Is it a typo.. Insane bangkok condo prices

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between $US 1 million and $ US 4.5 mil. A pittance for Wealthy Thais, Chinese and others with money.

A Porsche 911 GT3 RS costs more than 30 Mil Baht in Thailand so a luxury apartment in BKK for the same price could be seen as a bargain. See what you get for that in the center of London, HK, Singapore or even Jakarta.

12 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Joking or serious?

Joking.. But only partly. In pretty much every major capital city in the World there is high end/high cost property.

Yes you can analyse it and discover that over time some is a better investment than others. 

But I'm not shocked by the price.. I'm shocked that there are people who are shocked by the price. To the sector that this sort of development is aimed at it's not shocking.  People spend 10 - 14 Million dollars on a car. More on a boat and sometime more still on objets d'art. 

And guess what there is always someone poorer than them who thinks they are dumb for 'wasting' their money..

Just now, Pdaz said:

Joking.. But only partly. In pretty much every major capital city in the World there is high end/high cost property.

Yes you can analyse it and discover that over time some is a better investment than others. 

But I'm not shocked by the price.. I'm shocked that there are people who are shocked by the price. To the sector that this sort of development is aimed at it's not shocking.  People spend 10 - 14 Million dollars on a car. More on a boat and sometime more still on objets d'art. 

And guess what there is always someone poorer than them who thinks they are dumb for 'wasting' their money..

I agree. I was reading that even in Pyongyang prices are shooting up.

i just think that comparison is not relevant as London has many old flats that stood the test of time. Not so sure how will this look in 20 years.

True. I also wonder about the quality of construction. And more so about the fit and finish. I have been in a few high end developments and have yet to be wowed by the workmanship. Yes, expensive materials but often massacred by poor tradesmen. At least if you pay for luxury in the West you usually get high quality work, electricity that is safely managed and plumbing that doesn't leak.

Its interesting the developers have chosen Nana to build the most expensive condo project in Thailand. That speaks volumes about where that area is heading. There is a major overhaul happening in that area with partial sois being demolished along with their sleazy bar scene.

Nana plaza is next . It reminds me of redfern and  kings cross in Sydney Australia , dumps that were  quickly transformed into  prime property .

Edited by InMyShadow

Just few metres away there is Sukhumvit 15 Residence with pool villas - 2 storeys, 4 bed, private pool, 400sq m for ~ 52 million

Four years after the building was completed not even one sold, now with deep discount. (but for years they said all villas sold out unless "special offer")

So it will be interesting to watch how many folks will buy 150 sq m, 3 bed unit for the same price.

And its not just residential , there is massive commercial investment with the recently built 5 star Sofitel hotel near soi 13 and the currently being built Hyatt Regency 5 star Hotel right on the corner of soi 13 and sukhumvit both a 2 minute walk from nana Bts.

The big boys definitely know something !!!  Billions of baht being pumped into lower Sukhumvit  right now.

2 hours ago, Pdaz said:

A Porsche 911 GT3 RS costs more than 30 Mil Baht in Thailand

And many more will stand in the gridlocks :biggrin:

I understood that parts of Suk. Soi 7 buildings (Beergarden) are demolished for another mega condo.

(is it this?)

A mega condo on a road with the size of a footpath in a developed city.

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And many more will stand in the gridlocks :biggrin:

I understood that parts of Suk. Soi 7 buildings (Beergarden) are demolished for another mega condo.

(is it this?)

A mega condo on a road with the size of a footpath in a developed city.

No. I took that picture today from Nana BTS but on the opposite side of soi 7 on the other side of sukhumvit where that vacant plot of land sat for a decade. However your right soi 7 up to the beer garden will be another Condo and a smaller shopping mall from what I hear

Then you have cheap charlies until the 7/11 on soi 11 plus all the restaurants in that back soi waiting for the bull dozer..

10 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Its interesting the developers have chosen Nana to build the most expensive condo project in Thailand. That speaks volumes about where that area is heading.

Surely it just means that the price of by-the-hour girlfriends is going to go up.

12 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Its interesting the developers have chosen Nana to build the most expensive condo project in Thailand. That speaks volumes about where that area is heading. There is a major overhaul happening in that area with partial sois being demolished along with their sleazy bar scene.

Nana plaza is next . It reminds me of redfern and  kings cross in Sydney Australia , dumps that were  quickly transformed into  prime property .

This is by no means the most expensive one - and the land around Nana is not even considered prime location. Atm there are projects being built with with duplex units priced up to 500 MB.

Our office is around Nana and seeing all these hotels and high end condos going up it makes me wonder how long the "scene" is going to last around there. When it's just a tourist area maybe they don't care but I wonder what will happen if wealthy Thais start moving into these projects and making noise about the drug dealers on 13, streetwalkers all along the odd soi side of Sukhumvit and dildos the size of your forearm for sale every 10 metres. 

The area around the Honey hotel on Soi 19 is up for redevelopment the end of this year- another mall and a new hotel replacing the old Honey Hotel.  With all this money being spent- I can't imagine Nana Plaza remaining there too much longer or the police continuing to allow the drug dealers and foreign prostitutes to ply their trade out in the open . 

I wouldn't buy a condo in Bangkok at any price because like you said the city may be unlivable in the not too distant future.  The city is being sanitized and it is stating to look like London and New York. All the great places for street food and drink are being slowly forced out. If I wanted to live like they do in the West- that is where I would be.  The Bangkok Administration is make a huge mistake in its planning.

Our office is around Nana and seeing all these hotels and high end condos going up it makes me wonder how long the "scene" is going to last around there. When it's just a tourist area maybe they don't care but I wonder what will happen if wealthy Thais start moving into these projects and making noise about the drug dealers on 13, streetwalkers all along the odd soi side of Sukhumvit and dildos the size of your forearm for sale every 10 metres. 
Drug dealers will be gone when the Hyatt regency opens end of the year corner Soi 13. Currently it's a construction site and those human scum just lurrve hiding in the shadows

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Thats not even close to the most expensive, the most expensive is 88 Wireless right on wireless road. Its being marketed at over 500,000 baht per sqm at the moment. Condos there start at around 50 million.

Like another poster has said, Bangkok high end condo is still relative cheap compare to other big cities around the world. The quality depends on the company and workmanship, but I've seen many condos / apartment in western world using plaster / drywall as partitioning. I always find that very cheap. Why many think condos in Thailand is poor quality is due to poor workmanhip, most workers are not trained to do the job properly, they are not exposed to whats proper work.

Even if you compare Bangkok to other develop Asian nations such as Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Bangkok is still a whole lot cheaper.

16 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Its not the most expensive development in Thailand. It is a high end project, but there are at least 5 projects off the top of my head which are more expensive.

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

Thats not even close to the most expensive, the most expensive is 88 Wireless right on wireless road. Its being marketed at over 500,000 baht per sqm at the moment. Condos there start at around 50 million.

Like another poster has said, Bangkok high end condo is still relative cheap compare to other big cities around the world. The quality depends on the company and workmanship, but I've seen many condos / apartment in western world using plaster / drywall as partitioning. I always find that very cheap. Why many think condos in Thailand is poor quality is due to poor workmanhip, most workers are not trained to do the job properly, they are not exposed to whats proper work.

Even if you compare Bangkok to other develop Asian nations such as Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Bangkok is still a whole lot cheaper.

Like I have said, it's disastrous to compare prices this way.

The correct way is to compare rental yields in proportion to yields in government bonds of their respective countries.