Women of which part of Thailand have no or the least presence in the adult entertainment industry?

Csaw

Lack of clitoris probably curtails these activities. Their fathers must really care about them. I notice last week, there is a hospital in bangkok offering clitorectomies with graphic images in their advert.

I am happy I don't love my daughter enough to do that to her.

Depends on which scene you are talking about. Thai or western?

Girls, IMO, go into the western scene to survive after being abandoned by the father of their child, to look for a western husband or to escape the village. Some just like the lifestyle.

The number of poor women going into it just for money is, IMO, miniscule. Their just as poor fellow women that don't become sex workers is by far and away the vast majority.

NB some children of the middle class engage in casual prostitution with businessmen to make money to buy stuff.

5 hours ago, Csaw said:

Is it top secret? Is the answer a privilege I have to strive for? 

I went through this game with Dr Cleo Odzer 30 yrs ago (look her up, Bangkok Sisters, I'm the nasty journalist). The myth of the perfect Thai woman. Thailand's not perfect but it's pretty good. The women, I mean educated, upper middle class, good family, are the best. For the rest it's like everywhere. A struggle to get by and keep one's dignity.

As for the question, no answer.  

I should not think any region except native Bangkok or the Muslim south .  Have no serious long term relations with entertainment ladies and be wary of all the others from whatever region , they are all money grubbers and prone to temper tantrums if they don't always get their own way .  Don't be fooled by their beguiling prettiness or sweet gentleness .

There used to be a girl in soi nana plying her trade with a muslim head scarf on, which I always found odd.

Most girls are always working in an area other than where they live as many of them tell family and friends they work in a hotel etc, less chance of running into a neighbour.

No girls from a certain area could mean there is lots of work locally.

Edited by Peterw42

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

That is easy to answer:The south of course.You will find very few southern gals in the trade, whether Buddhist or Muslim.For 100 from isan you might find 1 southern sexworker.Never ever encountered one from the majority Muslim provinces.

Suggest you spend more time on the border down there. There's a massive industry geared towards Malays on a dirty weekend. 

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

That is easy to answer:The south of course.You will find very few southern gals in the trade, whether Buddhist or Muslim.For 100 from isan you might find 1 southern sexworker.Never ever encountered one from the majority Muslim provinces.

Suggest you spend more time on the border down there. There's a massive industry geared towards Malays on a dirty weekend. 

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

True. And it demonstrates the hypocrisy of the males engaged in it there. If they did the same in Malaysia, they would probably be publicly flogged.

I echo a few posts- why is that so many are obsessed with prostitution.

it just weird- when I was a lad ( a while ago) men who used prostitutes were old men in brown filthy overcoats. 

Now of course it seems to be totally socially acceptable. If there were no punters - the men and women would not sell their bodies .

The industry is vile. 

Edited by peterb17
Grammar

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There used to be a girl in soi nana plying her trade with a muslim head scarf on, which I always found odd.

Most girls are always working in an area other than where they live as many of them tell family and friends they work in a hotel etc, less chance of running into a neighbour.

No girls from a certain area could mean there is lots of work locally.

There is one working there currently with the full on Muzzy outfit...can only see her eyes.