Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The forum has been VERY slow (over the last few weeks) far earlier in the day too - it's not restricted to after 9 p.m.

As it's been the case for so long - this is probably the new 'normal' :sad:.

It has taken over a minute to see your notification and read it.

Posting the reply will probably take as long and this is 12:49 on Tuesday 7th November.

I used to get quicker service a few years ago using DTAC 2G and EDGE on a mobile phone.

It is ONLY TVF that is this slow. Every other site I use is far quicker.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The forum has been VERY slow (over the last few weeks) far earlier in the day too - it's not restricted to after 9 p.m.

As it's been the case for so long - this is probably the new 'normal' :sad:.

It has taken over a minute to see your notification and read it.

Posting the reply will probably take as long and this is 12:49 on Tuesday 7th November.

I used to get quicker service a few years ago using DTAC 2G and EDGE on a mobile phone.

It is ONLY TVF that is this slow. Every other site I use is far quicker.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

And it's clearly getting worse as we've both had repeat postings, for likely the same reasons..... 

It took over 3 minutes before TVF timed out so I didn't even know if my reply was posted.

I did get this response however.

Error 524 Ray ID: 3b9e095ccba849af • 2017-11-07 05:55:52 UTC

A timeout occurred

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

What happened?

The origin web server timed out responding to this request.

What can I do?

If you're a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:

The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 3b9e095ccba849af • Your IP: 223.207.246.233 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

I liked the note to the owner of the website.

Just now, Tech Doctor said:

The News Site took down the sql server with 3000 connections. Investigating

TD

Thanks TD.

Additional troubleshooting information here.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 3b9e095ccba849af • Your IP: 223.207.246.233 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

From Google

Error 524 Ray ID: 3b9e095ccba849af • 2017-11-07 05:55:52 UTC

A timeout occurred

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

What happened?

The origin web server timed out responding to this request.

What can I do?

If you're a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:

The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application. Additional troubleshooting information here.

2 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Some sites do, problem is our userbase is so large its not easy to pin point exact route causes. We use lots of sub sites and other integrations.

TD

Surely other sites too have lots going on but TVF has not dealt with the problem over many months...

Even facebook is instant with their massive traffic flow...

Over many months we have had a software issue which are suppliers are trying to resolve. Other sites may not have patched due to seeing our issues.

Facebook has multiple servers and has a little more infrastructure than us, so of course its more instant.

TD

34 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Over many months we have had a software issue which are suppliers are trying to resolve. Other sites may not have patched due to seeing our issues.

Facebook has multiple servers and has a little more infrastructure than us, so of course its more instant.

TD

Well please hurry up and sort it cos when the site "hangs" l resort to my karaoke stuff and Mrs.Trans.....sad-face.gif.5533d7449bc25b2dd4647e7792034ca7.gif

53 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Some sites do, problem is our userbase is so large its not easy to pin point exact route causes. We use lots of sub sites and other integrations.

TD

The BBC news site I have no problem with nor with Yahoo mail, Gmail, Hotmail, Kbank, EBay, Lazada, Google,  Facebook, Line, Major Geeks.

49 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

TD

If TVF have had this problem for months that the suppliers cannot resolve, do you not think it a good idea to get a new supplier and sue the exising one?

They wrote it and could not have done proper testing on it before selling it. The problem is theirs.

If the mobile phone company that I used to work for sold a product that was not properly tested and had problems for months then they would have gone out of business.

They did, at least in the infrastructue division. They lost over a billion USD on one system alone and they were world leaders at one time.

The CEO who was the grandson of the people who originally built the company was fired and sadly many other people lost their jobs too.

While there were a few days of the site being non-functional for me about 6-8 weeks ago, I haven't had any major problems since , but the minor hiccups have been numerous. 

There were very few problems with this site for years before the Nation took over. That said 'm not the least bit surprised as their poor attention to basic proofreading the daily paper would seem to indicate a general lack of concern with detail which I imagine would carry over to their handling of more difficult tasks such as running a website.

The apparent censoring of people's avatars, I notice my own and many others have disappeared, would also warrant some sort of notification as to why, but it's their website so who am I to complain. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, blackcab said:

This has been going on for some considerable length of time now...

If you can't get people on the site at peak times, you can't show them adverts. No adverts = lost revenue.

Strangely enough though I don't think anyone cares.

Screenshot_20171122-212116.png

No change there then.

My problem is the same as yours and around the same time so I simply don't bother to even try between 21:00 and 22:00 any night.

But I think that the TD cares but he is over-ruled by the site owners who are interested only in money revenue and simply don't care about the TV users.

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No change there then.

My problem is the same as yours and around the same time so I simply don't bother to even try between 21:00 and 22:00 any night.

But I think that the TD cares but he is over-ruled by the site owners who are interested only in money revenue and simply don't care about the TV users.

Yes, back to crap, again. A sad blot, in my opinion, on the performance of a Thai media cornerstone.

Archived