Bang Tao Croc Captured. Week-long search over

webfact

Bang Tao Croc Captured. Week-long search over

By Nattha Thepbamrung

IMG_0590-681x511.jpg

The beastie is estimated to be 200 kilograms and around 10 years old

PHUKET: -- That crocodile, that was first spotted swimming off Bang Tao beach and then making its way into an old tin mine lake, has been captured after two days and two nights of hunting.

The 3 metre crocodile is a salt water crocodile, originally thought to be a fresh water croc. 

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/bang-tao-croc-captured-week-long-search

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-09-01

Phuket croc successfully captured, but not without a struggle

Eakkapop Thongtub

1504237365_1-org.jpg

Officials from the Phuket and Surat Thani fisheries departments catch the croc in fishing nets. Photo: Narongsak Sangseedam

PHUKET: -- Yesterday’s attempt by Fisheries Department officials to capture the Phuket crocodile first seen swimming off of Bang Tao Beach last week was unsuccessful. However, a second attempt early this morning was a success.

At 9:30pm yesterday (Aug 31), a team of crocodile catchers attempted to force the crocodile to land using fishing nets.

However, during the initial capture attempt, the crocodile, struggling to free itself from the net, collided with a boat being used in the mission and managed to escape as it had made a hole in the net.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-croc-successfully-captured-but-not-without-a-struggle-63701.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-01

Aren't they a protected species, native to Thailand?  Whats going to happen to it now?  Stick in in a squalid croc farm to be make into shoes, or dragged about by its tail every day in some tacky tourist croc show?

Very Buddhist of them to capture wild animals and tie them up... and stand on their heads.  

Large crocodile in Phuket now captured

By Thai PBS

crocc2.jpg

PHUKET: -- A 3-metre long crocodile which was believed to be the one spotted near Lepang beach in Thalang district of Phuket last week was captured before dawn today (Sept 1).

The crocodile was caught by a special team which comprises officials from Phuket Fisheries Office, Surat Thani-based Freshwater Fisheries Suppression and Prevention Centre, and a private crocodile farm in Phuket.

The hunting team spotted the crocodile at 3.30am in a swamp which is connected to the sea near Lepang beach, the same place as where it was first spotted and filmed by a foreign tourist last week.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/large-crocodile-phuket-now-captured/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-01

22 hours ago, scotchonrocks said:

Nasty bl00dy things. No place for man and croc to co-exist together. Shoot them all till they're extinct. <deleted> the Bhuddist practice, its them or us. 

I went to Nakhon Sawan visiting my first gf's home town. When we went to the river, I asked her where all the crocodiles were. She told me they are all hunted for food and their skins, so they were virtually not to be found in the wild. Likely this croc is going to suffer the same fate! LOL No sympathy for crocs or sharks for that matter!!!

Nasty bl00dy things. No place for man and croc to co-exist together. Shoot them all till they're extinct. <deleted> the Bhuddist practice, its them or us. 

Crocodiles have a part to play in maintaining estuarine systems - they clean up carcasses of dead fish and animals which would otherwise contaminate the water.

Australia hunted crocodiles nearly to extinction last century. After making them a protected species in 1970, the population has now recovered.

Certainly we have had crocodile attacks since. However, that's only on people who aren't smart enough to stay out of the water in known crocodile areas. Darwinism at work.

...yes, kill them all, Sharks, Snakes, Bears, Wolfs, Tigers, Lions etc. For a simple thinking Human like you the common way...beware:passifier:

1 minute ago, ujayujay said:

...yes, kill them all, Sharks, Snakes, Bears, Wolfs, Tigers, Lions etc. For a simple thinking Human like you the common way...beware:passifier:

If we want to have a war on a species, it should be mosquitoes. They've killed far more human beings than sharks, snakes, bears, wolves, tigers and lions put together.

The most dangerous animal in Africa is the hippopotamus. Kills more people than lions.

39 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

If we want to have a war on a species, it should be mosquitoes. They've killed far more human beings than sharks, snakes, bears, wolves, tigers and lions put together.

The most dangerous animal in Africa is the hippopotamus. Kills more people than lions.

Yep... hippo kill more people than crocs too.

As for the mosquitoes... I hate them... but again they are part of the food chain.. many fish and small animals need the mosquitoes as a food.  Also, its very sad the people die from disease from mosquitoes, but we all got to die of something in the end... and our population growth could do with slowing down a bit.

They thought it was a freshwater crocodile for a long time but it turned out to be a saltwater crocodile, that species of crocodiles are known man eaters

I have seen both types in the wild in Northern Australia and their head/jaw shape are completely different, i thought it was a saltie all along but would not disagree with the experts

Extremely dangerous animals in the wild only species more dangerous are white point sharks and humans in a marine environment 

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yep... hippo kill more people than crocs too.

As for the mosquitoes... I hate them... but again they are part of the food chain.. many fish and small animals need the mosquitoes as a food.  Also, its very sad the people die from disease from mosquitoes, but we all got to die of something in the end... and our population growth could do with slowing down a bit.

What is needed is education. The birth rate by women is inversely proportional to their education level.