ATM spews out thousands - so honest Thai man gives it to Pattaya police

webfact

ATM spews out thousands - so honest Thai man gives it to Pattaya police

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya hotel employee was shocked to see a malfunctioning ATM he was using start spewing out wads of cash yesterday.

Boonsong, 57, collected 69,000 baht from the machine and promptly went to Pattaya police to hand it all in.

Sanook reported that the money was recorded and photographed by investigating officer Suphan Sophee before the bank was contacted.

The bank was not named but the ATM was at the Khwai Klang Muang (Buffalo in Town) market on Thepprasit Road, South Pattaya.

Police surmised there must have been some kind of computer malfunction.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-30

Full respect to the honest gentleman, who deserves a hefty reward from the bank!:wai::wai:

Before the miraculous spit of the ATM, I would check if the last user did was not debited of the huge sum from his account!...But chances are that the bank may not comment on this one!!

On the photo one could almost think that the cop's mouth seems watering as he gazes towards the cash!!:cheesy:

does not say name of bank.  and as we almost never hear of the next part of the story , most likely we will not hear if the bank does the right thing or not.  even 1k or 2k would be a good sign of a quality institution.  more likely the police will get something and the good man gets **********

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Full respect to the honest gentleman, who deserves a hefty reward from the bank!:wai::wai:

Before the miraculous spit of the ATM, I would check if the last user did was not debited of the huge sum from his account!...But chances are that the bank may not comment on this one!!

On the photo one could almost think that the cop's mouth seems watering as he gazes towards the cash!!:cheesy:

Surely defective. Most ATM's have a limit of 20 000 bht on withdrawals. But there are more and more 30 000 bht  atm's now...

69 000 bht? Defective.

Edited by LazySlipper

19 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Guess, this ATM will be very 'busy' tonight, with many hopefuls trying their luck... :smile:

Hee hee hee. Cool. This very same thing happened in Canada some years ago. The man also returned the money ( to the bank ) For the next six weeks, every morning my brother in law withdrew 20 dollars from that same machine. Having no "luck," he finally gave up....true story.

2 hours ago, UPDEHSOI said:

Hee hee hee. Cool. This very same thing happened in Canada some years ago. The man also returned the money ( to the bank ) For the next six weeks, every morning my brother in law withdrew 20 dollars from that same machine. Having no "luck," he finally gave up....true story.

I once went to withdraw money from an ATM. The machine gave out money even before I had a chance to put in my card! Turns out, the female ATM user before me, just about to leave, had forgotten her money, and had left while the ATM was still processing her withdrawal request. She just realised it when the machine gave out the money, with me already standing in front of the ATM. She quickly came back and grabbed the cash.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, Meljames said:

It's the bank's money and there's a camera built in to the kiosk taking user's photos. Not exactly the perfect crime.

I am not talking about stealing ATM money I clearly posted according to ATM failure.