The bullet that hurts - but never kills

snoop1130

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The alternative bullet is one of many various inventions included in a project seeking weaponry innovations for the armed forces and country defence.

Might it be that people are making a windfall of wealth copying existing technologies and "selling" to the military in the same fashion as the fake GT200 bomb detector? To this day the military insists on the detectors usefulness using the logic: It's better having it than nothing.

At least the alternative bullet system actually exists and proven. But it's a shame nothing of details has been said of the MOU that no doubt set the purchase price and quantity. It would be ironic should Alternative Strategies become the supplier in lieu of the bullet system being manufactured in Thailand.

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

Nothing to do with country defence in my mind. Rubber non lethal bullets are very effective in riot control. In those circumstances it's easier to pull the trigger and does not make anyone think twice on using deadly force. 

Used properly they are very effective. If someone is throwing rocks at you and you have the choice of a rubber bullet that will hurt him badly and knock him down or fire a live round that will kill him and perhaps someone behind him it's an easy decision to make.

Yep, easy choice.......the second.

19 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Yep, easy choice.......the second.

Easy choice if want a manslaughter or murder charge slapped on you.

Live rounds coming at you then live rounds go back. Rocks and stones come at you then 'baton' rounds go back.

For some reason the 'mob' is generally more frightened of them. 

When a foot patrol 'walked' into a bar for PI checks in Belfast or Londonderry all eyes were on the two guys with the 'dildo guns'  not the guys with the 9mm or 7.62's.

The way the USA cops react it wouldn't be worth a damn. Cop: "I think I saw a gun". Fires 15 bullet clip at suspect. Reload and shoot again. "All clear?" At least that's what I usually read in the news. They don't know the meaning of the word restraint.

The way the USA cops react it wouldn't be worth a damn. Cop: "I think I saw a gun". Fires 15 bullet clip at suspect. Reload and shoot again. "All clear?" At least that's what I usually read in the news. They don't know the meaning of the word restraint.

Now be fair - only if he is black, and has a defective brake light...

2 hours ago, jhonnie said:

looks like Austin Powers, but seriously a great innovation , be good to make them mandatory in Australia where cops tend to shoot first and look for non lethal alternatives after its too late

Thank you for reminding me of his name.