Thai youths batter Iranian tourist in Pattaya

webfact

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I disagree. Spent many fab years enjoying the nightlife of Pattaya, out all hours and often walking back home to hotel at hotel 5am.  Not one altercation or threat from any Thai males. Maybe I was lucky .......or maybe I never went looking for any problems or upsetting anyone and just enjoyed it for what it is. 

So because YOU and zillions don't have a prob this bloke must have made the prob with a zillion yobs.......

• Like 1

Prawit to TAT rep: They weren't supposed to let the drawbridge down until the NCPO had had chance to work on the P & O. Give 'em a chance . . . they've only had three-a-half-years.

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I disagree. Spent many fab years enjoying the nightlife of Pattaya, out all hours and often walking back home to hotel at hotel 5am.  Not one altercation or threat from any Thai males. Maybe I was lucky .......or maybe I never went looking for any problems or upsetting anyone and just enjoyed it for what it is. 

And I'll bet you don't look Iranian. The differing ways that foreigners are perceived is at the very heart of this news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Is that what I said? These instances are few and far between fortunately. If you ever went out and had a proper night out in Pattaya and saw how many people are enjoying the nightlife, you would realise people who come here have little  to fear.

Yes of course there are incidents same as any other large city where people are consuming large quantities of alcohol. I feel no more vulnerable than I would in many parts of London. 

Reckon I have been reading here a lot longer than you....:sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I lived in Thailand for quite a few years with hardly any problems at night.  Same thing in the UK.  However that was then and not now.  No point just blaming the youth or young people of today because we are the parents of the young people today.  We are all responsible for where we are today

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No motive. Sure. They didn't like his looks :sleep:

I will add it to the collection of "Iranian" headlines from Thaivisa within a year:

Iranian Thief caught at Big C North Pattaya
Iranian's safe robbed as Thai hooker claims he didn't pay for play
Iranian boxer fined after getting 25 stitches in Khao San bar
Drunk Iranian is punched in Walking Street
Iranian wasn't drugged - Ali was just Baba!
Immigration arrest two Iranians in Walking Street for illegal activities
Wanted Iranian drug dealer nearly sent home
Iranian thought lady was a lady - but "extra tackle" experience cost him 5,000 baht
Citizens' arrest in Pattaya - alleged Iranian thief stopped

Two Iranians arrested for trying to extend stay on fake passports

Thank you KhungBENQ!      

i dont think this is typicle of pattaya, at all----we dont have witnesses to verify what DID actually happen ????

as somebody previously said---a tattooed " muscle man"??--  prancing around with no shirt on at 5am---a bit strange to me??

8 minutes ago, murraynz said:

i dont think this is typicle of pattaya, at all----we dont have witnesses to verify what DID actually happen ????

as somebody previously said---a tattooed " muscle man"??--  prancing around with no shirt on at 5am---a bit strange to me??

Strange a gang of yobs at that time....?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Is that what I said? These instances are few and far between fortunately. If you ever went out and had a proper night out in Pattaya and saw how many people are enjoying the nightlife, you would realise people who come here have little  to fear.

Yes of course there are incidents same as any other large city where people are consuming large quantities of alcohol. I feel no more vulnerable than I would in many parts of London. 

I normally agree with your posts, but really? :-

"These instances are few and far between fortunately."

Maybe in relation to the numbers of visitors, but barely a day goes when there is not a post on ThaiVisa noting  similar incidents of violence from Thais on farangs.

And I also feel safer here than parts of my hometown, but there again, I'm not in Pattaya!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Have you ever been to Pattaya?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai youths batter Iranian tourist in Pattaya

By The Nation

22089735_1669445863076341_1304992673613976166_n.jpg

Source: Facebook Sophon

PATTAYA: -- No motive has emerged over a gang attack on an Iranian tourist in Pattaya early Tuesday morning.

Police said Ali Khadem, 29, was bleeding profusely from a head injury when he ran up to a police booth on Soi Pattaya 13 in Tambon Nongplue in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district at 5am.

Khadem told police through an interpreter that four or five young Thais had beaten him up. He said one of them had struck him on the head with a bottle while the others punched and kicked him.

The visitor was taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital and rushed into intensive care.

Police detained two suspects, but they denied attacking the tourist.

CCTV camera recordings are being checked.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328338

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-03

nothing on tv today... lets have some good time with some faaaalllaaaaaaannnggg.... LOS at its best... welcome... the best location for your quality holiday and bring ur kids and dont forget the creditcard ( gold please) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

Typical Thai males. To weak-kneed to square up to others on a one to one basis. Always the safe option to get their pals.

Exactly right.. I seen a couple of fights and Thai guys come quickly running from 50 meters away to get a  elbow punch in,  or a kick in the head to the victim, even when he is lying on the ground..   then they disappear just as quickly...   

Guess you could say they look after their mates, uh !!    or just like a pack of hounds after a helpless fox ??? 

• Like 1

I saw a young guy get into a fist fight fight with two Iranians in pattaya. The Iranians were starting problems with everyone and happened to pick the wrong guy. The western put them both down as others in the bar bought him shots after the Iranians left bruised and bleeding. All the western guy got was a ripped shirt. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

I saw a young guy get into a fist fight fight with two Iranians in pattaya. The Iranians were starting problems with everyone and happened to pick the wrong guy. The western put them both down as others in the bar bought him shots after the Iranians left bruised and bleeding. All the western guy got was a ripped shirt. 

what are you talking about? how is your story related to this incidence?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, slippery snake said:

Exactly right.. I seen a couple of fights and Thai guys come quickly running from 50 meters away to get a  elbow punch in,  or a kick in the head to the victim, even when he is lying on the ground..   then they disappear just as quickly...   

Guess you could say they look after their mates, uh !!    or just like a pack of hounds after a helpless fox ??? 

why go to such a place where they are full of vengeance  and venom ready to spit it on the weak and unprotected?