Change Province Change Primary Bank?

When or if you have ever moved provinces did you also change your primary bank to that of your new province?

When I mean primary I mean the bank where you first opened your account. The actual physical bank address where account was opened.

When I moved provinces I opened a new (additional) account with the same bank I used in Bangkok but at a branch in the new province.  It was simple enough to do.  I didn't bother closing my original account in Bangkok.

I opened the new account because there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to whether or not the local branch could and would be willing to write the necessary 800,000 baht confirmation letter for my visa extension of stay, and that I might need to go to Bangkok for the letter.  So I played safe and opened the additional local account and now use it for extensions of stay purposes.

Edit: You can't move an existing account to a different branch.

Edited by Horatio Poke

You can't "transfer'" your account from one branch to another, within or outside a bank's region.   You'll need to open a new account with a local branch if you want your primary account to be located at a nearby branch.