U.S. special counsel's Russia probe entering new phase with first charges

webfact

Just now, farcanell said:

What?... worse even than awesome wells 1930’s broadcast of war of the worlds?

some would call it gullibility.

war of the worlds hysteria lasted about an hour, this reds under the bed has now been going full tilt for over a year. And judging by this forum, the mental distress is growing. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. As previously said, every country engages in espionage and dirty tricks. It just gets my goat when countries no less guilty than others engage in finger pointing and fake wounded innocence in order to persuade the sheeple that their nation is whiter than white.

As I've asked for many times, please show where they US has actively engaged in hacking another countries computers during an election.  Recent history only.

Every country engages in espionage and dirty tricks.  Even your country, the UK.  Russia is #1 at it though.  No denying. 

Fake wounded innocence?  I've not seen that.  Sheeple?  That's a highly derogatory term as you are one of them. LOL

10 minutes ago, baboon said:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. As previously said, every country engages in espionage and dirty tricks. It just gets my goat when countries no less guilty than others engage in finger pointing and fake wounded innocence in order to persuade the sheeple that their nation is whiter than white.

You and others don't seem to get the point. The special prosecutor isn't going after the Russian government. He's going after Americans who might have colluded with the Russian government.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

You and others don't seem to get the point. The special prosecutor isn't going after the Russian government. He's going after Americans who might have colluded with the Russian government.

Post of the day!  Spot on.

2 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

war of the worlds hysteria lasted about an hour, this reds under the bed has now been going full tilt for over a year. And judging by this forum, the mental distress is growing. 

The reds under the bed fears started at the end of ww one, and was probably at its peak during the Hoover years.... haven’t y’all learnt anything by now?

gullible.... or worse... trump won, and it will likely be his cronies that end up in shackles

it will be interesting to see who gets outed, once these documents get unsealed (hopefully not in 50 years time, as I won’t be around to laugh, by then)

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

As I've asked for many times, please show where they US has actively engaged in hacking another countries computers during an election.  Recent history only.

Every country engages in espionage and dirty tricks.  Even your country, the UK.  Russia is #1 at it though.  No denying. 

Fake wounded innocence?  I've not seen that.  Sheeple?  That's a highly derogatory term as you are one of them. LOL

I said that every country engages in espionage and dirty tricks. You agreed. I did not say the "US has actively engaged in hacking another countries computers during an election." Show where I did or stop misrepresting what I said.

Yes, the UK is as guilty as anyone else. No 'if's or 'but's However what I will not do at this point is try and explain it away or indulge in '...but, but, the other lot...' A look at your posting history can confirm that you do this frequently. 

Of course you will not see fake wounded innocence. It doesn't suit you to do so.

15 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I accept what you say, but I was trying to make a more general point.

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

I said that every country engages in espionage and dirty tricks. You agreed. I did not say the "US has actively engaged in hacking another countries computers during an election." Show where I did or stop misrepresting what I said.

Yes, the UK is as guilty as anyone else. No 'if's or 'but's However what I will not do at this point is try and explain it away or indulge in '...but, but, the other lot...' A look at your posting history can confirm that you do this frequently. 

Of course you will not see fake wounded innocence. It doesn't suit you to do so.

Not sure I even understand fake wounded innocence. LOL

Democrats had the choice between Bernie S and Hillary C. Bernie would have made a fine President but Wall St. the FED and big US Business didn't want him. They were scared he would change things in their world. Now they are making a big fuss but it's too late. The Don is now the boss.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

The link goes back to the 1940's. LOL.  I see no reference to where the US hacked into a foreign country's election servers and published the data on the internet.  Nor where the US paid for political ads anonymously.  Please show a link for that.

Many countries have interfered in other's politics.  But nothing like what Russia's been doing lately.  In MANY countries around the world.

If you read the article properly, you will see that your country killed opponents too. That is a lot worse than the Facebook ads.

The fact that Russian bought ads targeting Muslims, gun owners, and black lives matters group says a lot. They want to sow division among the entire country.  They even open up fake accounts and pretended to be BLM activist and all. I think due to the age of internet and how connected everyone is, issues like this can no longer be taken lighted. It has a big impact on the nation.

After all most citizens in the US want the something, job stability and savings so they can afford houses and a decent life. One one end we had Hilary Clinton whose campaign was completely out of touch with the low-middle income but her policies were actually pro middle income folks. On the other end of the spectrum we had Trump who pretends to care about the low-middle income, but his polices are all pro high income.

Nonetheless it was the Trump campaign that hire Cambridge Analytics to target ads on voters. Which proved their success. This computer is also known to sway voter for Bretix, and have gone on the road advertising their services using the Bretix and Trumps win as concrete proof of what they can do with targeting ads at certain folks to sway their opinion.

Here's a link to an article that shows how much of the Steele Dossier has already been confirmed. It was published almost 2 months ago and recent developments corroborate it further:

The Steele Report, Revisited

How much of the infamous document ended up being corroborated elsewhere? A whole lot.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/09/a_lot_of_the_steele_dossier_has_since_been_corroborated.html

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you read the article properly, you will see that your country killed opponents too. That is a lot worse than the Facebook ads.

Give me the name of your home country.  I'm sure I can come up with a long list of similar actions.

8 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

from the sublime to the ridiculous

quote "U.S. intelligence agencies concluded in January that Russia interfered in the election to try to help Trump defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton by hacking and releasing embarrassing emails"

So these highly politicized US agencies view the public's awareness of these emails detailing illegal acts a greater threat than the horrific woman that actually wrote the bloomin' emails in the 1st place? It's flat out insanity. I now know for a fact that Trump will win a 2nd term - the liberal establishment hasn't learned a single thing from their thumping at the ballot box.

On a more serious note, this extended witch hunt is not good for the mass mental hysteria and delusion that has descended over liberals over in the US. It is acknowledged to be the largest ever incident of mass hysteria. Hope they can get the help needed to come to terms with their loss of power and the end of their liberal agenda.

The first response to the OP is simultaneously the first "...but Hillary..." response as well.

Simply awesome!

Winning!

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

The link goes back to the 1940's. LOL.  I see no reference to where the US hacked into a foreign country's election servers and published the data on the internet.  Nor where the US paid for political ads anonymously.  Please show a link for that.

Many countries have interfered in other's politics.  But nothing like what Russia's been doing lately.  In MANY countries around the world.

Nah, the US is way, way more subtle than the Kremlin could ever aspire to be... like when they the U.S. Army's Rapid Deployment Force (1st, 2nd Ranger Battalions and 82nd Airborne Division Paratroopers), U.S. Marines, U.S. Army Delta Force, U.S. Navy SEALs and other combined forces constituted the 7,600 troops from the United States that kicked over a Caribbean fruit stand in late 1983?

Only the first step but a significant one.

The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.  All be expected but the charge of "conspiracy against the United States" is the one that matters most I would say.

11 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Is he going after lobbyists for foreign governments? God, I hope so.

20 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's not a crime in the USA to be a lobbyist for a foreign government as long as you declare yourself as such. 

Yeah, I know. Many of the greatest crimes one can commit in the US against the US have been made legal. That's where the money is.

So George Papadopoulos pleads guilty to lying to the FBI now.  This sounds more relevant than Manafort as it directly relates to the Russians.  Obviously there is much to come and I suspect it will take some time but I am sure those brown trousers are very popular in the White House right now.