Ex-PAD leaders slapped with Bt522m siege bill

webfact

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't be silly. Building can't self combust. The courts have not determined the perpetrators. Could be the red shirts, military provocateurs or even the owners of the buildings. Who know without direct evidence and conviction. Those circumstantial evidence of speeches have no legal links to the burning. The courts need direct not cicumstantial evidence nor your version. Goes the same for the black shirts which were military renegades albeit my version. 

Too bad that the courts have identified blackshirts as redshirts and I have proven more then a few news articles to prove that. They only did not prove those were the shooters.. but they did prove that those redshirts were blackshirs.

You try to find excuses also for the burning.. occam's razor would say it were the redshirts... sure you believe differently.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't be silly. Building can't self combust. The courts have not determined the perpetrators. Could be the red shirts, military provocateurs or even the owners of the buildings. Who know without direct evidence and conviction. Those circumstantial evidence of speeches have no legal links to the burning. The courts need direct not cicumstantial evidence nor your version. Goes the same for the black shirts which were military renegades albeit my version. 

True to form aren't you? The court has not identified the individuals involved, but the group involved is obvious to all except you and a few other red apologists. I have no doubt that when the UDD mercenary agitators face court one of the charges will be inciting arson. But just for a giggle, who do you think are the real arsonists?

1 minute ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Yes, I would agree that it is more intricate than simply Yellow vs Red. Honestly though, I do think that plays a very big part, and that makes me feel sad for Thailand. The country so desperately wants to be taken seriously as a modern, developed country (whatever that means), but will never be seen as such as long as its justice system churns out nonsense like this case. 

"And you miss, conveniently, that these accused have been hit with big fines and have yet to face the criminal court."

Actually, this is the one that leaps out at me the most. Traditionally, civil cases take longer than criminal ones, mainly because not as many resources and assets are deployed in support of them. Yes, a bit weird, but the criminal side is "sexier". However, my original point remains. The PAD occupied the airport several years before the Yingluck government took power, yet her case was finished before this one has really begun. How can one look at that and say that they are being treated equally? And this is not the only time things like this have occurred. I find the call of "Double Standard!!!" about as irritating as you, but I can't argue with the evidence.

If Thailand ever wants to get past the political divide, it needs to have a functioning, respected system of justice. That is still a ways off in the future...

Cheers

Indeed. We all get worked up and irritated because we've been brought up to believe in justice! And in most of our home countries that's the case most of the time.

But just look at how many cases, criminal, civil, involving politicians or not, simply fade away. Whereas others get swiftly dealt with and severe sentences imposed.

The progress of cases here can take an eternity, or be fast tracked. So many variables decide that - all part of that richness known as "Thainess".

Something we will never understand or find palatable.

I totally agree, and have commented the same on many posts. A robust effective efficient fair to all, impartial justice system is a must before democracy and real progress can flourish. But in a country where most people polled think corruption is acceptable, that's highly unlikely!

Cheers.

Just now, robblok said:

Too bad that the courts have identified blackshirts as redshirts and I have proven more then a few news articles to prove that. They only did not prove those were the shooters.. but they did prove that those redshirts were blackshirs.

You try to find excuses also for the burning.. occam's razor would say it were the redshirts... sure you believe differently.

Don't disagree on that. Blackshirts moved around Redshirt camp and claimed fighting for them. So blackshirts as you claimed were red shirts ally but more importantly were the red shirts also black shirts? Both have different ideology and agenda. 

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

True to form aren't you? The court has not identified the individuals involved, but the group involved is obvious to all except you and a few other red apologists. I have no doubt that when the UDD mercenary agitators face court one of the charges will be inciting arson. But just for a giggle, who do you think are the real arsonists?

The courts have spoken and opinion counts for nothing. I am law abiding like you, right?

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't disagree on that. Blackshirts moved around Redshirt camp and claimed fighting for them. So blackshirts as you claimed were red shirts ally but more importantly were the red shirts also black shirts? Both have different ideology and agenda. 

No what i saw in the articles is that some black shirts (not all are identified of course) were actually red shirts. Only they could not link them to shootings as its hard to differentiate between one backshirt to an an other. (masked you know). So some were actual redshirts with same agenda. Could there be others.. sure but the ones caught were red shirts.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

No what i saw in the articles is that some black shirts (not all are identified of course) were actually red shirts. Only they could not link them to shootings as its hard to differentiate between one backshirt to an an other. (masked you know). So some were actual redshirts with same agenda. Could there be others.. sure but the ones caught were red shirts.

The black shirt leader Seh Daeng was a thorn in the military and suspended for his acts including firing into a military barrack. His angst have always with the military especially a certain clique. He was more radical and advocated a hardline approach to the red shirt leaders but were rebuffed. They don't share ideology nor agenda. Perhaps explained the death of Col Romklao who was a rising star and chosen one 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The black shirt leader Seh Daeng was a thorn in the military and suspended for his acts including firing into a military barrack. His angst have always with the military especially a certain clique. He was more radical and advocated a hardline approach to the red shirt leaders but were rebuffed. They don't share ideology nor agenda. Perhaps explained the death of Col Romklao who was a rising star and chosen one 

The court acquitted Ranarit Suricha, Chamnarn Phakeechai, and Punika Chusri for want of evidence Tuesday morning. Two other defendants, Kittisak Soomsri and Preecha Yooyen, were found guilty of firearm charges and sentenced to 10 years in prison each.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/01/31/blackshirt-suspects-acquitted-court-returned-jail/

BANGKOK — The Redshirt activist who went missing after he was arrested by soldiers last week has reappeared as a suspect accused of murdering soldiers and demonstrators during the mass Redshirt protests in 2010.

Kittisak Soomsri, 47, was detained by the military on 5 September and held at an undisclosed location, his family claimed. However, the military denied having him in their custody, according to a report by the US-based Human Rights Watch (HRW).

So I have just proven that A redshirt activist was a blackshirt and was convicted for arms stuff. So your posts that the redshirts and the black shirts are not the same is groundless. They share the same ideology and are the same. 

So now try to disprove this Eric.. fact... backed up by links 

8 hours ago, baboon said:

But it is interesting: Are 'upstairs' prepared to throw their (former) cheerleaders under the bus?

The bus company will miraculously decide to change the route shortly before that is due to happen!

26 minutes ago, robblok said:

The court acquitted Ranarit Suricha, Chamnarn Phakeechai, and Punika Chusri for want of evidence Tuesday morning. Two other defendants, Kittisak Soomsri and Preecha Yooyen, were found guilty of firearm charges and sentenced to 10 years in prison each.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/01/31/blackshirt-suspects-acquitted-court-returned-jail/

BANGKOK — The Redshirt activist who went missing after he was arrested by soldiers last week has reappeared as a suspect accused of murdering soldiers and demonstrators during the mass Redshirt protests in 2010.

Kittisak Soomsri, 47, was detained by the military on 5 September and held at an undisclosed location, his family claimed. However, the military denied having him in their custody, according to a report by the US-based Human Rights Watch (HRW).

So I have just proven that A redshirt activist was a blackshirt and was convicted for arms stuff. So your posts that the redshirts and the black shirts are not the same is groundless. They share the same ideology and are the same. 

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/tag/kritsuda-khunasen/

you mean this this case which the prosecutors were at sixes and sevens to nail them and the police chief backpedal on many of the charges? 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/tag/kritsuda-khunasen/

you mean this this case which the prosecutors were at sixes and sevens to nail them and the police chief backpedal on many of the charges? 

But got him convicted on the fire arms stuff and being a blackshirt. And he is a reshirt activist.. so they are one of the same. So I haven proven my point. 

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

how many deflecting excuses can thai leaders come up with ? 

how is public interest served by breaking the law, inciting thousands of others to do so ?  i always believed laws served the public interest;

how about the hundreds of thousands of travelers; chaos in the nearby area, uncertainty for international travelers, added , unanticipated expense for those travelers, total loss-of-face in their eyes for thailand's precious international image ( Bet a lot of them, the 'quality tourists', wont be back)

and last and least , discomfort for domestic travelers;

I'm trying to not be tiresome, but how about having to evacuate a hospital, do you think that may have been inconvenient? What about having an angry mob running amok in Pattaya forcing ASEAN leaders to flee in helicopters and beating a PM, no loss of face for Thailand there.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khattiya_Sawasdipol

On 14 January 2010, Army Commander Anupong Paochinda ordered a suspension of Khattiya Sawasdipol after an inquiry committee found that Khattiya had openly supported the DAAD, a political pressure group that called for new elections, which breached the principle that military officers do not openly take sides in politics.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khattiya_Sawasdipol

I followed Candide's link and had to laugh when I read this: the principle that military officers do not openly take sides in politics