Time to get the trainers out for the Bangkok Marathon 2017

webfact

Time to get the trainers out for the Bangkok Marathon 2017

00cd290c985d57b224e1e89983374c25.jpeg

It's still not too late to get in training for the upcoming Bangkok Marathon (the mini-marathon, anyway)

This year, the Bangkok Marathon celebrates its 30th year and will take place on 19 November. Once again, the race will cover the route that starts and finishes on Sanam Chai Road in front of the Grand Palace, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the Ministry of Defence. The route takes in some of Bangkok’s most beautiful landmarks.

The event will feature runs in three categories – a full marathon, half-marathon and mini marathon. All races have five age groups in both the male and female categories. The first five finishers in each age group will be awarded a King’s Cup and cash prizes.

To join the Bangkok Marathon, online registration is open from 1 May to 15 August, 2017 on the Bangkok Marathon website www.bkkmarathon.com. New and experienced runners are all welcome.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30328843

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-17

Once again, the race will cover the route that starts and finishes on Sanam Chai Road in front of the Grand Palace, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the Ministry of Defence.

I remember the Bangkok triathlon also ending at that exact same spot, it was great!

At least, for the people who finished in the early morning and not for over 50% of the contestants who could not finish because police could not keep the roads closed any longer and the traffic became dangerous for the runners. In my age group only 5 people finished (including me), the rest was sent home with a pad on the shoulder.