“Thailand’s Billionaire Barbie” diagnosed with cancer at 81

webfact

“Thailand’s Billionaire Barbie” diagnosed with cancer at 81

(PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

ba.jpg

Photo: Instagram

BANGKOK: -- After disappearing from the media spotlight for several years, Thai socialite Sumanee Gunakasem, also known as “Thailand’s Barbie,” spoke to the media for the first time this week since she was diagnosed with uterus cancer four months ago.

Sumanee, now 81, was frequently spotted at social events throughout her 70s. Famous for her youthful face that has no wrinkles and her blonde wig, Sumanee has only admitted to having eyelid surgery, despite obvious facial transformation.

Today, Morning Talk Show checked in with Sumanee four months after her diagnosis with cancer. Having gone through several chemo treatments, Thailand’s Barbie remains positive.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyle/thailands-barbie-billionaire-diagnosed-cancer-81-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-08-31

9 hours ago, Enoon said:

Then and now, choose your nightmare "Socialite":

Thailands "Barbie"

khun-sumanee-guna-kasem.jpg.fb78a5aa9116490bf4265ca00a606109.jpg

Kylie Jenner

nightmare.jpg.3d262d8e8ee9f4539ac00a894de32553.jpg

Jocelyn Wildenstein

jocelyn-wildenstein-before-after-surgery.jpg.9fc9becc926dabd2177111670e3b2a0d.jpg

Donatella Versace

donatella.jpg.a281df5273da5a2c8bac129ee4237ef0.jpg

...they all look like salmon and gropers too me.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 10:30 PM, orchis said:

That's not Kylie Jenner

True. And I have to admit in her case it was an improvement. She was a total nothing and only second to last in looks of all the girls next to that fat ugly marital trist accident Chloé. 

On 9/17/2017 at 12:26 AM, baboon said:

"You might be a (censored) or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper..."

What kind of scoundrel operates on these women to the point of looking like that?

In most cases, the hideous result of cosmetic surgery surfaces years later as the body ages. Collagen loss and muscle atrophy begin to expose the temporary surgical benefits. That said, there are the occasional botched surgeries where this result is immediate and horrifying.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I never feel the need to empathize with people like her... trying so desperately (and ridiculously) to stay young... How long do you want to deny the inevitable? You can't go against time, idiots. Cancer finally catches up with her at age 81. Many people get cancer when they're much younger. Maybe she won't be able to evade death by the time she's 102 or something. All you do is delay the inevitable. Me? I'd rather just live fast, soak it all in, and have a quick and easy exit. 

10 minutes ago, seajae said:

to think they spent a fortune to look absolutely fugly

A lot of it is like what happened with Michael Jackson, surgeries to try and put right previous surgeries that didn't work out as intended. You see a lot of these cumulative surgeries on show here with the botox, chin implants, bad nosejobs and eye reshaping, often before the age of thirty. Often seen in some of the more extreme ladyboys where changing appearance is always on their mind. Another reason is that Thais like to flaunt their wealth, and any kind of "work" at all shows they had money to spend on it. 

3 hours ago, NoMeAmes said:

I never feel the need to empathize with people like her... trying so desperately (and ridiculously) to stay young... How long do you want to deny the inevitable? You can't go against time, idiots. Cancer finally catches up with her at age 81. Many people get cancer when they're much younger. Maybe she won't be able to evade death by the time she's 102 or something. All you do is delay the inevitable. Me? I'd rather just live fast, soak it all in, and have a quick and easy exit. 

I agree with you, apart from the "quick and easy exit" part. You underestimate the survival instinct and the fact that most people are not fortunate enough to simply go to sleep one night and never wake up again.

No, what tends to follow is a slow, lingering and agonising death if you are not given sufficient treatment and even then...

Personally, I wish you well. But please do not be cavalier with your life and health. They can both turn disastrous in the blink of an eye...