Thai family's weekend in hell as "famous department store" new staff attack with guns and clubs

webfact

Thai family's weekend in hell as "famous department store" new staff attack with guns and clubs

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai family hoping for a pleasant few days at the beach had their weekend wrecked when a group of "engineers" came in to their property with guns and pistol whipped one of their party claiming he had reported them to the police for making noise.

Shots were aimed at the house and a pregnant woman and young child were left terrified as they cowered locked in a back room.

The men were all new staff on an activity camp to induct them into their jobs. They are staff at a "well known department store at the Pathumwan intersection" in Bangkok.

Thai Rath did not name the store but quoted the full story of relatives of the family posted on Facebook under the name of "Fay Fayfunky".

The post said that the family arrived at Jao Samran beach on Friday evening. There is a beach by this name some 20 kilometers north of Cha-Am but the exact location was not specified.

The family experienced a lot of noise during the day and evening but said nothing as this is a common feature of such gatherings.

At one point a little girl of 4 in the family was taking pictures and came back to the house to say she was told not to film anyone out on the beach. Still the family kept their feelings to themselves.

But when the party of men next door wanted to set up a booze party on Saturday night and were encroaching on the neighbor's property a manager went out to complain and tempers started to get frayed.

Later the sound of bikes were heard revving on the roadside of the neighbor's property and then on Sunday morning things turned very nasty.

Shots were fired in the direction of the house. One of the family had gone out and was made to kneel on the ground with a gun to his head as 4 or 5 men threatened him.

A pregnant woman and the child were called on the phone to lock themselves in their room as there was trouble outside.

Police were alerted and arrived some ten minutes later.

It is believed only one arrest was made though they are investigating and the family hope others will be arrested shortly. The family had to stay over until today to help with the gathering of further evidence.

The post said that guns, clubs and ganga were all found in the property next door.

The family said they had no problem with the department store but complained that they had just wanted a quiet weekend away and the actions of the men had terrified them and ruined their holiday.

They questioned what society was coming to when a family cannot have a quiet holiday in peace.

Thai Rath did not report what the police had done in the matter and no contact to confirm the story was reported.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-16

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

They questioned what society was coming to when a family cannot have a quiet holiday in peace.

Boggles the mind.

Last time I was in Timbuktu Surin the funeral next door BLARED out nonsense for days on end.

It had no sooner ended than a wedding kicked off, BLARING nonsense for days.

Authorities here have lost control, in Pattaya guns are rampant and the noise pollution from entertainment complexes (especially in Thai areas) going on into the early morning anywhere from 4am to 7am blaring out loud music, then we have the childish idiots on scooters that think it's cool to remove the effective parts of their exhaust - it has reached the point now were at least 1 in 5 scooters that pass my residence in the small hours have removed their exhaust and take great childish pleasure in making as much noise as possible

Yes Thailand a top class holiday destination......not

I think a lot of the gun crime is coming from individuals who used to play the "I am redshirt card" have to now go it alone and feel the need to form up their own gangs or join others to feel powerful

The authorities don't seem to have an answer for this and are doing little to stop it. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

. They are staff at a "well known department store at the Pathumwan intersection" in Bangkok.

Curiosity got the better of me.

The only famous department store at Pathumwan intersection would be Tokyu Dept store in  MBK centre, as Siam Paragon is further away.

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

Authorities here have lost control, in Pattaya guns are rampant and the noise pollution from entertainment complexes (especially in Thai areas) going on into the early morning anywhere from 4am to 7am blaring out loud music, then we have the childish idiots on scooters that think it's cool to remove the effective parts of their exhaust - it has reached the point now were at least 1 in 5 scooters that pass my residence in the small hours have removed their exhaust and take great childish pleasure in making as much noise as possible

I think a lot of the gun crime is coming from individuals who used to play the "I am redshirt card" have to now go it alone and feel the need to form up their own gangs or join others to feel powerful

The authorities don't seem to have an answer for this and are doing little to stop it. 

Yes Thailand   Pattaya a top class holiday destination......not

A bit like saying England is a lousy tourist destination because of places like Blackpool, Skegness and Ramsgate etc.

"They questioned what society was coming to when a family cannot have a quiet holiday in peace."

Agree and I question why this department store undertook this activity.  No doubt they would say 'team building'.

The reality is that for decades Thai companies conducted things like 'company sports day', 'walk rally day' and more thinking that it had a big motivational effect on staff. But these activities had a strong decline when the companies involved realized the motivational effect lasted maybe 24 hours and nothing more.

Further, such activities with free flow of alcohol just implants the idea that company / on-the-job booz ups are approved by the company and are OK, even funded by the company. Long-term not a good move.

Also, why are all the young men sitting neatly in rows with no shirts?  Is this story genuine?

Edited by scorecard

15 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

A bit like saying England is a lousy tourist destination because of places like Blackpool, Skegness and Ramsgate etc.

The UK might be heading in the wrong direction for various reason but one thing is clear when you compare it to Thailand - it is not a lawless society and has an effective police force that actually do their jobs as best as humanly possible, and I will keep pushing and pushing this point as long as I have a means to do so, Thailand just doesn't come close in fact they are not even in the same century

1 minute ago, cmsally said:

if it's is engineers then it would be none other than the students from Pathumwan Technical College, having a quiet weekend away at the beach ! They have something of a reputation !!

Beat me to it. Just read the computer generated translation of the original article and it sounds very much like these guys are tech. students who, like you say, have a reputation for violence. Another "lost in translation" problem with a Thai Rath article.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The men were all new staff on an activity camp to induct them into their jobs. They are staff at a "well known department store at the Pathumwan intersection" in Bangkok.

One can only hope that after this shameful behavior, bring shame and disrepute to the department store, and Thailand in general, that being fired, should be the least of their problems

or is bringing disrepute, an enterprise largely reserved for foreigners?

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Blackpool is not bad out of season but point taken

51 minutes ago, cmsally said:

if it's is engineers then it would be none other than the students from Pathumwan Technical College, having a quiet weekend away at the beach ! They have something of a reputation !!

Couldn't be engineers, Thailand doesn't have any. They only have people who call themselves engineers but have no idea what a real engineer is.

Edited by gandalf12

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Oddly enough, Ramsgate actually gets a Blue Flag Award, for its main beach, although I'd agree that the town itself is quirky !

https://www.thebeachguide.co.uk/south-east-england/kent/main-sands-ramsgate.htm

THE NOISE, THE VIOLENCE, THE PISTOL WHIPPING, THE THREATS TO FAMILY AND LIFE, THE BULLETS FIRED AT THE HOUSE AND THE HIGH RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM OR EVEN MURDER/DEATH BY BULLET ARE WORTH WHAT????

Maybe a 500bht fine and a high Wai ?!?!   :sorry:

I hope they weren't smoking on the beach because that would be a year in jail and up to 100,000 bht fine. :welcomeani:

(Thailand priorities!)

I hope to read differently and that I am proved wrong, this sort of violence deserves proper punishment!!!

1 hour ago, smedly said:

The UK might be heading in the wrong direction for various reason but one thing is clear when you compare it to Thailand - it is not a lawless society and has an effective police force that actually do their jobs as best as humanly possible, and I will keep pushing and pushing this point as long as I have a means to do so, Thailand just doesn't come close in fact they are not even in the same century

I agree with you but just like in the UK, foreigners don't have to live there if the way of life in Britain offends them.  There are plenty of places in the UK outside of Blackpool etc. that have a completely different lifestyle so the people who settle in Blackpool only live there because that is what they want.  To choose to live in Pattaya means that that is the lifestyle you want.  If not then move.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Where the authorities who are supposed to enforce the law have no respect then the result is KAOS.

3 hours ago, nausea said:

Beat me to it. Just read the computer generated translation of the original article and it sounds very much like these guys are tech. students who, like you say, have a reputation for violence. Another "lost in translation" problem with a Thai Rath article.

Lost in translation, I would suggest "just lost". 

5 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Couldn't be engineers, Thailand doesn't have any. They only have people who call themselves engineers but have no idea what a real engineer is.

An engineer is someone who operates an engine.

So almost everybody is an engineer sometime, somehow...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The men were all new staff on an activity camp to induct them into their jobs. 

One of the family had gone out and was made to kneel on the ground with a gun to his head as 4 or 5 men threatened him.

One has to wonder just what they think their jobs in a department store will involve? And if they were being inducted, someone should have been in charge.

re noise, just moved to JOMTIEN , why do these a. holes have to rock up on a weekend in their lowered pick up trucks and annoy the whole neighbourhood by playing their crap music at 110 decibals, this is despite signs being displayed about no loud music, ok i know its like the signs on the pavements 5000 baht fine for riding on them, no one takes a blind bit of notice,