without the regular Western Union payments made by concerned farang " boyfriends " because make no mistake Sir those Thai fellows are unlikely to take it up themselves to fill the gap of " helping " these poor wretched souls .. And should you're advice be followed what then is there to do in this world class resort eh .? apart from sit in Traffic trying to get to toxic beaches strewn with turds and dodging 000's of Chinese squatting the gob splattered sidewalks on masse .. 

I sure do think you have read Dale Carnegie's book  "How to win friends and influence people"

2 hours ago, David Walden said:

I'm from Australia...where is that tiny little place is it somewhere near the North Sea???

VISIT BELGIUM.....

its beer

its chocolate

its EU headquarters

its blood diamonds

its lack of patriotim and nationalism

its 6 overlapping governments

its jihadists - the deadliest in the world (easy of course, with zillions of Moroccon immigrants)

53 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

VISIT BELGIUM.....

its beer

its chocolate

its EU headquarters

its blood diamonds

its jihadists - the deadliest in the world (easy of course, with zillions of Moroccon immigrants)

I did visit Brussels around 1969 when playing in an amateur international football tournament and from what I saw of the place, it was very nice indeed and you are quite right about the beer, because I thought it was good!

We won the tournament against teams from Belgium, France and Germany and were presented with the trophy in what I think was the "Mayor of Brussels Palace" or something like it.

No terrorist  threats in those days and the people were very nice and friendly.......... now though?

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

VISIT BELGIUM.....

its beer

its chocolate

its EU headquarters

its blood diamonds

Indeed not to mention Herge's adventures of Tin Tin .. The longest tramline in Europe and having the same flag colours as those Germans but arranged in a different way ( though the yellow's not quite the same ) and being the venue for Eng v Ger' twice .! 

7 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Indeed not to mention Herge's adventures of Tin Tin .. The longest tramline in Europe and having the same flag colours as those Germans but arranged in a different way ( though the yellow's not quite the same ) and being the venue for Eng v Ger' twice .! 

Well you may have the longest tram line in Europe but we in Australia have the longest stretch of train line in the world without a bend 300 miles... so see if you can beat that?

14 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Well you may have the longest tram line in Europe but we in Australia have the longest stretch of train line in the world without a bend 300 miles... so see if you can beat that?

Belgium has a bit of history and dare I say culture .. :ph34r:

49 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Belgium is not 300 miles in diameter.....

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and being the venue for Eng v Ger' twice .!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

....and France against Rest of the World (in Waterloo), Spain vs Holland, Italy vs Gauls and in our own competition: Flemish against Walloons.

Currently Morocco vs civilisation. :sorry:

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and being the venue for Eng v Ger' twice .!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

....and France against Rest of the World (in Waterloo), Spain vs Holland, Italy vs Gauls and in our own competition: Flemish against Walloons.

Currently Morocco vs civilisation. :sorry:

Indeed .. Easy to understand why they have had enough of that war business though I understand Belgium footie supporters will always try and get a few in against their German counterparts whenever the opportunity present itself .. Back to Thailand before we're moderated the other thing that gets me revved up here is giving my bird a 1000 bt to go 7/11 for 200bt's worth of goods and she comes back 3hrs later with new big hair , no change and hardly anything you'de asked her to get .. and then gets all stroppy because you've had a go .. Is that a cultural thing here you can moan about or is it just straight forward berating of thai's which you can't .? :glare: