Watch Global TV (Android Box)

josephbloggs

Hi chaps.

I spotted an advert today to be able to watch all the World Cup matches with English commentary. From this company:

www.watchglobal.tv

I've been in touch with them and it sounds very good. But it almost sounds too good. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I would list what they tell me it offers you but I don't want to be accused of advertising, but as well as the live TVand all the subscription packages, they also have half a million movies and TV series (including latest ones) on demand for free, without subscription. I'm thinking of taking the plunge but would like to know if anyone else has done so.

I have a True 20 Mb connection. Good enough?

Anyone?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a friend who recommended this to me a few months ago.

He swears by it and says the quality is excellent, especially the HD channels and now he is seriously considering dropping True cable tv.

At that time I read several reviews on the internet but wasn't impressed. I guess I should go visit him and see for myself.

I have a friend who recommended this to me a few months ago.

He swears by it and says the quality is excellent, especially the HD channels and now he is seriously considering dropping True cable tv.

At that time I read several reviews on the internet but wasn't impressed. I guess I should go visit him and see for myself.

Hi Petedk,

Yes, I would love to hear a first hand report, and would like to know what sort of internet connection your friend has. My main worry is buffering on HD channels. It's cheap enough to just try it and see but it would be nice to know first if I'm going to be wasting time and money.

Currently I have True and CTH at home, but if this works I would certainly drop True but would keep CTH for the Premier League football (unless you can also get that through this box - I have asked them but haven't received a reply yet).

Edited by josephbloggs

Very over priced!!! The box is more than twice what it's sold for in Ban Moh, and the monthly subscription is about 250 there as well. I could get a box for about B4,000 down the road from me and pay B200 monthly fee.

This thing is sold by every Tom, Dick and Harry cable/satellite TV shop owner in Bangkok at the moment.

Very over priced!!! The box is more than twice what it's sold for in Ban Moh, and the monthly subscription is about 250 there as well. I could get a box for about B4,000 down the road from me and pay B200 monthly fee.

This thing is sold by every Tom, Dick and Harry cable/satellite TV shop owner in Bangkok at the moment.

Interesting. What does the 200 baht get you? With this one there is no monthly subscription unless you want all the sports etc.

Interesting. What does the 200 baht get you? With this one there is no monthly subscription unless you want all the sports etc.

Live TV channels ( can't disclose because your thread would be closed unless your a forum sponsor ) + football, 18+, movies, and a lot more.

I did click on the link provided this is what I found:

edited because file wasn't attached.

post-5599-0-14325700-1400066865_thumb.pn

Edited by phil2

Live TV channels ( can't disclose because your thread would be closed unless your a forum sponsor ) + football, 18+, movies, and a lot more.

I did click on the link provided this is what I found:

edited because file wasn't attached.

Yes, I've been through the pricing and I thought it was reasonable for what you get. But if you can get the same for 200 baht that's a different matter. Hmmm.....

Get the local ilikehd.com few hundred baht a month and you have a plethora of channels

to choose from including sport, no box no nothing, only good internet connection...

Anyone know if iLikeHD works from non-Thai IP addresses (India specifically)?

EDIT to answer my own question, VPN to Singapore nets the message 'only available in Thailand' :(

The satellite service for the World Cup is going to cost an extra $150 here in the Middle East

so don't hold your breath at 200baht

There are lots of free apps on the android play store and that of WP for me to worry about ( paying ) anything. I get most of my stuff from XBMC.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

correct XBMC has it all ..

Well, yes. Basically this box runs XBMC and everything is free. I got it delivered this morning. The main subscription package for extra channels and live sports (if you want it) comes through NTV (http://www.ntv.mx).

Basically, you could do it yourself through your computer, but the box just comes pre-loaded with everything and - for me - just makes everything easier as you have a remote etc. I have no regrets about spending the money (so far).

Get the local ilikehd.com few hundred baht a month and you have a plethora of channels

to choose from including sport, no box no nothing, only good internet connection...

EDIT to answer my own question, VPN to Singapore nets the message 'only available in Thailand' sad.png

Not 100% sure how all these things work, but if I click on BBC iPlayer here in Thailand I get a message something like "is restricted due to your location"

but change to connected to London UK get all the BBC channels....

ThaiVisa is so difficult to get using the Thai connection mostly connected via UK, just tried 'ilikeHD' and works using the UK connection, as well as the Thai via TRUE connection

Likewise that other link posted here NTV, cannot get via UK connected, but fine if that connection is switched off...

all gets very confusing having to keep changing connections to get everyday normal sites, well if I was 30 odd years younger maybe not

EDIT to answer my own question, VPN to Singapore nets the message 'only available in Thailand' sad.png

Not 100% sure how all these things work, but if I click on BBC iPlayer here in Thailand I get a message something like "is restricted due to your location"

but change to connected to London UK get all the BBC channels....

ThaiVisa is so difficult to get using the Thai connection mostly connected via UK, just tried 'ilikeHD' and works using the UK connection, as well as the Thai via TRUE connection

Likewise that other link posted here NTV, cannot get via UK connected, but fine if that connection is switched off...

all gets very confusing having to keep changing connections to get everyday normal sites, well if I was 30 odd years younger maybe not

I changed my location to UK on another VPN and it works just fine :) Could just be a Singapore issue.

Meanwhile, it does work well and the price is right although I see that since yesterday the options have changed.

Still for those who don't watch every night the 2-5 Hour packages are pretty good value.

One thing that does worry me slightly is that many of the channels carry the TrueVisions ID, I wonder how long they will last before the big boy takes their ball away :(

I spotted an advert today to be able to watch all the World Cup matches with English commentary. From this company:

www.watchglobal.tv

I've been in touch with them and it sounds very good. But it almost sounds too good

I wonder if these people have the rights to rebroadcast the World Cup???

We are talking big money here.

It may all go blank when the time comes.

But then I could be wrong

Joseph, try thai expat tv, that way you get to watch your favourite Eastenders as well !

Alfie is bang on. I have had thai expat TV now for a year. Their first Android Box (white colour) was frustrating spec wise, but still gave a good service. I have recently bought 2 of their new dual core black boxes. One for each of my other TVs. The new black box is superb. I can watch full length movies from UK free TV without any buffering. My download speed here is 6 ish.

You can just buy the subs just for laptop or ipad access, but personally I want to conserve battery life of both, and I like the convenience of having the service connected up by HDMI permanently, which is why I opt for the android boxes. Google thai expat TV. The manager there, Rob, is very helpful. Thoroughly recommended.

only good internet connection... > What is your connection and the band width, please?

Is your EPG on your own XBMC pc set up or from a Android set top box service?

If it's your own, how did you set up the guide?

Cheers

I use this on ,all my XBMC devices, iPad, Android tablet, PC,Mac and MX2 boxes .. It is free to use, just install the script and off you go.

on my XBMC it has all the EPG and is free ..

How do you get the program guide, and what kind of bandwidth do you have to watch the channels free without buffering?

As I mentioned above it is free and uses the free addons from XBMCHUB and no subscription required.. 2mbis (200k) of international bandwidth is all you need for perfect streaming, or use my free MX BBC Player If you need help with XBMC pop by my XBMC repo where I am always happy to help at http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY and use the apps there if you want..

Edited by joncl
  • Like 1

on my XBMC it has all the EPG and is free ..

How do you get the program guide, and what kind of bandwidth do you have to watch the channels free without buffering?

As I mentioned above it is free and uses the free addons from XBMCHUB and no subscription required.. 2mbis (200k) of international bandwidth is all you need for perfect streaming, or use my free MX BBC Player If you need help with XBMC pop by my XBMC repo where I am always happy to help at http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY and use the apps there if you want..

Which connection should we use to watch perfect streaming? TOT, True ADSL or other? how much speed ? Right now I am using 10 MB TOT ADSL but can't really watch international streams, buffers like h ell , even on SD channels.