Best seat advice for my flights

NotWhatItWasnt

On 10/21/2017 at 2:44 AM, oxo1947 said:

I think Steven was just tongue in cheek hoffy66, he knows that there are plenty of Kiwi's on most planes now days.......:wub:

If it is a  Dream-liner then it will narrow down to just 2 side seats  for the last 3-4 rows at the back, with more space, dont get the very last--it may not recline.....most people are aware of this and they usually are booked out well in advance.

I've been trying without success to book a seat online.

Has anyone managed to reserve a seat via the China Southern airlines website?

On 22/10/2017 at 4:45 PM, NotWhatItWasnt said:

If you didn't book directly with them via their website, you might have an issue. I remember some nonsense with mobile phone numbers when I purchased a ticket for a friend.

Save yourself heartache, use SeatGuru and give CSA a call on +86-20-4006695539

You can email them, but I can't see that working for you. [email protected]

http://extra.csair.com/B2C40/modules/services/seatnew/login.html?lang=en is the web service link

On 10/22/2017 at 10:45 AM, NotWhatItWasnt said:

When you booked flights with Expedia, you are allowed to select your seats. After booking, I always call China Southern in LA, for seat confirmation. Out of 6, 2 segment round-trip flights only once did the check-in staff at the airport try to assign me to a different seat.

Received this from China Southern Airlines Customer Service

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately China Southern website does not recognize bookings made through travel agencies. It will not be possible to view/ manage your booking online.

We can book seats for you through e-mail. Please let us know your seating preference (window or aisle access), so that we could assist you accordingly.

Unfortunately seats are not available for advance allocation on London-Guangzhou service and will be allocated for you on the day of departure upon check-in.

Kind regards,

Still no joy in booking  the seat I want via China Southern Airlines Customer Service's

Dear Mr XX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can only book seats with regular legroom. Extra legroom seats and seats towards the front of the cabin can only be allocated on the day of departure upon check-in.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Supervisor
China Southern Airlines London Office

• 2 weeks later...

Archived