Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, GarryP said:

No longer possible to use on my office computer. This has happened before when the speed went way down.

Terribly slow again now, Garry, so I'm clocking-off for the day . . . got better things to do. This past fortnight of T-V gremlins must have cost me many an hour, not to mention a good number of Kleenex for wiping the monitor, each time I go, "Oh, for foook's sake . . . not again!" Seriously, though, it's actually had me considering joining FaceBook.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That appears to of been around 9 pm. That is when the sitemap creation is running. As TechDoctor mentioned in a earlier in post.

Still waiting for a fix for it.

Is there a reason why routine maintenance is done when many people are online?

Why not find a low point and set it to run then. Even if the site gives out gateway errors it will affect less people. Surely that's a simple temporary fix to implement?

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

Is there a reason why routine maintenance is done when many people are online?

Why not find a low point and set it to run then. Even if the site gives out gateway errors it will affect less people. Surely that's a simple temporary fix to implement?

Could you please stop trying to bring common sense into this. You know nobody will understand it.

So Can we now assume TV is unusable after 9pm,

Error 502 Ray ID: 3b77c618c98d49bb • 2017-11-02 14:27:19 UTC

Bad gateway

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

14 hours ago, poohy said:

So Can we now assume TV is unusable after 9pm,

Error 502 Ray ID: 3b77c618c98d49bb • 2017-11-02 14:27:19 UTC

Bad gateway

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

I logged in about 22:15 last night on the offchance that it was working and it was.

Maybe there has been a fix, temporary or not (who knows), or perhaps I was just lucky.

If it was a fix, then thank you TD. If it was luck I must go and buy some lottery tickets.

:smile:  :sorry:

Previously: The reason the site stops working at about 9pm is because it is doing some kind of routine indexing.

Me: Any chance you can change the time of this indexing to an off-peak period?

Obviously not.

Personally I'm not in the slightest bit bothered the forum doesn't work properly. I'm just curious as to why it takes so long to fix things.

Screenshot_20171101-212544.png

Snap. From last night

Error 502 Ray ID: 3b98b388fc8949cd • 2017-11-06 14:21:48 UTC

Bad gateway

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

This page (https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare | Hide this Alert

Now ain't that a strange thing.

Many people have reported it and still it happens at about the same time most dats.

Archived