Utter carnage! Gravel truck driver loses control smashing up 38 vehicles

webfact

Utter carnage! Gravel truck driver loses control smashing up 38 vehicles

3.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

A gravel truck out of control caused severe damage in Saraburi yesterday ramming into dozens of parked cars, pick-ups and motorcycles in one of the worst pile-ups of the year.

But only the driver of the ten wheel truck was injured as the other vehicles were empty of people.

1.jpg

The accident happened outside a large chicken processing plant on the Pra Lan to Ban Khrua road in Phraphuttabaht district of the central Thai province.

Four pick-ups, 8 cars and 26 motorcycles were damaged with some completely destroyed.

2.jpg

In addition the fence of the processing plant and two power poles were 

badly damaged.

A video showed the efforts of rescue workers to free driven Wanchai Meejetana, 34, a local to the area. He was later taken to hospital with severe injuries.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-10

Same ol, same ol.......

Nobody inspects these commercial rigs (should be done a couple times a day), and anyone can get behind the wheel.

Actually I don't know what the requirements are here for a commercial license & if there's different classes of them. Other side of the planet it would require a class A for a rig like that. Anyone have knowledge of this?

Miracle no one else was injured!

7 minutes ago, r136dg said:

Same ol, same ol.......

Nobody inspects these commercial rigs (should be done a couple times a day), and anyone can get behind the wheel.

Actually I don't know what the requirements are here for a commercial license & if there's different classes of them. Other side of the planet it would require a class A for a rig like that. Anyone have knowledge of this?

I think you have to be Thai to get a licence to drive them...

43 minutes ago, mark01 said:

Not carnage then was it?

Definition:

car·nage
noun: carnage
  1. the killing of a large number of people.

Just so, early 17th century: from French, from Italian carnaggio, from medieval Latin carnaticum, from Latin caro, carn- ‘flesh.’
Seven years of Latin study so I can post in TV. 
:shock1:
I wonder if they checked into what his last meal was.

1 hour ago, alant said:
1 hour ago, r136dg said:

Same ol, same ol.......

I think you have to be Thai to get a licence to drive them...

I just Googled "truck wreck" and pressed the "images" button and out of the first 100 images that came up, none of them were from Thailand.  Some of them were pretty spectacular, but none from Thailand.

13 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

I guess he will not get insurance in the future.

The several million Baht question is, did he have any insurance at the time of the accident and if so, does it cover 3rd party damage!