Police seek to check DNA on disputed first-prize lottery tickets

rooster59

12 hours ago, puchooay said:

You mean like, how some forms are required at certain immigration offices but not others? Maybe that some need a residence certificate to get a drivers licence and others don't? Maybe the need for a syphilis test for a work permit in some labour offices but not others? Maybe the different fine amounts for driving offences depending where you are?

Yep. Everything is done here at a national level.

I was there. I saw the tickets. Were you that chap standing behind me when I bought them? I thought not. So you would not know.

Behave ! How on earth can you possibly think that the NATIONAL lottery has tickets made by every Tom,Dick and Harry in every village?

2 hours ago, pearciderman said:

Behave ! How on earth can you possibly think that the NATIONAL lottery has tickets made by every Tom,Dick and Harry in every village?

Not every village. That would be adsurd. As would having immigration and labour offices in every village. 

There clearly was something that went wrong though. Those that have lived here as long as I have will not be surprised by that. 

Even this thread had two different dates as to when the single tickets were introduced. I've asked 3 or 4 Thai friends about this and got 3 different answers. 

52 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Not every village. That would be adsurd. As would having immigration and labour offices in every village. 

There clearly was something that went wrong though. Those that have lived here as long as I have will not be surprised by that. 

Even this thread had two different dates as to when the single tickets were introduced. I've asked 3 or 4 Thai friends about this and got 3 different answers. 

From an earlier thread:-

BANGKOK: -- New size of lottery tickets will be put on sale for the September 1 draw at 80-baht apiece instead of 80-baht for two pieces in one ticket as is the case of the current lottery.

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-lottery-tickets-september-1-draw/