• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Is it really that easy.

Then why more people are not doing it yet?

Ah, there is the answer.

You still need to wait for the RTP to do something.

And why would they do something? Why would they process your picture and try to find the person who did it?

What is in it for them?

If it really was this easy, I would send the video of my dashcam to the RTP and on the 10-minute clip of me driving 4 km through town you can easily see about 100 traffic violations ranging from running red lights, motorbikes without helmet, no use of turn signals, cars with broken front-, tail- or break lights, etc. The video will be sharp enough to read the number plates, and with a ticket price starting at 100 baht I would expect to make 5,000 baht AT LEAST with every trip to the 7-11.

Tell me when I can start, i don't mind driving around 1-2 hours a day doing this.

If they want I can even write all violations down for them in Excel with the number plates and fines.

And watch out for some midnight revenge.

Nice business model.How about this one  i follow a farang who smokes in the street i film him when he throws the bud away. Then i confront him with my video and ask 1000 bht for not report him with tourist police for littering? Does this activity requires a work permit? I need 3-5 customers a day?

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nice business model.How about this one  i follow a farang who smokes in the street i film him when he throws the bud away. Then i confront him with my video and ask 1000 bht for not report him with tourist police for littering? Does this activity requires a work permit? I need 3-5 customers a day?

Work permit for extortion/blackmail, not sure, you might have to look at the list of protected occupations.

Edited by Thechook

A gold shop near me has those metal welded box section things painted red/white and chained to the street posts (2 of them), that are meant to allow pedestrians space to get past the parking.  Apparently she rents/buys them from 'the authorities'.  They are most certainly on the road, but because she sought permission then the law is cast aside.

Seems to work.

So who do you report this to, and how do you get the 5,000 baht?.....and I did try to look up this site on fb ( "Sai Trong Kotmai" )...and is this for BKK area only or all of Thailand?

Could not fine it...

Edited by doggie1955

err whats to stop scammers from putting shit in front of people's houses in the middle of the night taking pics 

then removing the shit and driving off?

hopefully cops will not pursue fines or charges unless they personally see the stuff in front of the house

Edited by speckio

If this go's country wide and you don't need a work permit. I am going to get me a pair of those spy sunglasses and walk about once a day at rush hour.I will be going after every God dam selfish pieces of crap who think it's perfectly fine to jump a red light and don't give me enough time to cross the road. There is one Rd in particular what I cross every day. And they think because they are turning left they can Ingore the red light because pedestrians don't matter. Then after that I take a walk and just take a glance with my spyglass at any scum on the pavement.

Edit if you need a work permit I will quite happily not take the money to catch the red light jumpers while people are crossing the Road. Give me a excuse to buy the glasses and pretend I am James Bond.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It gets even better.
We got shop on Sukumvit and next shop owner rented front of out street for 3k a month to a lady who comes with van and sells clothes in the evening.
During the day theres poles on the road reserving her spot. And I got no where to park car, have to drive park in tesco express. They even rent street that not to belong to them and is on the front of ur shop...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Is it really that easy.

Then why more people are not doing it yet?

Ah, there is the answer.

You still need to wait for the RTP to do something.

And why would they do something? Why would they process your picture and try to find the person who did it?

What is in it for them?

If it really was this easy, I would send the video of my dashcam to the RTP and on the 10-minute clip of me driving 4 km through town you can easily see about 100 traffic violations ranging from running red lights, motorbikes without helmet, no use of turn signals, cars with broken front-, tail- or break lights, etc. The video will be sharp enough to read the number plates, and with a ticket price starting at 100 baht I would expect to make 5,000 baht AT LEAST with every trip to the 7-11.

Tell me when I can start, i don't mind driving around 1-2 hours a day doing this.

If they want I can even write all violations down for them in Excel with the number plates and fines.

Know what you mean Bob, that's something I could never make out when traveling from South just before Bangkok,not now, there is a semi permanent road block or police screening, the times I have been pulled over and accused of speeding(lies) I was always amazed because ninety percent of the traffic was always overtaking me.

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

I didn't see being a snitch/dobber on the list of restricted occupations, do I still need a work permit because I want to start immediately.  I reckon I could make 100K per hour without breaking a sweat.

that will not work. You missed that you need a policeman to work with you and share with him. Then the prosecuting will work.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Easy way to get beaten u,p if caught, by some pissed off citizen.

Sad, but this is the cowardly opinion of many here.

Ignoring the law because of fear of the consequences.  Or do you think as you're a farang you'll get beaten up more?

Edited by MrPatrickThai

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I used to live in an apartment on this long soi with a few 'very important' people having houses on the same soi. I can't talk about how they were important, but they were officially very important people. One of them used to put cones on the road outside his house to stop people from parking there. It's a public road with no pavement. Cars used to park on other parts of the road where maybe the houses were less important.

Question is; if I go back and take a picture of these cones, will I receive my 5,000 baht or a threat of defamation? 

Do it, then report back to us - I don't have that problem but if I did, I'd give it a try.

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Sad, but this is the cowardly opinion of many here.

Ignoring the law because of fear of the consequences.  Or do you think as you're a farang you'll get beaten up more?

Realism is reality.

Also I am not ignoring the law.

I always obey unlike those with less integrity...

Oh and to your final question [even though you use a racist term I will answer it] 

Yes.

I would.