Deep-linking Travel Websites...

jezchesters

Hi - not sure whether this is in the right section of the forum...

A colleague of mine back in the UK is setting up a website based around Thailand and all things Thai (obviously I can't be too specific)

Although he is not a registered Travel Agent, I have seen similar websites which have flight, hotel, car-hire etc search forms which are 'deep-linked' to another Travel Agent's site (eg Opodo, Expedia etc). This means that commission may be earnt without inconveniencing the customer by sending them to another site through a clickable banner.

I don't suppose anyone has any experince in this field and, if so, any recommendations for affiliate programmes which provide for this type of 'deep-linking' rather than the standard clickable banners?

Thanks in advance

Jez

PS - apologies if this should be in the Business or Travel Forums...

A colleague of mine back in the UK is setting up a website based around Thailand and all things Thai (obviously I can't be too specific)

Although he is not a registered Travel Agent, I have seen similar websites which have flight, hotel, car-hire etc search forms which are 'deep-linked' to another Travel Agent's site (eg Opodo, Expedia etc). This means that commission may be earnt without inconveniencing the customer by sending them to another site through a clickable banner.

I don't suppose anyone has any experince in this field and, if so, any recommendations for affiliate programmes which provide for this type of 'deep-linking' rather than the standard clickable banners?

Thanks in advance

Jez

Many of the larger affiliate networks offer this, I think expedia uses CJ.com also look at tradedoubler.com

Best bet is to sign up for an advertiser if you only see formats such as banners, just get in touch with the network

XML feeds etc... are available but sometimes you just need to ask

Thanks in advance

Jez

Many of the larger affiliate networks offer this, I think expedia uses CJ.com also look at tradedoubler.com

Best bet is to sign up for an advertiser if you only see formats such as banners, just get in touch with the network

XML feeds etc... are available but sometimes you just need to ask

Cheers for the info Remo!