Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump

webfact

59 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Politicians are by definition a weird bunch, but in the brexit soap both sides have gone through exceptional lengths to outdo one another in sillyness.

Cameron who thought to save his skin by organizing a referendum, Teresa who thought to get a strong mandate from early elections but now has to sleep with Paisley, the international clowns Farage and Boris, and some more minor clowns.

The European side counts 2,5 presidents (1 Juncker, 1 Tusk and 0,5 Tajani - I had to google for his name). And then there is Verhofstadt, that the Belgians dropped in the European parliament only to get rid of this smart ass troublemaker.

You would think that the average TVF poster would never take this soap seriously, but oh no, after all, this is the barstool forum.

There's something decidedly weird about Verhofstadt. His facial expressions and body language just aren't right.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

And all the others that I mentioned, no?

If you use your 'friend' you can find all kinds of unsubstantiated stuff about the Brit politicians you mentioned. Some of it (particularly in the case of Theresa May) has some elements of substantiation. I don't find anything on Verhofstadt, but maybe that's because my French is poor and I only know about half-a-dozen words of Flemish.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

If you use your 'friend' you can find all kinds of unsubstantiated stuff about the Brit politicians you mentioned. Some of it (particularly in the case of Theresa May) has some elements of substantiation. I don't find anything on Verhofstadt, but maybe that's because my French is poor and I only know about half-a-dozen words of Flemish.

Do I sense some reluctance to accept that BOTH sides are equally wacko?

Just now, oldhippy said:

Do I sense some reluctance to accept that BOTH sides are equally wacko?

No, I have a healthy disrespect for politicians the world over. I think I have a fairly good understanding of the things that make the political world tick.. But, in the present,  we have to work with what we have.

Just now, Khun Han said:

No, I have a healthy disrespect for politicians the world over. I think I have a fairly good understanding of the things that make the political world tick.. But, in the present,  we have to work with what we have.

>>>>>>>>>in the present,  we have to work with what we have.<<<<<<<<<

I disagree.

If your choice is brexit, that is up to you.

But trusting Teresa, Boris and their ilk to handle the brexit is a recipe for disaster.

They are still fighting amongst each other about what type of brexit they want. They never knew. They were playing games.

Just like trusting Juncker, Tusk and-what's-his-name to safeguard the European interests is only going to damage Europe. They are not interested in Europe, only in their careers.

Not unlike the red - yellow divide and their leaders here in Thailand.

Face & ego.

14 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

>>>>>>>>>in the present,  we have to work with what we have.<<<<<<<<<

I disagree.

If your choice is brexit, that is up to you.

But trusting Teresa, Boris and their ilk to handle the brexit is a recipe for disaster.

They are still fighting amongst each other about what type of brexit they want. They never knew. They were playing games.

Just like trusting Juncker, Tusk and-what's-his-name to safeguard the European interests is only going to damage Europe. They are not interested in Europe, only in their careers.

Not unlike the red - yellow divide and their leaders here in Thailand.

Face & ego.

I don't trust Theresa, Boris and their ilk. Public pressure has to keep them relatively honest. Nearly every mainstream politician in the UK understands that a reverse of brexit is a non-starter (even the likes of Ken Clark), despite what people on internet forums would have you believe.

5 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I don't trust Theresa, Boris and their ilk. Public pressure has to keep them relatively honest. Nearly every mainstream politician in the UK understands that a reverse of brexit is a non-starter (even the likes of Ken Clark), despite what people on internet forums would have you believe.

You do realize that in practice Brexit could mean "90% out, 10% in", or

"90% in, 10% out"?

Brexit is just a word that can be twisted any way politicians want.

And that is what will happen, a win win situation for all politicians from both sides (and their sub sides).

Most likely a lose lose situation for both the British and European average people alike.

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

Please do tell.

I was a regular on <deleted> mostly debating mathematics. But the 'who owns the bank of England?' question came up. I posted the names of 13 shareholders. Almost immediately it was removed.

It is exceedingly difficult to gleen info on the Bank of England. It is shrouded in secrecy and has laws that are unique to the bank. 

At the present time the 'tax payers' of the UK fork out 55 Billion a year (some 6 billion is returned as tax however) to individuals who own the bank.

Most central banks of the world are privately owned on the B-of-E model.

Edited by owl sees all

I was a regular on mostly debating mathematics. But the 'who owns the bank of England?' question came up. I posted the names of 13 shareholders. Almost immediately it was removed.

It is exceedingly difficult to gleen info on the Bank of England. It is shrouded in secrecy and has laws that are unique to the bank. 

At the present time the 'tax payers' of the UK fork out 55 Billion a year (some 6 billion is returned as tax however) to individuals who own the bank.

So it’s not true that Rothchilds own or control all banks apart from North Korea and Libya then (read this somewhere). Oh hang on the wife’s just piped up that Libya used to control their bank till they were liberated by the traitors Blair and Bush. Maybe North Korea needs some freedom now then!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

36 minutes ago, chezy86 said:

So it’s not true that Rothchilds own or control all banks apart from North Korea and Libya then (read this somewhere). Oh hang on the wife’s just piped up that Libya used to control their bank till they were liberated by the traitors Blair and Bush. Maybe North Korea needs some freedom now then!

Tricky question Chezy. They are the shareholders (major) of most of the world's Central Banks. Banks own banks and finding out who is getting paid out is extremely difficult.

The FED's major shareholder was thought to be JP Morgan until he died and then it was discovered he owned just 20% of his own banking empire.

A sort of audit was done during Reagan's term to establish how much, and who owned the Fort knox and Wall St. gold. Well, what gold there was; did not belong to the American people!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been posting for a long time now that bankers and big business are calling the shots on world affairs. Those affairs include demonising NK and Iran. The petrodollar (PD) is under huge pressure. 20  years ago 90% of world trade was tallied in PD, now it is just 30%. War is the solution for the demise of the PD (or getting into bed with Iran, China and Russia; very unlikely).The main difference between Trump the candidate and President Trump is now he fully understands who runs the show (probably took him into a secret room and showed him unseen footage of JFK's ass'). Just look at his inner circle; loaded with Zionists and Bankers.

Maybe NK does need a Rothchild or two running loose. As for your wife's insight; couldn't have put it better myself.

Edited by owl sees all

Politicians are by definition a weird bunch, but in the brexit soap both sides have gone through exceptional lengths to outdo one another in sillyness.

Cameron who thought to save his skin by organizing a referendum, Teresa who thought to get a strong mandate from early elections but now has to sleep with Paisley, the international clowns Farage and Boris, and some more minor clowns.

The European side counts 2,5 presidents (1 Juncker, 1 Tusk and 0,5 Tajani - I had to google for his name). And then there is Verhofstadt, that the Belgians dropped in the European parliament only to get rid of this smart ass troublemaker.

You would think that the average TVF poster would never take this soap seriously, but oh no, after all, this is the barstool forum.

Incorrect.
National PMs and Presidents in EU have the final say.
Its a fallacy to think it's just EU president and EU commission involved.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This thread is better than Game of Thrones had a great laugh watching all the Remainers spouting their doom and gloom nonsense and the Brexiteers bitterly defending their decision to leave.Then there’s our European cousins telling us they don’t care we’re leaving when really they do care but they’re afraid others might follow and break up the party.

I’m sure Teresa May and her team are following this TV thread looking for ideas and advice so please keep it up can’t wait for the next episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Game of thrones doesn't result in Brits having less pounds in their pocket and losing their jobs.

Mostly the Europeans don't give a shit about UK leaving except for Ireland and EU residents in the UK, otherwise it's just not high on their radar.

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

And these won't be low level munchkins! 75,000 x 400,000 per annum = 30 billion!

Why the hell did you vote for it then, you English. Us Scots didn't.

Pathetic, you have a vote then change your minds as the elite or those citizens with more than 1 vote didn't like it. 

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Pathetic, you have a vote then change your minds as the elite or those citizens with more than 1 vote didn't like it. 

A) I voted remain. Flew back to do so

B) I'm half Scottish 

?

11 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You will soon have Independence; not to fret. Then kilts and Nessie will be safe. Then you can re-join the EU (if it still exists).

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

A) I voted remain. Flew back to do so

B) I'm half Scottish 

I flew back to vote leave (the sinking ship).

My first wife's Father was a Scot.

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Actually, the electorate of London, where these jobs are mostly found, voted overwhelmingly against Brexit. About 60% vs. Scotland's 62%,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/

2 hours ago, taipeir said:

Game of thrones doesn't result in Brits having less pounds in their pocket and losing their jobs.

Mostly the Europeans don't give a shit about UK leaving except for Ireland and EU residents in the UK, otherwise it's just not high on their radar.

Sure they don`t.Especially the begging bowl countries,the cash cow is leaving and they don`t give a shit.Hahaha

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I was a regular on <deleted> mostly debating mathematics. But the 'who owns the bank of England?' question came up. I posted the names of 13 shareholders. Almost immediately it was removed.

Wouldn't particularly suprise me if this is 100% true :sad:.

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You seriously don't know that grouse is 100% a remainer??

How to prove that you haven't been following the topic on this forum, at all :smile:!

Edited by dick dasterdly

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Wouldn't particularly suprise me if this is 100% true :sad:.

It's as true as I can make it except for the figures which are 6 months out of date; half billion or so out (but more not less).

As for the shareholders; it is illegal to publish a list in the UK. There has been no proper audit of the B-of-Eng since late 1940s. The deal to pay the shareholders by taxpayers is enscribed in British law. Questions have been asked in the H-of-C about the B-of-Eng down the years to get information on the dealings and shareholders; to no avail. (One MP who tabled a question about auditing was told "No!! You may not ask." by the PM.

Strangely enough it was thought 160 years ago that the first step to bring the B-of-Eng into line would have to be the dissolving of the H-of-Lds. Such is the stranglehold the genrty have on the UK. Still with us!!

17 minutes ago, dundee48 said:

Sure they don`t.Especially the begging bowl countries,the cash cow is leaving and they don`t give a shit.Hahaha

The few 'paying' countries are also concerned as they will either have to 'make up' the UK's contribution (which is unlikely to be popular in those countries) or, cut back on payments to the poorer countries - which is unlikely to be popular in those poorer countries.

11 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

In a (Probably hopeless) attempt to strike some balance here, it is highly unlikely that UK plc will become a 3rd word basket case economy, or (Except for those living on planet Zog) that there will be no negative effect from ending full participation in the EU marketplace, to whatever extent that happens. When I heard Dr Fox boasting about how we could have a trade agreement with Panama, the hopeless inadequacy of what we have achieved so far on this front was impossible to deny,  we can only hope they do better in the future. You can't rule out the possibility that there are remainers who wan't the economy to crash so they can say "I told you so". They would have to be idiots, that outcome will hurt us all. The remainers I know, are genuinely worried that things - as they honestly see them - do not look good, they may yet be proved wrong even if that currently appears unlikely. The prosperity of countries - and to a large extent individuals also - depends on trade. Trade is based on co-operation between countries, not competition between them (Except for those with idiotic levels of "Go it alone- we are the greatest" nationalism). Trade should, and generally does benefit all involved (Post the days of colonial exploitation I should probably add). 

I agree with a lot of what you say.  Ultimately I believe UK trade with the EU will continue, as that is in the best interests of all parties. Unfortunately we might have to wait for a last minute deal, as is often the case in complex negotiations like this.

29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It's as true as I can make it except for the figures which are 6 months out of date; half billion or so out (but more not less).

As for the shareholders; it is illegal to publish a list in the UK. There has been no proper audit of the B-of-Eng since late 1940s. The deal to pay the shareholders by taxpayers is enscribed in British law. Questions have been asked in the H-of-C about the B-of-Eng down the years to get information on the dealings and shareholders; to no avail. (One MP who tabled a question about auditing was told "No!! You may not ask." by the PM.

Strangely enough it was thought 160 years ago that the first step to bring the B-of-Eng into line would have to be the dissolving of the H-of-Lds. Such is the stranglehold the genrty have on the UK. Still with us!!

The following is a quote from the Bank of England web site with a link!

Who owns the Bank of England today?

Today, we are wholly-owned by the UK government. The entire capital of the Bank, around £14.6 million, is held by the Treasury Solicitor on behalf of HM Treasury. A forthcoming guide will set out how we are funded. There are some misconceptions on the internet about the Bank of England today being owned by private families, the Royal Family or run as a private corporation. However, these stories are untrue.

Crucially, though, while we are owned by HM Treasury, we carry out our responsibilities free from day-to-day political influence. The links below and our main website explain more about how we are governed.

http://edu.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/who-owns-the-bank-of-england/

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree with a lot of what you say.  Ultimately I believe UK trade with the EU will continue, as that is in the best interests of all parties. Unfortunately we might have to wait for a last minute deal, as is often the case in complex negotiations like this.

Which is bad for pretty much everyone as uncertainty is bad for business and everyone else - apart from politicians/bureaucrats involved of course....

But to look on the bright side, a few v wealthy people are likely to make a 'killing' from all the uncertainty via exchange rates etc.