Thai police seek Interpol help to find Yingluck

snoop1130

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One can only assume that bluster like this is done to impress the 'right' sections of the domestic audience. First world countries and their legal mechanisms simply don't pander to these types of silly games played by immature stooges from third world kleptocracies, no matter which colur-coded gang is at the helm.

Red Bull Heir 4.0:  Keystone cops Thai-style.  This is painful to watch.  The mixture of indignant bs and bluster.  Time to take a break from watching the Thai government's antics for awhile.   
This is exactly what makes Banana Republics what they are.  
Pitiful.

Edited by connda

3 hours ago, smedly said:

There is a fundamental flaw going on here

In any country with a working justice system you do not grant bail to someone that is a flight risk

and my own opinion is that she is still in Thailand

Flight risk? Now how would that be? Look at history. Has it ever happened before under similar circumstances with any relative? The people deserve what they are served up if they are too dumb or scared to react to it and say "no". Idiots.

It took them years to order co-operation from Interpol to help find a little rich kid from Bangkok wanted for fatally running down a police office, but only a few days to order help to find a pretty lady who just happens to be very popular with rural folk. 

Hmmmm???

The longer that this goes on without any concrete news of her, the more worried I get, what do you think will happen if it does turn out that they've disappeared her? 

It doesn't bear thinking about. And watching over the years just how stupid this lot are it could be a real possibility........

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

TP :  "Have you seen Yingluck?"

Interpol: "What does she look like?"

TP : "Short Asian woman with dark, straight hair."

Interpol:  "Where was she last seen?

TP : "We lost sight of her in a sporting goods store."

Interpol: "What was she wearing?"

TP : "A camo track suit and Nike shoes."

Interpol : "Nike Free Run, Air VaporMax or Air Zoom?"

TP :  "Maybe the Zoom Fearless or Revolution 3."

Interpol: "Good luck."

TP : "No, Yingluck."

Interpol:  "OK, we'll file this under Noluck, YingYai."

I saw her in person one time. She's actually not short, she looked about 5 foot 10, but I didn't notice whether or not she was in heels.  She was quite a looker though. Definitely easier on the eye than DP Prawit.  Mind you, I've never seen him in person, he might just not be very photogenic. 

Edited by stephen tracy

There is almost no doubt she was "let go". Thai airspace is highly restricted. It is some of the most restricted airspace in the world. There is less than a 1% chance she could have left without being given permission. There is less than a 1% chance she left by land. This is just not the way she rolls. She left by air, in a private jet. How many private jets are there in Thailand? And how hard is it to keep track of them? Not hard at all.

Also, when he claims they were not watching her, that is patently false. Of course they were. She was up on charges, for the biggest trial of the decade. The chances of them not watching her were less than zero. She was let go. It was probably decided at the highest levels, that this was the best outcome for all. And now the little man is playing the same inane game of deflection that Trump plays daily. Just say it, and a percent of the people will buy it. Well, this guy does not. And neither do most. 

I am sure Interpol is well aware of the permission that was granted. At least it is assumed. And hopefully, they will make no effort to find her. Egg on the face is sometimes a great way to develop humility. 

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is almost no doubt she was "let go". Thai airspace is highly restricted. It is some of the most restricted airspace in the world. There is less than a 1% chance she could have left without being given permission. There is less than a 1% chance she left by land. This is just not the way she rolls. She left by air, in a private jet. How many private jets are there in Thailand? And how hard is it to keep track of them? Not hard at all.

Also, when he claims they were not watching her, that is patently false. Of course they were. She was up on charges, for the biggest trial of the decade. The chances of them not watching her were less than zero. She was let go. It was probably decided at the highest levels, that this was the best outcome for all. And now the little man is playing the same inane game of deflection that Trump plays daily. Just say it, and a percent of the people will buy it. Well, this guy does not. And neither do most. 

I am sure Interpol is well aware of the permission that was granted. At least it is assumed. And hopefully, they will make no effort to find her. Egg on the face is sometimes a great way to develop humility. 

You assume she left by air from Thailand yet what evidence there is suggests this is not the case, rather crossing the border into Cambodia.Whether the Junta connived at her exit or not is irrelevant in the matter of Interpol/extradition.There is not even  a scintilla of doubt (as barristers say) that the prosecution was politically motivated so extradition is off the table, even in the unlikely event the Junta pursued it.

Edited by jayboy

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

You assume she left by air from Thailand yet what evidence there is suggests this is not the case, rather crossing the border into Cambodia.Whether the Junta connived at her exit or not is irrelevant in the matter of Interpol/extradition.There is not even  a scintilla of doubt (as barristers say) that the prosecution was politically motivated so extradition is off the table, even in the unlikely event the Junta pursued it.

I believe you are absolutely correct. I do not think the Thai authorities would get any cooperation. But more importantly, I do not think they are pursuing her. I believe they let her go. I am most certain of that.

The whole interpol involvement claim, is a dog and pony show. It means nothing. It is only meant for public consumption, and the maintenance of a good face.

Edited by spidermike007

17 hours ago, sweatalot said:

another smokescreen.

They are not even able to get the red bull killer found and extradited.

Aren't there reports that she is with her brother?

Yep, there are reports she's in Dubai. That's why they say there going to ask the UAE police.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Only you and all the other Shin apologists keep repeating the "politically motivated" mantra. 

Do you actually think she wasn't guilty of negligence and malfeasance?

Not why the case was selectively progressed, etc etc etc. But purely based on the reported evidence?

But that's Thaksin and his family's claim for all and every case. So it seems, if your a politician you can never be successfully prosecuted because it's all political. And he probably believes his own propaganda now too.

But, as it's unlikely that any real extradition attempt will be made, we'll never know. 

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

I saw her in person one time. She's actually not short, she looked about 5 foot 10, but I didn't notice whether or not she was in heels.  She was quite a looker though. Definitely easier on the eye than DP Prawit.  Mind you, I've never seen him in person, he might just not be very photogenic. 

Very good that you find and attractive woman more easy on the eye than an old army sweat!

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Only you and all the other Shin apologists keep repeating the "politically motivated" mantra. 

Do you actually think she wasn't guilty of negligence and malfeasance?

Not why the case was selectively progressed, etc etc etc. But purely based on the reported evidence?

But that's Thaksin and his family's claim for all and every case. So it seems, if your a politician you can never be successfully prosecuted because it's all political. And he probably believes his own propaganda now too.

But, as it's unlikely that any real extradition attempt will be made, we'll never know. 

Your interpretation is not shared by any serious independent source.Prove me wrong if you want to.

Yingluck's mismanagement and lack of oversight have never been questioned.

P.S Parroting "Shin Apologist" every time you encounter an unwelcome truth or argument doesn't help your case.It just marks you out as a dullard.

5 hours ago, kmj said:

My guess is that interpol will decline to accept the request on politically motivated conviction grounds a bit like they did when the request was made against her brother about 7 years ago.

"Now the truth that had been kept secret during the two and a half years when the Democrat-led government was in power has finally come to light when new Foreign Minister Surapong Towijakchaikul revealed that ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was never on the wanted list of International Police, or Interpol, from the start.

The revelation came after the Japanese government spokesman confirmed that Japan has granted an entry visa to the former Thai premier upon request from the Thai government."

Source: Thai Visa Forum.

It would seem the Democrats led government never actually made the request correctly. (Didn't they find all that paper work to complicated?).

Whereas the PTP government actually requested visas for the criminal fugitive!

Do you have a source / reference to confirm you assertion that Interpol refused to accept a request on the ground of politically motivated? Or did you make it up?

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Your interpretation is not shared by any serious independent source.Prove me wrong if you want to.

Yingluck's mismanagement and lack of oversight have never been questioned.

P.S Parroting "Shin Apologist" every time you encounter an unwelcome truth or argument doesn't help your case.It just marks you out as a dullard.

Parroting "politically motivated" as an excuse for the Shins isn't dullard then?

Good that you admit that Yingluck mismanaged the scheme and was negligent, dare I suggest in the extreme.

The excuse "politically motivated" as become a universal dismissal of anything illegal or unsavory about the Shins. Some posters seem to trot it out without even understanding what it actually means. (Not you btw).

It's like insisting Yingluck was removed by a coup, or neglecting to mention Thaksin was illegally holding on to power when removed. It's more convenient to ignore the detail that doesn't fit the agenda.

The selectivity on who get's prosecuted, and if convicted the severity of the sentence leaves a lot to be desired. As we see from cases involving politicians, the very wealthy and well connected. 

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Parroting "politically motivated" as an excuse for the Shins isn't dullard then?

Good that you admit that Yingluck mismanaged the scheme and was negligent, dare I suggest in the extreme.

The excuse "politically motivated" as become a universal dismissal of anything illegal or unsavory about the Shins. Some posters seem to trot it out without even understanding what it actually means. (Not you btw).

It's like insisting Yingluck was removed by a coup, or neglecting to mention Thaksin was illegally holding on to power when removed. It's more convenient to ignore the detail that doesn't fit the agenda.

The selectivity on who get's prosecuted, and if convicted the severity of the sentence leaves a lot to be desired. As we see from cases involving politicians, the very wealthy and well connected. 

I think its important to see the bigger pattern and not get too caught up in detail, though detail is needed too.What you say about the removal of Yingluck and Thaksin is true as far as it goes. Yet without explaining the context (namely the determination of vested interests to frustrate the Thai People's choices if they don't like them) the wrong impression is created.There was a kind of coup against Thaksin and Yingluck (and Somchai and Samak for that matter).The vested interests go with whatever works - military coup, trumped up court decision, directed judicial activism, intimidation, mobs on the street etc.Sometimes these work and sometimes they don't.The main point however is that the elites who hate democracy will step in sooner or later if elections produce winners they don't like.

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

hardly, as it is a term that applies to nearly 100% of Thai court cases and legal pursuits.

IOW, it is an accurate term and used appropriately in these cases. 

To have a decent conversation, it is necessary to recognize the motivations of the current regime and their royalist backers. Vengeance plays an important role in that. And it's nothing new, ...

19 months later . . . Yingluck Shinawatra named vice-president of Nicaragua

32 months later . . . RTP receives English translation of Interpol request for Yingluck

36 months later . . . NCPO approves Interpol request form

39 months, 1 day later . . . Thailand request arrives in Interpol

Interpol officer prints out request and carefully reads it. Chuckles. Officer picks up paper, extends right hand and spikes it. Bursts out laughing. Tells story during lunch. Everyone busts a gut. Asia desk officer, with tears streaming down his face, says just "Red Bull" and everybody heaves with laughter. Best lunch ever.