Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort up for sale

webfact

Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort up for sale

The Phuket News

1504682117_1-org.jpg

Fully refurbished and opened in 2014, the Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa is managed by AccorHotels.

PHUKET: The Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa along with the Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok Sukhumvit in Bangkok are being offered for sale through an international tender process conducted by JLL’s Hotels & Hospitality Group.

Fully refurbished and opened in 2014, the Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa is managed by AccorHotels.

Situated on almost 12 rai of land within a two-minute walk of the northern end of Karon Beach, the 224-key family-oriented resort features expansive facilities including three swimming pools, water slide, extensive spa and kids club for children of all ages.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/novotel-phuket-karon-beach-resort-up-for-sale-63772.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-06

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

That's a surprise to me. Thought Novotel could make that site work. Previous 2 hotel operators could not make it work. Initially the Felix, not sure but think then Ramada Inn. 

Of course according to their words, they are doing great. Consistently over 80% occupancy, more and more tourists and only good things coming. That's not when you sell a property like this. They clearly invested quite a bit into this property and they have the name and management companies to make it work. I didn't know that there were two other failed projects in this location but could that hint at something being quite wrong there? The spot shouldn't be too bad, just a bit of a long walk to the main beach and restaurant area. A quick look at reviews doesn't show much apart from people seemingly being left stranded at times by the staff but that's not a reason to sell.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Of course according to their words, they are doing great. Consistently over 80% occupancy, more and more tourists and only good things coming. That's not when you sell a property like this. They clearly invested quite a bit into this property and they have the name and management companies to make it work. I didn't know that there were two other failed projects in this location but could that hint at something being quite wrong there? The spot shouldn't be too bad, just a bit of a long walk to the main beach and restaurant area. A quick look at reviews doesn't show much apart from people seemingly being left stranded at times by the staff but that's not a reason to sell.

Too many hotels on phuket and they still build more and in places where there is nothing

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

That's a surprise to me. Thought Novotel could make that site work. Previous 2 hotel operators could not make it work. Initially the Felix, not sure but think then Ramada Inn. 

Most times the problem is not the management company but very unrealistic demands ands interference by Owners. I did observe this a few times in our great Country.

Many possible reasons why it doesn't work:

- they forgot the spirit house

- spirit house is too small

- spirit house not properly taken care off

- offering fanta red all the time but no yakult

- western management not understanding and ignoring all of the above

I could go on and on.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, eisfeld said:

Of course according to their words, they are doing great. Consistently over 80% occupancy, more and more tourists and only good things coming.

Often wondered how true these occupancy rates were, then a friend who works in the industry told me that many of these places inflate their occupancy rates to appear "better" than others in hotel rankings!

On 9/6/2017 at 8:34 PM, eisfeld said:

"just a bit of a long walk to the main beach and restaurant area." - ahhhh, that pesky transport issue on Phuket claims another victim.  :biggrin: