Foreigner pepper-sprays cashiers at minimart before stealing cigarettes and cheap wine coolers

snoop1130

Foreigner pepper-sprays cashiers at minimart before stealing cigarettes and cheap wine coolers

By Coconuts Bangkok

jh.JPG

Screenshot: Bright TV

Pattaya police arrested a troubled middle-aged white man yesterday after he pepper-sprayed cashiers at a Tesco Lotus minimart, before ransacking shelves behind the counter and fleeing with a pack of cigarettes and Spy wine coolers.

According to the store employees, the foreign man, whose name or nationality were not revealed, walked into the store on Central Pattaya Road to buy booze, but was turned down because it was after the legal time to sell alcohol.

The angry white man then pepper-sprayed two employees in the face, as seen in CCTV footage, before ransacking the store for not beer or whisky, but for Spy wine coolers, a popular drink among young Thai ladies.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/foreigner-pepper-sprays-cashiers-minimart-stealing-cigarettes-cheap-wine-coolers/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-8-30

The guy is a PoS, regardless of his nationality (I'm hoping he's not British) and deserves a harsh sentence followed by deportation.

In Pattaya (maybe in every town in Thailand) you are never more than a few minutes away from a shop that will sell you alcohol during the "dry" hours - yet, on several occasions, I have seen westerners get very upset/aggressive with check-out staff when they can't buy their beer in the 7-11 or Tesco.

The staff in these places are usually youngsters, weighing in at about 40-50 kilos. Great opportunity for some bullies to throw their weight around - scum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesecakegirl said:

I'm watching the video; and what I'm finding hilarious is he sprays the clerk while the one in the foreground goes on her merry way with the paperwork.  And the guy near the storeroom door is just casually watching it all unfold before he, too, gets sprayed.  Then even after that guy gets sprayed, Ms. Paperwork is STILL doing her paper thing. It's as if this is the norm at that store.

"situational awareness" is pathetically lacking and likely plays in the road deaths also

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheesecakegirl said:

I'm watching the video; and what I'm finding hilarious is he sprays the clerk while the one in the foreground goes on her merry way with the paperwork.  And the guy near the storeroom door is just casually watching it all unfold before he, too, gets sprayed.  Then even after that guy gets sprayed, Ms. Paperwork is STILL doing her paper thing. It's as if this is the norm at that store.

It is pretty much the "norm" in a lot of Pattaya (maybe not the pepper spay).

Never a dull moment in Pattaya.

I always enjoy my visits.

Edited by Enoon

When committing a crime surely its best to weigh up the reward against the potential of getting caught and the punishment.

I can't but help think the 300 baht or so reward falls a little short to the almost definite several year jail term in this case .... and i bet the CS spray cost as much as the goods he took.

Though i'm sure i recognise his face, or may be its just a common look.

Edited by Arth

Possibly a deadbeat loser on visa overstay, no money and desperate just like the loser who recently robbed a gold shop in Chiang Mai.

Too many of them hitting on Thailand now, low life trash from all over the western world that believe Thailand is a sanctuary and is obliged to let these morons stay here. Like tenants that cannot to pay their rent, these people should be evicted from the country forthwith. 

• Thanks 1