Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes

webfact

22 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Absolutely! Then immediately get everybody into a huddle, layout a cohesive plan, pat the guy on the back, and support him to do better.

Without the support of his team, a quarterback is worthless and won't be around long. It's a TEAM sport after all. Just like politics.

Difficult when the quarterback gives constant signals of being somewhat off his head on the field of play.

Edited by SheungWan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Care to explain why the same electorate that elected President Trump would be against fellow Republicans for voting with him and helping his agenda that they (the electorate) voted for? Honestly, sometimes I think you post gibberish just because it's me you're quoting.

You mean the agenda he lied about? And the one a majority of Americans didn't vote for?

Didn't he say he was going to be too busy to play golf? And not take holidays? What a whopper those promises were. You are aware of this,  right?

12 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You mean the agenda he lied about? And the one a majority of Americans didn't vote for?

Didn't he say he was going to be too busy to play golf? And not take holidays? What a whopper those promises were. You are aware of this,  right?

Oh no!

An American president lied........... no precedent for that then....

52 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Exclusive: Secret Service out of money to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

"WASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer afford to pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast."

"Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year."

"Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/21/exclusive-secret-service-out-of-money-to-pay-agents-because-of-trumps-frequent-travel-large-family.html

:whistling:

Not only LYING, but bankrupting the Secret Service in the process.

More proof of an out of control White House.

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Oh no!

An American president lied........... no precedent for that then....

As usual, whetner it comes to climate change or questions of honesty,  right wingers just don't seem to be able to master the concept of "rate" or "frequency". Another case of mathematical illiteracy.

4 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Care to explain why the same electorate that elected President Trump would be against fellow Republicans for voting with him and helping his agenda that they (the electorate) voted for? Honestly, sometimes I think you post gibberish just because it's me you're quoting.

because they voted for the anger not the programs. As one astute person remarked, Trump's voters took him seriously but not literally.

4 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So,,,just to be clear, anything I say can't be true because it isn't what YOU think. That about it? Now, don't WE sound just like congress and the senate? :tongue:

No, it's not personal. Anyone who said the transparently silly things you say would meet with the same criticism.

On 8/18/2017 at 2:07 PM, Briggsy said:

But when? We have been hearing this for quite some time. Could be a long while yet.

Any politician who puts party above country should be run out of office. They should be repeatedly shamed publicly. I hope history remember 45's Republi-clans. 

8 hours ago, iReason said:

"Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas."

Must Secret Service protect Eric and Tiffany? Does anyone even care about them anyway? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money.

21 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Must Secret Service protect Eric and Tiffany? Does anyone even care about them anyway? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money.

Trump is a waste of taxpayer money. Don't forget he is making money from the secret service to stay in his buildings or golf courses!

He is not draining the swamp, he is using his position as POTUS to fill his pockets!!!

And the trumpeteers keep defending this clown!!

On 8/19/2017 at 0:15 AM, TMNH said:

And that Florida property which Trump sold to a Russian oligarch for a 50 million dollar profit above the appraised figure? I assure you that Mueller and his team have that transaction and many other Trump 'affiliates"' shady dealings in his scope. Only question now is who will flip first to save their butt. If -as you suggest Trump was so successful, then "why" is it that US banks would not lend to him (and his son-in-law) and had to seek foreign (i.e. Russia / China) lending sources?.Answer? Bankruptcy manipulations and dead-beat status. Please do your research.

blah, blah, blah... you're once again making connections and assertions that are only cheered on by those who have already reached a conclusion based on irrational dislike of an extremely successful man who has created a life of chronic achievement... keep going, the resistance loves you for it.

blah, blah, blah... you're once again making connections and assertions that are only cheered on by those who have already reached a conclusion based on irrational dislike of an extremely successful man who has created a life of chronic achievement... keep going, the resistance loves you for it.
Irrational dislike? Funny!

Chronic achievement? I suppose you call a person with multiple bankruptcies (incl. a $20,000,000 Trump University judgement against him), and stiffing subcontractors to be a role model of a person the only question is 'when"' you and other staunch Trump supporters will walk away with your tail between your legs. The wall is closing in and I do hope you are man enough to admit you were wrong. 10 hours of Steele (the dossier) testimony yesterday and his lawyer wants it published for the public. McConnell coming out to say that Trump called him and demanded his help re; the Russia investigation.Tick...tick...tick.

54 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Did you ever consider the eventuality of Trump  fooling his base?  because ir's the easiest thing he can achieve, deliver speeches that boost your hate an anger and of course praise himself, think of all the benefits he and the Trump organization already get from his presidency not related to him as POTUS delivereing his campaign platform's promises

Edited by Opl

43 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

blah, blah, blah... you're once again making connections and assertions that are only cheered on by those who have already reached a conclusion based on irrational dislike of an extremely successful man who has created a life of chronic achievement... 

An extremely reprehensible man who has been successful at creating a life based on chronic lying and cheating.

There.

Fixed that for you.

:coffee1:

And with many more liabilities to be revealed. Stand by.

The wheels of justice are turning.

:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Opl said:

Did you ever considered the eventuality of Trump  fooling his base?  because ir's the easiest thing he can achieve, deliver speeches that boost your hante an anger and of course praise himself, think of all the benefits he and the Trump organization already get from his presidency not related to him as POTUS delivereing his camppaign platform's promises

where I come from...EARTH... that's a very remote possibility .

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

An extremely reprehensible man who has been successful at creating a life based on chronic lying and cheating.

There.

Fixed that for you.

:coffee1:

And with many more liabilities to be revealed. Stand by.

The wheels of justice are turning.

:thumbsup:

Hold your breath waiting, please.

11 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Mueller and his team are pros. They'll make up their minds when they have all the facts. These connections are real and only dismissed by a minority. Hardly irrational. Fact, as confirmed by the Junior, is they got massive amounts of money from Russians, many with seriously dodgy connections.

Easy to research if you want to.

Agitated Trump lashes out at McConnell, Ryan, Obama, Clapper, media

"Trump goes on a Twitter attack Thursday, just days after telling a Phoenix crowd, ‘I don’t do Twitter-storms.’"

"President Donald Trump ditched his recent — if brief — talk of unity on Thursday, instead accusing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan of provoking a "mess" over the debt ceiling, while also lashing out at the news media and former intelligence official James Clapper."

"For days, Trump has bounced wildly between scripted messages calling for unity in the wake of Charlottesville and enthusiastic attacks on his opponents and fellow Republicans alike, underscoring how difficult a packed legislative calendar could prove in September for a president yet to achieve any substantial legislative wins while rapidly alienating his own party leadership."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/24/trump-twitter-storm-attacks-241983

"I don’t do Twitter-storms."

The guy is seriously delusional.

Or, simply maintaining his track record of continual lying to his flock...

TRUMP IS JUST SIX SENATE VOTES AWAY FROM IMPEACHMENT

"At some point in 2019 (if not sooner) a Republican Senator may walk into the Oval Office and say to President Trump:

“Mr. President, we don’t have the votes,” at which point the Trump presidency will end in a resignation or a conviction in the Senate."

"Following impeachment in the House, a trial takes place in the Senate. Conviction requires two-thirds of the Senate and by my count there are already twelve senators who have shown a willingness to take on the president when they believe he is in the wrong."

"If you add that to the forty-eight Democrats in the Senate (who have shown no inclination to work with this President),

Donald Trump could be six votes away from conviction in the Senate."

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-just-six-senate-votes-away-impeachment-651857

Let's get it moving folks. :thumbsup:

Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes

Apart from the obsequious sycophants around him now and those with crap all over their noses and 3 children terrified they will be cut out of Daddy's empire unless they say and do exactly as he wants, Trump is friendless already. As for his supporters, never a truer word was spoken by Clinton - deplorables! The truth is, just as we saw the REAL Trump in Arizona the other night, we are actually witnessing the real USA. 300 Million people incapable of removing a dangerous sociopathic liar from office................Sad!

On 8/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, Thaidream said:

It's not really about friends- it's about building alliances  with certain groups who have similar interests.  If the House would vote to impeach Trump- I am convinced the Senate will convict him. The Senate Republicans are starting to realize that Trump is not only a political liability but a real danger to the Nation. At some point- even the Republicans will start to put country above party.  Vice President Pence will serve out Trump's term without issue.

I have no confidence 45's (R) will put party above country. They don't care a/b America. They care about power/control/wealth ONLY. Oh forgot and White Supremacy. 

On 8/18/2017 at 6:03 PM, ilostmypassword said:

I think Krugman sums it up nicely why impeachment won't happen.

"But a third of the country still approves of that rogue president — and that third amounts to a huge majority of the G.O.P. base. So all we get from the vast majority of elected Republicans are off-the-record expressions of “dismay” or denunciations of bigotry that somehow fail to name the bigot in chief.

It’s not just that Republicans fear primary challenges from candidates pandering to the racist right, although they do; Trump is already supporting challengers to Republicans he considers insufficiently loyal."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/opinion/trump-caligula-republican-congress.html

Yea. If they refuse to take a "loyalty oath" then they get on this repugnant man's S. list. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, craigt3365 said:

Exactly. No precedent for the current stream of lies. No comparison. Sad some don't see this.

Collective hallucinations are very rare.  But luckily you're in the group of those 'in the know'. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, TMNH said:

Chronic achievement? I suppose you call a person with multiple bankruptcies (incl. a $20,000,000 Trump University judgement against him), and stiffing subcontractors to be a role model of a person the only question is 'when"' you and other staunch Trump supporters will walk away with your tail between your legs. The wall is closing in and I do hope you are man enough to admit you were wrong. 10 hours of Steele (the dossier) testimony yesterday and his lawyer wants it published for the public. McConnell coming out to say that Trump called him and demanded his help re; the Russia investigation.Tick...tick...tick.

The man took two hundred million and turned it into a net worth of four and a half billion over three decades in a very competitive field full of extremely astute business people. Real estate values change his net worth, by the way.

The remainder of your criticisms are nothing more than unsubstantiated accusations.

My tail between my legs? Why? I could care less if he gets re-elected or finishes his term or doesn't run again. That doesn't change the fact he's a successful man of business.