Back to Thailand after getting a 3 year ban

I have overstayed in Thailand for 1 year and got banned for 3 years after leaving through Suvarnabhumi airport.

Its been a few months now and I would like to get back. 

Anyone has experience with reversing the ban? 

Are there lawyers who has done it before? (successfully).

Thanks for the answers!

32 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Good luck. You still have same passport with the overstay stamp in?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I can get a new one, or a new passport from a different country.

The question is will they know I am the same person? I do not mind changing my name on a different country passport (or the same country). How sophisticate are they anyway? 

If I try to cross from a land border what is the worst that they can do if they find out?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

the system is as Advanced, as far as required - by Interpol etc

another avenue, the Fake Passports are the ony scourge that might stop you being traced back to your origins, however it will still get you caught out

The question is will they know I am the same person? I do not mind changing my name on a different country passport (or the same country). How sophisticate are they anyway? 
If I try to cross from a land border what is the worst that they can do if they find out?
If you have dual nationality and a legit passport then it's worth a shot. You would be crazy to try on a fake passport. Get caught and probably banned for life.

20 minutes ago, SWW said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't offering advice on this thread constitute promoting illegal activity?

Not if someone has some idea how the ban might be reversed by negotiation with the Thai authorities. Otherwise, you're probably right.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Not if someone has some idea how the ban might be reversed by negotiation with the Thai authorities. Otherwise, you're probably right.

Surprised no one has asked why he overstayed in the first place?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobalolo said:

If you got a new (real) passport under a different name from a different country - even then, facial recognition and/or your DOB might still give you away.  And even if you made it in, is it really worth risking jail, deportation, and a permanent-ban, just to come back early? 

I sympathize with your missing Thailand, but if you really like being in Thailand, it would be wise to find somewhere else to pass the time until the ban is over.

• Like 2

I know of one person who changed their name got a new passport and was arrested at the airport refused entry and sent back to their home country.

So as you have been banned for 3 years suck it up unless you have any desire to visit the immigration detention centre.

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

If you have dual nationality and a legit passport then it's worth a shot. You would be crazy to try on a fake passport. Get caught and probably banned for life.

And maybe a free holiday at the Hilton - and you know which one I mean!

20 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I know of one person who changed their name got a new passport and was arrested at the airport refused entry and sent back to their home country.

So as you have been banned for 3 years suck it up unless you have any desire to visit the immigration detention centre.

No risk of IDC; if he tries to enter (on a legit passport, of course) he will either be allowed in (if he's very lucky) or he will be refused entry and put back on a plane to where he came from. 

Edited by Just Weird

Are many people still unaware of the law and penslities?

Were you aware when you left Thailand after over-staying a year you would be banned?

Not relent as how to escape the penalty of his transgressions, but curious why he seemed to be unaware he would be banned ?

its like a wanted criminal walks into police station and identifies himself and is suprised to be arrested,

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

...because it's irrelevant?

It's not even slightly irrelevant.  Why don't you explain how it could be? 

By the way it IS mine and other posters business to know this so if your answer is " It's none of your business" please don't use that lame answer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stravers said:

You will be happier in Philippines as are many ex Thai expats. The locals want you there, the visa is easy, and the ladies look the same but are sweet and speak English. From there, you could tour SEA.

My Opinion: We are not welcome or wanted in Thai. Those that think they are welcomed/wanted are believing the illusion, which isn't always too bad as life is short but don't forget Thai is not the only option.

While you may feel less welcome in Thailand, the chance that you get robbed, kidnapped or murdered in Thailand is way lower as in the Philippines. 

For the OP. Just go the Laos you can see Thailand from the Mekong river. Maybe take a boat or go for a swim ;) Without an entry stamp you never have to worry about overstay :D 

35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No risk of IDC; if he tries to enter (on a legit passport, of course) he will either be allowed in (if he's very lucky) or he will be refused entry and put back on a plane to where he came from. 

If he's allowed in, and it's later discovered that he's banned, it would be straight to the IDC. He is banned, not his old passport, and if he is in the country illegally he could be imprisoned for up to 2 years. I would imagine conning your way back in wouldn't go down well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

It's not even slightly irrelevant.  Why don't you explain how it could be? 

By the way it IS mine and other posters business to know this so if your answer is " It's none of your business" please don't use that lame answer. 

Sure.  It's irrelevant because the reason for his overstay, and subsequent blacklisting, cannot affect his current position, nor the "advice" that he could be given here.

Perhaps you will now lamely explain how the irrelevant reason for his overstay is your business or that of anyone else

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobalolo said:

Are you being serious?

That is an insane plan.

Criminal as well, I suspect.