Why do you read or post on TV? Is it for the same reasons as when you first started?

inThailand

This is my first post, though a member of Thai Visa for many years. Have spent extended periods of time in Thailand since 1994. Having lived the highs and super heavy "bad things" in LOS no illusions. I love reading every morning forum comments, amazed at the recurring themes of men's whinging on Thai girls. As if Thai girls are so different..Great info from intelligent people. Thai Visa never fails to bring a smile to my face. With all it's faults I still love Thailand. Life and time brings changes but take the best and discard judgement. Probably first and last post.Health and happiness to all.

Crossy ........ I chuckled out loud at your answer (grammar). Good one. 

I joined TVF about 3 years ago. I can honestly say I am addicted to it. My time is still split between Thailand and Canada but it makes me proud when my many digital Thai friends comment that I know more about what's going on in Thailand than most Thais do. I agree. And my vast knowledge can only be attributed to my avid reading of TVF. That includes the <deleted> and the belligerent argumentative, unhappy Farangs who would say a beautiful blue sky was black on a bright sunny day. 

Sure would be nice though if more members would take a moment to proof read their work before hitting send. It would definitely aid all readers. 

So TVF, thank you for making me a little more knowledgable each day. 

On 9/19/2017 at 7:52 AM, habanero said:

I read with amazement how persons without any "dog in the hunt" put their 2 cents in on a matter that has absolutely no bearing on their life. Or how they really think they are going to change someone else's mind or opinion with their anger filled comments. 

I also get a rise out of the fact that many are so ignorant on certain subjects they think that plagiarism from Google is going to make them sound intelligent.

To sum it up, I read it for pure entertainment value. 

:clap2:

I like to read news stories about Thailand .

I like to get to hear about what really happened .

When theres a story involving the RTP , I always wonder whether theres more to the story than what has been reported .

Then I come to TV to read posters views .

I get the insdie information here .

*The brown envelope wasnt big enough"

When I read a story involving the RTP , I always wonder, *Was the brown envelope big enough*

And a TV posters always inform me that is wasnt

On 9/28/2017 at 2:06 PM, oldgent said:

I first joined to get information on life in Thailand from expats and experts

i soon learned to separate genuine info from mickey taken members.

I think those in control of Thai visa need to lighten up and take the finger off the

remove button, after all its for the members entertainment.

Couldn't agree more mate, too much micro management and political correctness

On 28/09/2017 at 7:50 PM, pigeonjake said:

please point out to me in all the years ive been on here where i have had a go at thai bashing.

and what gives you the idea i teach english,? im a welding inspector currently at work,

ive never ever said or proclaimed to be better then anyone ever, and another thing i have openly explained why i cant spell many time, so you want to keep having a go at me if it make you feel better, crack on

I come to see two posters have a girly fight, scratching and nipple twisting each other.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:31 AM, inThailand said:

Why do many Thaivisa readers and posters spend so much time on here?

Is it for the same reason(s) as when you first visited this website?

Do you spend more time before or now?

I first came on TVF to warn about a scam on Phangan and continued using it because the information subforums are excellent. The political subforums used to be fun, though that has changed, so I don't post on them anymore.

As for the rest of the non information subforums, they are a way of filling in the day, but not to be taken seriously. Whatever we write today is usually forgotten tomorrow.