webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut added that it would be the responsibility of all people, including members of the media,

As long as they don't question or oppose his rule...

...make sure that the country moved forward peacefully?

I wouldn't expect anything to move under travel ban and some kind of undeclared house arrest.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

As I said ....  why allow the violence to commence ?  why not control it so it doesn't have the chance to start ?    common sense if you ask me.

The violence is a direct result of the suppression of basic human rights. Common sense would be the reinstatement of  habeas corpus, the presumption of innocence, the return of an elected legislature, and the military's acceptance that it is accountable to a government elected by the people of Thailand.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

What about the every day people, why should they have the boot of the junta ground into their face and treated like pure scum when the Bangkok people are awarded freedoms and can go about their business.  Not everyone outside of Bangkok are reds and when over 95% of the entire population support and admire prayuth and the junta why treat them like garbage.

but where do you get the figure of 95% of the population supporting prayuth from, i would think it is more likely to be 25% of the population supporting Prayuth, 25% of the population supporting the red shirts and the other 50% split between all shades of opinion but keeping fairly quiet unless the red shirts or prayuth put their foot in it and cause turmoil in the country

33 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

but where do you get the figure of 95% of the population supporting prayuth from, i would think it is more likely to be 25% of the population supporting Prayuth, 25% of the population supporting the red shirts and the other 50% split between all shades of opinion but keeping fairly quiet unless the red shirts or prayuth put their foot in it and cause turmoil in the country

It was he junta itself that claimed it was that popular: https://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/22/thailands-military-government-says-99-of-population-happy-with-performance.html

3 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This is just a precursor to the inevitable.

We've been waiting for years for it to finally happen, and there's no fail-safe any more to stop it spiraling completely out of control. 

Suitcases packed and plan B at the ready captain!

:sad:

Do you really believe we are headed to civil war? I certainly think things are going to get much worse before they get better, but civil war? 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

All the public transport – be it passenger vans or shuttle buses – have been made unavailable for people who want to rent them for trips to Chaeng Wattana [where the court is located].”

Uber is going to be very busy.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I believe it's better to control the red shirts than allow violence.

Prayut referred to controlling "unrest." He made no reference to violence.

Unrest is defined as a "state of dissatisfaction."

Such is a right in the 2017 Constitution:

• Article 34 - A person shall enjoy the liberty to express his opinion, make speech, write, print, publicize, and make expression by other means.
  • Article 36 - A person shall enjoy the liberty of communication by whatsoever means.

Prayut wants no public expression of conflict. If you're okay with that, perhaps you should insist that the TV forum be shutdown.

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Being harassed in their homes, on the phone, troops in their streets, public transport stopped, road blocks and if they step on a Bangkok footpath they will be arrested.  Definately squashing human rights, bringing the country together and restoring happiness.  Definately indicates that the military junta have made their verdict of guilty.  

what goes round comes round

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

What about the every day people, why should they have the boot of the junta ground into their face and treated like pure scum when the Bangkok people are awarded freedoms and can go about their business.  Not everyone outside of Bangkok are reds and when over 95% of the entire population support and admire prayuth and the junta why treat them like garbage.

"Let them eat cake" comes to mind

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Being harassed in their homes, on the phone, troops in their streets, public transport stopped, road blocks and if they step on a Bangkok footpath they will be arrested.

You forgot to add:

....... a key red-shirt leader said yesterday.

4 hours ago, gummy said:

what goes round comes round

Haha...you put it more politely than I would of with Chalerm foreseeing the some unknowns shooting and bombing Shinawatra opposition miraculously before it happened like clockwork.

8 hours ago, Ricardo said:

I tend to agree, it seems to be something that just happens naturally to Thai PMs, after a few years in-office. They start talking about ruling (sic) for 20-years, and making all the decisions themselves, and even believing it.  Later on they become born-again democrats ! :cool:

Yingluck never did any of the things you claim here.

I'm not passing any judgment on her guilt or innocence.

Just her odds of getting a fair trial based solely on guilt or innocence.

And of course to have a cast iron excuse to delay an election...

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Do you really believe we are headed to civil war? I certainly think things are going to get much worse before they get better, but civil war? 

I'm thinking of ordering a taxi for Swampy ....  Fintan Stack says it's war ....  :partytime2:

1 hour ago, Fumanchang said:

Yingluck never did any of the things you claim here.

True, she dissolved Parliament & called a new election, two-and-a-half years in.

But a friend who worked in the PM's office told me, a few months after becoming PM, she began to be more-independent of her brothers' advice, and that's when her problems started.  Only anecdotal, I know.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

True, she dissolved Parliament & called a new election, two-and-a-half years in.

But a friend who worked in the PM's office told me, a few months after becoming PM, she began to be more-independent of her brothers' advice, and that's when her problems started.  Only anecdotal, I know.

I would of thought her trouble began when Suthep unleashed his street mob and Abhisit boycotted an election whilst Prayuth refused to leave the barracks.

5 minutes ago, Fumanchang said:

I would of thought her trouble began when Suthep unleashed his street mob and Abhisit boycotted an election whilst Prayuth refused to leave the barracks.

So you would approve of army-supervised elections ?  Interesting POV !

And welcome back !

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

lol ....  not in love ....  just prefer a controlled government instead of the previous road blockages, airport closures, mayhem, insecurity, protests, fighting and general lawlessness.   I just consider it better as it is ....  don't you ? or you prefer the way it was ?

" road blockages, airport closures "

That's funny because I could have sworn the people doing that with dressed in yellow colour:blink:

12 hours ago, Thechook said:

Being harassed in their homes, on the phone, troops in their streets, public transport stopped, road blocks and if they step on a Bangkok footpath they will be arrested.  Definately squashing human rights, bringing the country together and restoring happiness.  Definately indicates that the military junta have made their verdict of guilty.  

And it must all be true because Thida and PTP/Red Shirt activists, salaried employees of Mr. T, wouldn't lie, would they? :whistling: