What the weather like in November?

mrblonde

6 minutes ago, emilymat said:

Should be OK. The rainy season seems to be finishing here and it will get less humid next month - I hope!

Thanks emilymat, i was there last Septmeber and it was hot, with a few odd days of heavy rain.  The usual 2 hour downpour, knee deep floods then bone dry again 2 hours later

November can be anything from almost no rain to heavy showers .You never know. But this year has not been as bad as expected for a rainy season, in October we've had only 2-3 major thunderstorms and they only lasted for 3-4 hours. 

On 10/30/2017 at 2:28 AM, themerg said:

Wikipedia, go to Pattaya, go to climate. Can be rainy, will be hot and humid

Good job nobody takes any notice of that then. November often can be windy, sun is lower in the sky and certainly not humid and certainly not hot in my experience often the coolest month of the year, but as always varies year to year

I suspect to most of us who live here, it's more about humidity than temperature. Since the original post on Sunday I don't think I've seen a cloud, but as other posters have said, it's been lovely and breezy.

:smile: p.s. That's because I'm often having to trample through the long grass looking for my ball!.  Safer than shorts.

On 10/31/2017 at 4:21 AM, balo said:

November can be anything from almost no rain to heavy showers .You never know. But this year has not been as bad as expected for a rainy season, in October we've had only 2-3 major thunderstorms and they only lasted for 3-4 hours.

True. Can't be predicted w/ any high degree of accuracy. Some stormy Novembers I've exclaimed, "The rainy season's supposed to be over!!!" Good news is that this rainy season's been relatively mild so the likelihood is that the trend will continue.

Edited by JSixpack

It's windy and it's cold today, I enjoy it but the locals seem to be freezing .  We could get temperatures down to 20 C , thanks to the typhoon Damrey that has been downgraded to tropical low pressure ,  it's now over Phnom Penh and on it's way in our direction.   So it could get more windy for the next 24 hours. 

22 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Currently it's only 25.5 degrees and quite windy.

We had some light rain about an hour ago.

Capture.JPG

You can get the TMD forecast here.

That forecast is completely the opposite of what the BBC shows lol

Am hoping your forecast is accurate badly need some sun !

25 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

It was so cold last night; in fact, I had to cuddle just to stay warm.:sad:

Yeah, I know what you mean.

It's a bummer when you have to cuddle them, bad enough listening to them moaning all day.

Wore a thin jacket last night as it was cold out. 

22 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

My one third full can of Leo literally flew off the balcony table . Devastating when trying to live on 4k/month

You must be spending too much on housing if you actually have a balcony:)

It has been cool and windy terrible golf weather I walked off the course.

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

That forecast is completely the opposite of what the BBC shows lol

Am hoping your forecast is accurate badly need some sun !

I find the daily/hourly forecasts from AccuWeather are extremely accurate and I have used this app on my phone in several countries.

17 hours ago, MiKT said:

I find the daily/hourly forecasts from AccuWeather are extremely accurate and I have used this app on my phone in several countries.

Clearly wrong again for 3rd day running overcast again. Think I'll rely again on the BBC quite frankly who have had it spot on 6 days running

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Clearly wrong again for 3rd day running overcast again. Think I'll rely again on the BBC quite frankly who have had it spot on 6 days running

Well it was accurate for me in Buri Ram and this is a Thai forum.

Which Rochester do you live in? I don't recall seeing one in Thailand.

But if its UK Rochester, its hardly surprising that the BBC got it right, although they are in the process of dumping the National Met Office in favour of a private contractor, so it may not always be so good.

I