Is it worth putting 'malwarebytes' app on my apple mac laptop

davidst01

Off course it´s worth have some kind of protection against virus, malware and all other things out in the virtual world.

Some say Mac´s can´t get infected, some say phones can´t get a virus. All is just BS. Any electronic and digital device that are connected to antother access or grid is vurnerable.

I haven’t used anything on my macs, only my windows work computer. Never any issues with the mac but some bugs on the windows stuff. My mother used macs since the mid-80’s for work and home and she’s never had any issues to my knowledge and never used any kind of antivirus, even on her work macs. 

If you’re looking at ‘dodgy’ content then try one of the reputable free scanners and see if anything comes up - obviously look out for scams. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Mac is over three years old and never had a problem with viruses.  As DaveBKK states, macOS does a nifty job in keeping your pride and joy protected.

OT - two weeks ago my 27" Mac display panel died a death.  AppleCare expired last July and was therefore facing quite a hefty bill for repair.  Phoned Apple and booked an appointment at the local Genius Bar.  The bill comes in at £581. Ouch!!  Anyway, Apple repaired it for free.  What a darn fine service.

I missed the Mac while it was in for repair and been slumming it on a PC for the last fortnight.  Was I happy to get the Mac back yesterday.   

• 1 month later...

i dont run Malwarebytes on my iMac which is now 6 ys old and my main pc, i did install the free version on my brand new MacBook pro a few months ago when i could not get rid of pop ups it seems to do the job when everything else failed.

Normally i would say there is no need for added protection as Apple do the job but a disturbing trend is now appearing with Apple, my iPhone7 is now on its 3rd or 4th update something is amiss the dam thing has a mind of its own im surprised no one here has said much about phone issues, the iMac is heading for its second update in a week... have Apple dropped the ball?