British man and Thai wife arrested on child sex abuse charges as they tried to board flight to Thailand

webfact

Blackpool couple arrested at Manchester Airport in ‘snowballing’ child abuse probe

ma.jpg

Manchester Airport

A husband and wife have been arrested at Manchester Airport and charged with a string of child abuse offences.

Derek Jessop, 74, and his wife Marlee Kadram, 39, from Regent Road, Blackpool, were held at the airport as they attempted to leave the UK on Monday.

Some of the alleged offences date back more than 50 years. Jessop is charged with rape, attempted rape, two counts of indecent assault of a girl under the age of 14 and three counts of indecent assault on a boy under 14.

Full story: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/blackpool-couple-arrested-at-manchester-airport-in-snowballing-child-abuse-probe-1-8811798

-- The Gazette 2017-10-20

5 minutes ago, shanesox said:

So they couldn’t be arrested and charged before attempting to fly from the airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

the investigation had literally only just began apparently and it seems the police just got lucky the first kid reported it just in time. that's if any of the allegations are true of course

Looks a little like creative journalism with the "flight to Thailand".

Which airline flies to Thailand from Manchester? Can't think of any.

Yes there are connecting flights say via Amsterdam but if they took one of those should not the headline read "flight to Amsterdam"?

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

the investigation had literally only just began apparently and it seems the police just got lucky the first kid reported it just in time. that's if any of the allegations are true of course

It seems as though they were attempting to do a runner, so guessing there is some truth involved.

10 minutes ago, alant said:

Yes there are connecting flights say via Amsterdam but if they took one of those should not the headline read "flight to Amsterdam"?

None... there might be the odd charter flight on Thompson. But the reality is his end-point and desired destination was Thailand whether he changes in Amsterdam or Dubai.

Some of the alleged offences date back more than 50 years. Jessop is charged with rape, attempted rape, two counts of indecent assault of a girl under the age of 14 and three counts of indecent assault on a boy under 14.

That's only the top of the "iceberg."

13 minutes ago, alant said:

No. When I book a flight from Los Angeles to Bangkok it goes VIA Beijing, usually. I did not book a flight to China, I booked one to Thailand. 
Same with these folks. They booked from Manchester to Bkk. If you Google for flights from Manchester, UK to Thailand you will find perhaps a dozen flights and airlines listed.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The link doesn't even mention Thailand let alone Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's because this is the World news Forum.  However, thank you for your opinion.

20 minutes ago, alant said:

Very important observation.   Thank you...

11 minutes ago, Cancerian said:

Why is everyone more concerned about what flights go where. Bottom line is they where arrested on child sex charges before leaving for there destination whether it be direct or flight change. 

TVF, things are done a bit differently here. you'll get used to it 5555

16 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

No. When I book a flight from Los Angeles to Bangkok it goes VIA Beijing, usually. I did not book a flight to China, I booked one to Thailand. 
Same with these folks. They booked from Manchester to Bkk. If you Google for flights from Manchester, UK to Thailand you will find perhaps a dozen flights and airlines listed.

I can understand the reporting not being fully detailed and it may well be that his ticket had the full routing. 

3 hours ago, Cancerian said:

Why is everyone more concerned about what flights go where. Bottom line is they where arrested on child sex charges before leaving for there destination whether it be direct or flight change. 

It's diversion. Nobody wants to admit that a kiddy diddler has been caught. Its disturbing that every time a pedo is caught, you get diversion comments, victim blaming or "Asians do it too" responses. SE Asia and especially Thailand reeks to high heaven of these sickos. They are a menace and must be locked up.

5 hours ago, shanesox said:

So they couldn’t be arrested and charged before attempting to fly from the airport?

Why is the location of their arrest so important, does it really matter?  Unless, of course,  you're trying to pour derision on the successful arrests?

4 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

It's diversion. Nobody wants to admit that a kiddy diddler has been caught. Its disturbing that every time a pedo is caught, you get diversion comments, victim blaming or "Asians do it too" responses. SE Asia and especially Thailand reeks to high heaven of these sickos. They are a menace and must be locked up.

Not just SE Asia.  South America, Africa, Eastern Europe and India all have a reputation of child sexual exploitation.  I do concede that Thailand does have more than it's fair share but much of the fault lies in the corrupt society where money buys you anything you want along with the casual approach to sexual exploitation. 

31 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Not just SE Asia.  South America, Africa, Eastern Europe and India all have a reputation of child sexual exploitation.  I do concede that Thailand does have more than it's fair share but much of the fault lies in the corrupt society where money buys you anything you want along with the casual approach to sexual exploitation. 

Not the fault of the perverts obviously. Some of these responses get me thinking..... 

Edited by Machiavelli

Good observation. I have said it many times and will continue to do so. Many Paedos must hide on TVF anonymously as their natural default reaction is to neither defend or try and divert the story. Bunch of sickos.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good observation. I have said it many times and will continue to do so. Many Paedos must hide on TVF anonymously as their natural default reaction is to neither defend or try and divert the story. Bunch of sickos.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I assume your ridiculous post will be pulled by admin.  It is an easy call to just call paedophiles sickos and say they should be locked up.  Anyone with half a brain realises that this scum will carry on committing their activities while there is a supply of victims.  When dealing with child sex tourism (which relates to what we are referring to) you have to address the supply.  The pimps and sometimes family members that sell these children are just as guilty as the paedophiles themselves.  If you cut off the source then that is how you deal with the problem.  There will always be plenty of perverts out there looking for sex with children and they will continue as long as there are  suppliers.  Having a police force that cannot be bought for the price of a three course dinner would also be a proper deterrent.