Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blackcab said:

500 Error Again.

Does anyone know why things are so slow?

Screenshot_20171025-211856.png

This same error occurs for me every time I post pretty much. Error 500 too many connections. I'm getting too scared to post anything through fear of rejection.

33 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm getting too scared to post anything through fear of rejection.

Let's not get paranoïd; error 500 is a very general error signalling that "something" is wrong on the server side. It is not issued by the TV moderation.

5 hours ago, balo said:

So lets just get used to it ? 

Not on your Nelly! . . . mines a little better today but maybe that's 'cos everyone's at the local Amphoes for the big-screen coverage.

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Not on your Nelly! . . . mines a little better today but maybe that's 'cos everyone's at the local Amphoes for the big-screen coverage.

Mine was better last night (25th October) about 8:30 pm and it seems OK at 11:30 this morning, but see Ossy's post above.

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Mine was better last night (25th October) about 8:30 pm and it seems OK at 11:30 this morning, but see Ossy's post above.

Still half decent but that's how yesterday went, ultimately ending on a total 'error' shut-down. There must still be a gremlin in the works - a tacko, maybe . . . they clogged up my printer the other day! - and, if TD can't sort it, we'll have to consider telling him who is "working exceptionally hard" to fix everything, 'fix' being the operative word, here. Only joking, TD :smile:

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

Mustn't shout too soon, but mine has quite suddenly shaken off the lead shackles and is respectably responsive. [Thinks: like I used to be, back when]

Yippeee I just got a new (to me) thaivisa error.

Error 520
Web server is returning an unknown error

You -Browser - working
Singapore - Cloudfare - working
www.thaivisa.com - Host - Error

Edit to add it appeared again when submitting this post.

same here followed by the normal evening 500 error

Error 520 Ray ID: 3b3e0b0ebc1249b5 • 2017-10-26 14:18:09 UTC

Web server is returning an unknown error

You

Browser

Working

Bangkok

Cloudflare

Working

www.thaivisa.com

Host

Error

And right now : 

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Too many connections

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just got that 500 error too. What is going on?????????????????????????

It's all your fault, TBL, for starting all this dissatisfaction at not being able to see what each other is up to, our privacy, you might say. TVF was making us expose just a little too much, at times, donecha think?

Just joking, but on the 'error 500' issue, got it and left the site alone, late-ish on Wed eve; was generally good, yesterday, at around a 60% user satisfaction (mine!) rating. Today, it's back to 50 or worse. I suggested to TD that it could be a tacko in the works, but he's not come back to me on that one.

52 minutes ago, transam said:

I got a 520 this morning...When I got "in" all seems OK except the notifications wurly thing tries to hypnotise me with it's longevity and posting says "saving" for a while....:stoner:

Exactly like this, with me NOW, after a promising start, earlier

51 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They seem to have downgraded from a Commodore64 to a Vic20 server.:smile:

220px-C64c_system.jpgvic20_ad.jpg

They'd be better borrowing a server from 7-eleven. They're lightning quick . . . smiley, too :smile:

Hmm, I get a pretty fast response from my location. Notifications load ok too, not instant takes a second to load.

I know why we get the too many connections, its due to the sitemap creation its too intensive at the moment, I have asked invision to look at it again

TD

image.png

23 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hmm, I get a pretty fast response from my location. Notifications load ok too, not instant takes a second to load.

I am a little perplexed as well as to why people are having problems with pages loading and such since I don't see it.

The only reason I can think of is their internet connection. Perhaps a problem with the bandwidth available and/or connection speed. 

I wonder if the loading of new notifications is due having a bunch of them pending. The only notifications I get is reactions and PM's since they are the only ones I have selected in my notification settings.

I have found that if it is spinning a little longer than I like I cancel it and click again and the immediately load.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am a little perplexed as well as to why people are having problems with pages loading and such since I don't see it.

The only reason I can think of is their internet connection. Perhaps a problem with the bandwidth available and/or connection speed. 

I wonder if the loading of new notifications is due having a bunch of them pending. The only notifications I get is reactions and PM's since they are the only ones I have selected in my notification settings.

I have found that if it is spinning a little longer than I like I cancel it and click again and the immediately load.

Don't think in my case it is connection speed because l have no ploblems with any other site, none.Videos etc also no ploblems, all instant..

39 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

I know why we get the too many connections, its due to the sitemap creation its too intensive at the moment, I have asked invision to look at it again

TD

image.png

TD, my response time is as bad as ever, this page of yours taking 1 min:7 secs to open. Once I've looked at my reacted and quoted notifns, I'll leave the site and perhaps call in, later, depending on how my digging is going.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

And do you have to do that on other sites?  Not in my experience.  This site is very erratic and this is nothing new (but has been much worse as of late).  It is not something that can be blamed on internet (other than the load these pages put on it with advertising calls)  When these were not required site was lightning fast and expect individuals speeds may be influenced more by these calls Google Ads and to other sites than for data download directly from TV server.

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

TD

image.png

I have no idea of what you mean with "sitemap creation its too intensive at the moment" but could it be something to do with what I said a while back- TVF is just trying to do too much? The problems seem to have started with the increase in the things we are not allowed to comment on, and got worse as more features and subforums have been added.

Don't know about others, but I was happy with the site some years ago, as long as I could get info about Thailand and sometimes pass the time chatting on the social sites.

Archived