Clue emerges about Yingluck’s escape route

webfact

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, seajae said:

could well be simply in hiding to wait and see what the courts say, if she is found not guilty or guilty but let off she will raise her head again, if guilty with jail time she will then leave, thats of course if she hasnt already. If she is only hiding she should face further charges as well as jail time anyway, only 2 weeks till we find out which ever way it goes

She is both beautiful and good at hiding. 

In the report earlier in the week, they claimed to have 80% solved the case using the same methods as were used to find the hospital bomb that had been hidden in a vase.

So I'm guessing they used those GT200 bomb detectors on the car as it drove past the checkpoint. 

17 hours ago, maeab101 said:

How do they know she was in the car?

Possible clues might include  ...

Lines of old-ladies waving red-roses   :402:

Police wai-ing her car as it roars past   :jap:

Soldiers looking avidly at the skies or horizon & whistling off-key   :whistling:

A hand in-the-back jubilantly waving a Monopoly Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card  :tongue:

Crying in-love posters who think she's 'hottie totty'   :wub:

...  take your pick !  :smile:

Why don't they back off? Aren't they afraid of abusing her human rights?

So much easier to try to find her after the fact then watching her before she leaves!

Still think the generalissimo got what he wanted and is now playing a game- Find the PM.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

a car travelling past a military checkpoint in eastern Sa Kaeo province that might have been carrying former premier Yingluck Shinawatra

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He called it the first “solid evidence”

Prawit's idea of solid evidence and my own differ considerably. Might have been; OMG, said it once and will continue to say it. This country's run by idiots.

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Possible clues might include  ...

Lines of old-ladies waving red-roses   :402:

Police wai-ing her car as it roars past   :jap:

Soldiers looking avidly at the skies or horizon & whistling off-key   :whistling:

A hand in-the-back jubilantly waving a Monopoly Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card  :tongue:

Crying in-love posters who think she's 'hottie totty'   :wub:

...  take your pick !  :smile:

Il'l go for number 5!

Yingluck last seen at Sa Kaew

By THE NATION

fa13f504428b9270493a995664b669d9.jpeg

Ex-pm’s vehicle convoy caught on CCTV footage near military checkpoint near Cambodian border days before her verdict.

THE INVESTIGATION into the flight of former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has narrowed down to the border province of Sa Kaew after authorities spotted her there days before her verdict hearing in a case related to the rice-pledging scheme. 

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan said yesterday that Yingluck’s convoy was last seen on CCTV at a military checkpoint in Sa Kaew province. 

Sa Kaew is 237 kilometres from Bangkok and borders Cambodia.

However, Prawit said the CCTV footage did not show the convoy at the border checkpoint but finished at a military checkpoint in the province. He did not elaborate on whether soldiers at the checkpoint had searched the cars.

Prawit called it the first “solid evidence” to emerge from a two-week investigation of Yingluck taking the escape route via the east. 

He said the CCTV cameras could not track the vehicle’s movement any further hence there was no evidence to suggest that it had crossed the border into Cambodia. 

60cf099402a8bb3b495a656091f7f34b.jpeg

Officials are trying to track down the car’s driver for interrogation, he said. 

He said Yingluck could have taken any of several other routes through the area and they too were being scrutinised.

It is the first official confirmation from authorities that Yingluck was last seen heading towards Cambodia, suggesting her flight out of the country as also speculated by the police. 

The information provided by the junta tallied with the police version. 

According to police investigation, Yingluck was last seen in Sa Kaew on August 23 in a sedan, leading to suspicion that she may have fled to a neighbouring country, deputy police chief Pol General Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul said.

Srivara said the car he and Prawit spoke of were the same vehicle but declined to reveal the brand.

Dramatic disappearance

Yingluck pulled off a dramatic disappearing act last month a few days before the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders was due to deliver a verdict in her trial for negligence over her government’s rice pledging scheme. The court set a second date for the hearing on Septembere 27.

23c4f3afdaca377431c8d886cd78e5c3.jpeg

She has not made any public appearance since August 23, but there are widespread reports she is now with her brother Thaksin, who lives in self-exile in Dubai.

The junta has come under fire from some conservative allies over Yingluck’s disappearance, with many questioning how the junta could have let her slip through the net.

Srivara said police would continue to investigate where she had travelled to from Sa Kaew. 

However, he said he could not say if she had already fled. The Thai police attache in Cambodia has been asked to report every five days. So far, there is no evidence of her entering Cambodia, Srivara said.

Army chief General Chalermchai Sittisart revealed yesterday that intelligence information showed the trail of Yingluck’s escape route ending at a military checkpoint in Sa Kaew. 

According to The Nation, only the Burapha Force checkpoint on the main Suwannasorn Road has CCTV cameras installed. There are four probable routes the former PM could have taken. Seven kilometres from the military checkpoint, there is an intersection. A straight 30-kilometre drive from the intersection would lead to the Aranyaprathet border checkpoint, to cross into Cambodia.

However, a right turn and a 70km drive to Chanthaburi province would lead to two border checkpoints – Ban Laem and Bang Phakkad in Pong Nam Ron district – to cross into Cambodia.

Another 70km drive from Chanthaburi would lead to Trat province from where a 30-40km drive would lead to the border checkpoint at Ban Had Lek in Klong Yai district, to cross into Cambodia, the closest to Kho Kong.

A left turn at the intersection in Sa Kaew, would lead to the pass to Buri Ram province where major border checkpoints to Cambodia are located.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30326186

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-09

12 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Yes she cares about the people in Issan very much. And they care about her. She and her brother. Did alot to help the poor farmers.

Sure they cared, but well down the list of care following their own corrupt, money generating, me first because I'm so important and need all I can get - me me me. 

20 hours ago, maeab101 said:

She has not left thailand show the proof. She could even be dead.

I've thought all along that she is still in Thailand. My opinion only, of course. 

However, the 'first solid evidence' is printed in between the two phrases, 'might have been carrying' and 'there is no evidence'.

Case proved!

19 hours ago, baboon said:

How is that any kind of "solid evidence"? All the CCTV proves is that a car drove past a military checkpoint in eastern SA Kaew province. I am sure it wasn't the only one that day.

Maybe they matched it with cars leaving her house and found one leaving her house AND passing the checkpoint.

she hasn't made contact with anybody, so the big questions must start being asked soon, is she alive or dead? if dead who had her killed? I sure the general and his side kick even if they helped her escape, would be starting to get worried about those questions now, it would be to their advantage if she made positive contact soon.

1 minute ago, johnarth said:

she hasn't made contact with anybody, so the big questions must start being asked soon, is she alive or dead? if dead who had her killed? I sure the general and his side kick even if they helped her escape, would be starting to get worried about those questions now, it would be to their advantage if she made positive contact soon.

Yes something has happened to her. She would have made contact. Or been caught on camera going into another country by now.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

might have been carrying former premier Yingluck Shinawatra as she fled the country.

He called it the first “solid evidence” to emerge from a two-week investigation of Yingluck taking the easterly route.

wow, good Police work. Very much evident! Later it's said the cameras couldn't follow the car because hidden by some buildings.

It can't be a problem to find out who was on duty that night and who drove that car?

But as I said before it's a show for Thai people. Like one of those popular TV soaps. It seems for me to be a staged escape. Prawit and his gang would not be really interested in any details: gone is gone