Red-shirt leader questions Army explanation as soldiers mobilise in Lamphun

snoop1130

5 hours ago, smedly said:

well unlike some posters that spread farcical garbage on these political topics - I call it as I see it

So your the smartest guy in the room and anyone who disagrees with you is spewing garbage?  Got it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

How anyone can defend these <deleted> is beyond me, intimidating people who have the audacity to support Prime Minister who was deposed by the military, that's ok, is it?

No, their violently intimidatory behaviour, when their puppet master's lords and ladies of misrule reigned, is why I despise them. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No, their violently intimidatory behaviour, when their puppet master's lords and ladies of misrule reigned, is why I despise them. 

What can be more violent than shooting your own people with live rounds and that's only in 2010 besides shooting of students in 1976 and 1992.

8 hours ago, candide said:

Frankly, this post is quite farcical. You whine about UDD leaders not being elected (it can be discussed but UDD is not even a party), but you never whine about the current government not being elected and not being accountable of anything as they granted themself the ultimate amnesty. Then you whine about their assets not being scrutinised but you never whine about the current PM warning anyone not to investigate about the sources of its wealth. Pathetic, indeed.

But, but, but, ...................................... but this post is about comments made by a Red Shirt "Leader" not about the current government.

His comments are valid. Thida is an ex-communist, well might still be one as far as anyone knows. She, and her husband are both Red Shirt "Leaders" but no one knows how they or any other of the "leaders" were appointed - certainly not by any election. The UDD, how quaint that they don't elect their own leaders with a name like that, are not a political party and no one knows how they're funded or controlled.

But of course, it's easier to avoid those sort of discussions with the usual PTP style divert, discuss something else, and but, but, but approach.

If you want to discuss the current government start a new thread. Or perhaps care to comment on this topic?

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

What can be more violent than shooting your own people with live rounds and that's only in 2010 besides shooting of students in 1976 and 1992.

Or blowing up innocent children, killing people standing in the back of their own pick up truck, lobbing bombs at BTS stations...

12 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

How anyone can defend these <deleted> is beyond me, intimidating people who have the audacity to support Prime Minister who was deposed by the military, that's ok, is it?

Yingluck wasn't deposed by the military. 

29 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Reality as told to you by the oppositions owned media?  Hillarious!

Do you prefer the the Shin version of reality perhaps? All totally innocent, never done anything wrong, never ever in their whole lives?

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

All violence of the sort you mention are contemptable. 

Can you condemn both sides exercise of it? 

I can. 

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yingluck wasn't deposed by the military. 

Her Government was deposed by a military coup if you want to split hairs, the other bloke lasted for about 2 weeks, so it was staged set up between the Yellow shirts and the Miltary to look like the Miltary were keeping the peace when in fact they were taking over,

Edited by Dave67

15 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

"Some red-shirt supporters have already been asked by soldiers to sign forms saying that they would definitely not show up at the court to support Yingluck on her judgement day, she said."

Is this in any way legally binding and if yes which are the corresponding laws? 

I believe that any gathering of five people or more for political purposes has been banned since the military replaced the elected government.

I know little about Thai politics, but I have been trying to learn. My Thai friends are afraid to discuss the events which does not seem a halmark of democracy. 

As I understand it Thaksin was a democratically elected leader but was overthrown by the yellows under the false pretenses of defending the monarchy. As I understand the yellows are actually defenders of their wealth and status, nothing else. 

This is just a part of what I see as the owners of the world fighting to create a 2 caste system where it does not already exist. Owners and slaves. This has been argued in the US as people notice the middle class has been eliminated and the massive wealth disparity is used to divide and conquer. 

27 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I know little about Thai politics, but I have been trying to learn. My Thai friends are afraid to discuss the events which does not seem a halmark of democracy. 

As I understand it Thaksin was a democratically elected leader but was overthrown by the yellows under the false pretenses of defending the monarchy. As I understand the yellows are actually defenders of their wealth and status, nothing else. 

This is just a part of what I see as the owners of the world fighting to create a 2 caste system where it does not already exist. Owners and slaves. This has been argued in the US as people notice the middle class has been eliminated and the massive wealth disparity is used to divide and conquer. 

No shit Sherlock

1 hour ago, Dave67 said:

I thought she dissolved parliament and called a snap-election on 9th December 2013, and thus became caretaker-PM ?

The election was mis-managed, and also disrupted by Suthep's people, she continued as caretaker-PM.

She, and several of her ministers, were then ordered to step down by the Constitutional-Court on 7th May 2014, after she was found guilty on unrelated-charges of abuse-of-power, but was replaced as caretaker-PM by Minister of Commerce Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan. 

The caretaker-PTP government remained in-power, but the situation continued to deteriorate, in particular street protests continued.

The army declared martial law on 20th May, and made one last attempt to get the politicians and protesters (PDRC & Red-Shirts) to negotiate a peaceful solution, this failed so the general then formally launched the coup on the evening of 22nd May 2014.

Perhaps calling Yingluck a  "Prime Minister who was deposed by the military"  is therefore a slight over-simplification of events ? :wink:

But this is all wandering rather far away from Thida's views on events in Lamphun.

Just now, Ricardo said:

I thought she dissolved parliament and called a snap-election on 9th December 2013, and thus became caretaker-PM ?

The election was mis-managed, and also disrupted by Suthep's people, she continued as caretaker-PM.

She, and several of her ministers, were then ordered to step down by the Constitutional-Court on 7th May 2014, after she was found guilty on unrelated-charges of abuse-of-power, but was replaced as caretaker-PM by Minister of Commerce Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan. 

The caretaker-PTP government remained in-power, but the situation continued to deteriorate, in particular street protests continued.

The army declared martial law on 20th May, and made one last attempt to get the politicians and protesters (PDRC & Red-Shirts) to negotiate a peaceful solution, this failed so the general then formally launched the coup on the evening of 22nd May 2014.

Perhaps calling Yingluck a  "Prime Minister who was deposed by the military"  is therefore a slight over-simplification of events ? :wink:

But this is all wandering rather far away from Thida's views on events in Lamphun.

Yes I posted a similar post to someone who said SHE was not deposed her government was deposed though it's all the same thing to me

10 hours ago, candide said:

Frankly, this post is quite farcical. You whine about UDD leaders not being elected (it can be discussed but UDD is not even a party), but you never whine about the current government not being elected and not being accountable of anything as they granted themself the ultimate amnesty. Then you whine about their assets not being scrutinised but you never whine about the current PM warning anyone not to investigate about the sources of its wealth. Pathetic, indeed.

You're right that the UDD are not a political party, they are a pack of mercenary propagandists and agitators paid to put the Shinawatra view and cause unrest, while claiming to be the leaders of a political movement, also Shinawatraa funded, without any real claim to leadership other than being appointed by the man who pays the bills.

As such, why should anybody CARE what views Thida has been ordered to express? Neither as a private citizen, or as a paid propagandist, does she much influence on where when or how the RTA decides to hold an exercise.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

But, but, but, ...................................... but this post is about comments made by a Red Shirt "Leader" not about the current government.

His comments are valid. Thida is an ex-communist, well might still be one as far as anyone knows. She, and her husband are both Red Shirt "Leaders" but no one knows how they or any other of the "leaders" were appointed - certainly not by any election. The UDD, how quaint that they don't elect their own leaders with a name like that, are not a political party and no one knows how they're funded or controlled.

But of course, it's easier to avoid those sort of discussions with the usual PTP style divert, discuss something else, and but, but, but approach.

If you want to discuss the current government start a new thread. Or perhaps care to comment on this topic?

41 minutes ago, halloween said:

You're right that the UDD are not a political party, they are a pack of mercenary propagandists and agitators paid to put the Shinawatra view and cause unrest, while claiming to be the leaders of a political movement, also Shinawatraa funded, without any real claim to leadership other than being appointed by the man who pays the bills.

As such, why should anybody CARE what views Thida has been ordered to express? Neither as a private citizen, or as a paid propagandist, does she much influence on where when or how the RTA decides to hold an exercise.

My point is not to defend the current organisation of the UDD and the way leaders are chosen.

For me there is a strong difference of importance between the way a movement leader is (or not) chosen and the way a government is (or not) chosen.

Therefore I find it funny that some people - who continuously explain us that elections are after all not so important, and seldom/never complain about having an unelected government- suddenly become heralds of the principle of elections when it is about a political movement that is not even a party.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

My point is not to defend the current organisation of the UDD and the way leaders are chosen.

For me there is a strong difference of importance between the way a movement leader is (or not) chosen and the way a government is (or not) chosen.

Therefore I find it funny that some people - who continuously explain us that elections are after all not so important, and seldom/never complain about having an unelected government- suddenly become heralds of the principle of elections when it is about a political movement that is not even a party.

............and others, who continually carp about the joys of democracy, accept the UDD as a genuine political movement when all indications are that it is nothing of the sort.

12 hours ago, candide said:

Indeed...and why can't she speak out? Does Smedly wish to deny her free speech? Right, if so where know where Smedly is coming from. I don't get involved in Thai political parties but in my view they all have the right to voice their opinion!

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Or blowing up innocent children, killing people standing in the back of their own pick up truck, lobbing bombs at BTS stations...

But that's different, especially when you support them. 

3 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Guess we can accept that your comment "I know little about Thai politics" has been given in good faith after a considered review of your knowledge, or lack thereof. 

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope. 

They are full of cadres of violent thugs whose main function is to threaten and intimidate. 

Says an entirely owned press, you do realise that you have only listened to someone else telling you what happened and have not actually been doing any primary research into who the thugs were, dont you?

11 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you prefer the the Shin version of reality perhaps? All totally innocent, never done anything wrong, never ever in their whole lives?

I certainly preferred their version, which was condemning all violence and distancing themeselves from those groups who were committing violence in their support, rather than the opposition who never condemned anything committed on their behalf and saw fit to pardon their murderous gunmen, who wouldn't?

10 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Says an entirely owned press, you do realise that you have only listened to someone else telling you what happened and have not actually been doing any primary research into who the thugs were, dont you?

Been here 15 years. 

Seen the UDD in action. 

I know exactly what they are. 

They are street thug, bully boy stormtroopers.

Intolerance is their core philosophy and intimidation is their speciality. 

Edited by Bluespunk