Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on the site last night around 21:00 and it seemed to be OK.

I looked at 1 of only 4 notifications and decided to reply.

OK so far and at 21:22 I posted a response using the submit button.

The response was predictable as I got the 500 error, so I dumped Thai Visa and went to other sites with NO problems at all and a fast response time.

Just now, billd766 said:

I was on the site last night around 21:00 and it seemed to be OK.

I looked at 1 of only 4 notifications and decided to reply.

OK so far and at 21:22 I posted a response using the submit button.

The response was predictable as I got the 500 error, so I dumped Thai Visa and went to other sites with NO problems at all and a fast response time.

What time zone?

TD

3 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hmm, I get a pretty fast response from my location. Notifications load ok too, not instant takes a second to load.

I know why we get the too many connections, its due to the sitemap creation its too intensive at the moment, I have asked invision to look at it again

TD

image.png

With respect TD, if TVF has paid Invision for this piece of junk then TVF got seen off if they paid more than 20 baht for it.

If this is the best that Invision can do as a supplier I suggest that TVF goes back to the the supplier that they used before and take Invision to the courts for failing to supply what they had offered.

To submit the 5 lines of text above took 17 seconds at 12:51 on 27th October 2017.

5 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

What time zone?

TD

As TVF provides info about LOS to all corners of the planet then time zones are immaterial...TVF Tech knows only their site has a problem...Long  time posters have been telling you for yonks and we do not understand why it cannot be fixed...It's just daft.....I can read   forums  from all over the planet with no probs at any time....TVF money guys should sort it as new readers won't bother looking at loading hangups etc here..

51 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

What time zone?

TD

Bangkok

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park.

I use a 3BB 30/10 link but not a fibre link.

I have just run an ADSL speed test to Singapore and an Ookla test to a different server in Singapore. I saved them both but I cannot attach them probably for the same reason that I cannot attach any photograph either. Nor have I been able to for over 2 weeks now.

What I have managed to do is copy and paste the ADSL speed test below.

The only time in the past few years I have has worse service than this was when I was using a DTAC mobile and EDGE,

ทดสอบความเร็วอินเตอร์เนตด้วย ADSLThailand Speedtest Report

สถิติความเร็วของ Broadband ในไทย

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no idea of what you mean with "sitemap creation its too intensive at the moment" but could it be something to do with what I said a while back- TVF is just trying to do too much? The problems seem to have started with the increase in the things we are not allowed to comment on, and got worse as more features and subforums have been added.

Don't know about others, but I was happy with the site some years ago, as long as I could get info about Thailand and sometimes pass the time chatting on the social sites.

All quiet on the eastern front, i.e. I'm not swearing at the monitor, today. Certainly not espresso but heading that way . . . Americano, almost.

I logged on at 21:00 last night and by 21:15 I kept waiting for my notifications to appear and got fed up of waiting so I dropped the forum and tried again.

After trying for 5 minutes just to get on the site I picked 5 other sites at random and they all logged in virtually straight away.

To me that means that my computer is working OK, my 3BB internet connection is working OK and Thai Visa has not got any better.

I logged in this morning at 11:30 and so far (touch wood) it is still working.

How long it will last I have no idea.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, lopburi3 said:

And do you have to do that on other sites?  Not in my experience.  This site is very erratic and this is nothing new (but has been much worse as of late).  It is not something that can be blamed on internet (other than the load these pages put on it with advertising calls)  When these were not required site was lightning fast and expect individuals speeds may be influenced more by these calls Google Ads and to other sites than for data download directly from TV server.

"And do you have to do that on other sites?  Not in my experience.  This site is very erratic and this is nothing new (but has been much worse as of late).  It is not something that can be blamed on internet" 

Agree 100%.

Edit - in addition to the speed/'notifications' frequently needing to be closed and re-started, and all the other problems mentioned - I also get 'the site is not responding' messages (or words to that effect).

27 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Why ubonjoe does it have to be other peoples conections or internet speed. The site is terrible. Making excuses like that in no way helps the issue. For the rcord my internet speed is 76.7 every other site bar non  including international servers i log into loads instantaneously but not this one. 

MIDFO

I agree with you.

Judging by the number of complaints and the time period that this has been going on there is a problem with the site itself.

You, me and everybody else who are complaining are in different places, using different internet suppliers and different types of connections yet the only common point IS the site.

The problem started a few weeks ago with an upgrade which didn't work properly and the TD was running around fixing the problems one at a time with patches which mostly worked though some didn't.

To me it means that what TVF wanted and paid for was not properly tested in the first place and still had/has bugs in it. TD says that he has since found what may be one the problems but he shouldn't have to be running around fixing snags after all this time.

It should have been working straight out of the box yet it obviously wasn't and still isn't.

I logged on to TVF at 20:30 last night and it was OK until 21:16 when I tried to access my notifications once again.

Just as before the little white worm kept turning its circle and I waited 5 minutes before closing TVF. Also as usual I was unable to log back in though in the bottom left of the screen I got the message

"performing a TLS handshake with Thai Visa Form"

I have no idea what it means, but whilst my pc wanted to shake hands with TVF, TVF did not want to be my friend.

TD I have given you all the information that I have other than I take size 11 in sandals.

Is that not enough information for you to seach for the problem?

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I logged on to TVF at 20:30 last night and it was OK until 21:16 when I tried to access my notifications once again.

Just as before the little white worm kept turning its circle and I waited 5 minutes before closing TVF. Also as usual I was unable to log back in though in the bottom left of the screen I got the message

"performing a TLS handshake with Thai Visa Form"

I have no idea what it means, but whilst my pc wanted to shake hands with TVF, TVF did not want to be my friend.

TD I have given you all the information that I have other than I take size 11 in sandals.

Is that not enough information for you to seach for the problem?

Additionally, posting a 'like' frequently takes a few attempts (e.g. it took 3 attempts to 'like' your post).

But to look on the bright side, whilst the loading of pages/posting replies and opening 'responses' is still far slower than any other website - it's nowhere near as bad today as it has been previously.  Touch wood, fingers crossed etc. :laugh:

33 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Additionally, posting a 'like' frequently takes a few attempts (e.g. it took 3 attempts to 'like' your post).

But to look on the bright side, whilst the loading of pages/posting replies and opening 'responses' is still far slower than any other website - it's nowhere near as bad today as it has been previously.  Touch wood, fingers crossed etc. :laugh:

That is true so far and today has been OK but!!!

There is always a but, what will happen if I try working TVF tonight?

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

That is true so far and today has been OK but!!!

There is always a but, what will happen if I try working TVF tonight?

Same time, same place, same spot on the dial and what a surprise,

The same problem'

I was replying to a post by sawadeeken and I couldn't submit it, clear my notifications or do anything except dump TVF and try to comeback to the site.

"performing a TLS handshake with Thai Visa Form"  was what I got and nowt else.

Memo to self, forget TVF after 9pm daily.

27 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I also notice that we have returned to like only instead of react. Was this the problem?

The others are there but you can only see the names. Hover the mouse pointer over like and move it to the left and you will see the 3 others.

image.png.9a2a8fc0aa0066791822eccc8c2aeccb.png

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Same time, same place, same spot on the dial and what a surprise,

The same problem'

I was replying to a post by sawadeeken and I couldn't submit it, clear my notifications or do anything except dump TVF and try to comeback to the site.

"performing a TLS handshake with Thai Visa Form"  was what I got and nowt else.

Memo to self, forget TVF after 9pm daily.

Fool that I am I tried again last night around 21:00.

About the usual time TVF crashed on me once again though with a 522 error this time.

Error 522 Ray ID: 3b5f136f1a8049e5 • 2017-10-30 14:31:33 UTC

Connection timed out

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

What more information from how many people is required before the problem goes away.

TVF is the only site that I use that I have a problem with.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Fool that I am I tried again last night around 21:00.

About the usual time TVF crashed on me once again though with a 522 error this time.

Error 522 Ray ID: 3b5f136f1a8049e5 • 2017-10-30 14:31:33 UTC

Connection timed out

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

What more information from how many people is required before the problem goes away.

TVF is the only site that I use that I have a problem with.

Yes, very slow, again, today. I think someone's trying to pull the wool over TD's eyes for the problem to have lasted so long with so little by way of solution.

Archived