Embarrassing! Thais turn on minivan after tourist's tortuous experience

webfact

Yeah I have had a few of those bus trips from hell!

No issue with respect to toilet breaks though, as the bus broke down in the middle of nowhere and we sat around for hours waiting for another to happen along. When the bus eventually arrived at our destination he refused to go into the bus station and dropped us across the road. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Jeremy50 said:

'Thais turn on minivan.' I'm not sure what this means, but who cares. Why were these people not sitting in the very comfortable and spacious train? Do a little research before your trip you fools, and you will see that no sane person ever ever gets inside a long distance mini-van in Thailand.

Train??????

I wondered if they had built a train from Krabi without me looking, but no, there is no train from Krabi, though there should be.

I am aware of the bus to Surat and then train, but given the train is never on time and the bus trip I did was worse than a van, not an option I'd do again.

The best way from Krabi is the bus from the government bus station. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER take a tourist "thief special" bus anywhere in LOS though.

As for the OP, did he check before leaving if there was a food break? If he needed a toilet break, just tell the driver. However, he may have asked and been ignored, in which case he has a valid complaint, but not about the meals, unless he had been told they were included.

23 hours ago, electric said:

Regardless of the humerous posts, there is a more serious side to this story. The coach operator is seriously neglectful by not providing some comfort stops when operating a non-toilet equipped coach.

Would you travel on any form of transport, if beforehand you knew there was no toilet for the next 9 hours ?

It's really not a funny issue if you have a full bladder, or have eaten too much spicy pappaya salad, and there's no bog in sight for 9 hours.

As I have pointed out this might actually be a proper bus equipped with a toilet. A van driver would normally stop if requested for a toilet break, a bus won't.

Anyone eating anything likely to require an urgent toilet visit is not sensible. I normally don't drink anything before a long distance bus trip either.

LOL. This entire thread is based on misinformation.

This is what the guy posted on the internet. NB nothing about a toilet break.

I need help . this bus driver torturing people right now ! Non stop 8 hours no food no cigarette no water .

and

Start 3 a clock from phi phi ferry bus another bus and another bus but no stop for eating yet ! Driver said stop 1 a clock !....

It's all about a wimpy guy that apparently wants a ciggy break. What a loser.

One of his own photos shows a bottle of water behind the seat in front.

BTW. He WAS on a bus, as his own photos show, NOT A VAN.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion. I like to see the countryside as I travel. It is why I came to Thailand in the first place.

ah yes  ....  but not in a minivan.  But if i wanted to travel and see thailand more I would go by train ... at least you can walk around and get off at any station then get back on the next train.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

ah yes  ....  but not in a minivan.  But if i wanted to travel and see thailand more I would go by train ... at least you can walk around and get off at any station then get back on the next train.

Goes without saying. All the vans I ever went in in LOS had windows too small to look out of properly.

I always travel by train if possible but not always possible or convenient.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, darksidedog said:

The fuel economy on that van must be mind blowing if it can travel for 8-9 hours without stopping to refuel. Newsflash for the whinger, long journeys take a long time. Next time, when you want comfort, lob out the dollars for a private taxi or fly.

Very strange complaint, no mention of the speeding and wreck less driving that also may have been part of this

I sat on a regular bus with a downstairs washroom and had to tell a complaining passenger from Europe

that is where it was when he started shouting in some language and walking around, he was clueless

that the bus even had a washroom.

Geezer

• 2 weeks later...
I sat on a regular bus with a downstairs washroom and had to tell a complaining passenger from Europe
that is where it was when he started shouting in some language and walking around, he was clueless
that the bus even had a washroom.
Geezer
Typing this on long distsnce Thai bus, 6hr travel ,+ a free meal stop about 370฿. VIP about 30 seats (1seat aisle 2 configuration upstairs. WC below.
Car or taxi would be marginally quicker but less safe.
Until the Chinese build the high speed rail lines busses are quicker than by train.
A lot cheaper than flights.
12 seat vehicles are supposed to be phased out because of poor safety records and will be replaced by specially designed 20 seat busses.

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk